Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Claude Giroux

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
As Tarasenko has a family with kids I think that he would might not agree to a trade and might prefer to wait until next summer to make his own choice .

I would imagine as a player who had to settle for a 1-year deal in Ottawa because no one would give him term, his primary priority is to get one last 3-4 year, good money contract.

For that to happen, I bet he wants to get to a playoff team that will put him on a line with good players, whether that's in Winnipeg, Edmonton or New York, asap.

Reactions: DrEasy

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Brady, and it's not even close.

G will stay because of his kids.

We'll trade tank before the deadline.

I honestly don't think Brady has bought in to any of this. He didn't understand why it wasn't working under DJ, and he doesn't understand why it will work under Jacques or another coach.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
AJ on the radio openly calling out Stutzle and Tkachuk for ‘pouting’ since JM took over.

Bobby Ryan pointing out that Stutzle is not paying attention on the bench when Alfie is talking to him

Everyone is starting to notice….these two guys are becoming the root of the issues

Reactions: LiseL

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I doubt any of these guys will ask out. If anyone is moved then it will because the team sees an improvement to be made through a trade.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
I doubt any of these guys will ask out. If anyone is moved then it will because the team sees an improvement to be made through a trade.

As a cautionary tale, I remember Danny Heatley signing long term and then wanting out once Clouston was hired as coach (and his PP time was subsequently cut). It didn’t matter to heater that they were winning either, he was dead set on leaving.

The pouting I’m seeing tells me Brady could be wanting out especially if JM has interim tag removed. We’ll see, hopefully guy proves me wrong

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
As a cautionary tale, I remember Danny Heatley signing long term and then wanting out once Clouston was hired as coach (and his PP time was subsequently cut). It didn’t matter to heater that they were winning either, he was dead set on leaving.

The pouting I’m seeing tells me Brady could be wanting out especially if JM has interim tag removed. We’ll see, hopefully guy proves me wrong
It's only been a few weeks. I wouldn't read into anything just yet. Does Brady need to show more commitment to the change and step up and lead by example by buying into the messages from the new coaching staff? Absolutely. But Brady is an emotional guy, he had a very close relationship and a tremendous amount of respect for DJ. His bad vibes are probably not just a reflection of how he feels about that change, but also him putting the blame on his own shoulders as the leader of this team. It's a frustrating time in his career, but he's got an opportunity here to make strides as a player and a captain.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I mean, he's terrible defensively, doesn't seem to care to get better in his end, and can't seem to keep his composure when adversity hits.

He has a ton of strengths, and I have no interest in trading him at this point, but he also does things that are major, fundamental flaws.
He`s not terrible defensively . He is OK but makes some bone headed plays on coverage in his own end which are very noticeable. He`s not a Hamonic type player who makes bad plays virtually every shift. And as I mentioned before BT is a slow skater relative to his peers so when he gets out of position he can`t recover as fast as a guy like Timmy. But guys like Timmy and Norris make just as many bad decisions as Brady does.
One thing to keep in mind. When is the last time he took a bad penalty in the offensive zone. Or in any zone for that matter. A guy like Batherson takes far more lazy penalties than Brady does.

Reactions: Senovision

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
This is the kind of post that starts destroying a team from the outside in. The kind of thing a troll from another fan base would start.
A few more of these and you have chants at the game and then a forced rebuild.

Think first then post.
I think you've extremely overestimated the importance of what gets said in this space dude

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
This is the kind of post that starts destroying a team from the outside in. The kind of thing a troll from another fan base would start.
A few more of these and you have chants at the game and then a forced rebuild.

Think first then post.

Tough. It's a results business. Win games or move on.
Players come and go, winners get written in the books.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I can see Giroux or Tarasenko. At this stage, both will want to chase Cups. And I'd have no ill will to either of them for wanting to do so.

But the kids, out of the kids, only Brann might have a legit gripe to want to move. He's heavily blocked on D, and he is a decently useful player at the NHL level.

Any of the other kids who want to cut bait and run....they don't have the mental fortitude to be a winner, anyways.

Reactions: lancepitlick

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Is it a conditioning issue? I'm sure it's hard to play 20min a night when you are that young and wasting a lot of energy by not working as a team.
As someone north of 30, it's actually a lot easier physically when you're that young.

There must be a graph similar to torque vs HP at different RPM when it comes to this.

The 30 year old is better equipped to mentally take the grind but the 20 year old is better physically equipped to take the grind.

At 20 you can play 4 games in 4 nights and not physically feel it whereas at 30+ you can feel that single game the next day.

You hear guys like Methot and Yorkie say this all the time "they're young, they can recover so quickly" when talking about back to backs on guys like Timmy vs Claude or something. Young guys want to be on the ice all the time all game. They have the energy and recovery rates for it.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Real slippery slope the Sens fans on twitter are creating.

All this negativity towards Brady is not good for anyone. He is a leader and if he feels this fan base turning on him, we will never see a bigger mass exitus of this team.

ottawagm

May 6, 2023

All this negativity towards Brady is not good for anyone. He is a leader and if he feels this fan base turning on him, we will never see a bigger mass exitus of this team.

Never should have called out the fans who have patiently waited for this team through the Melnyk years and rebuild.

If he had played well since then and the team was doing better, then it would have been forgotten. But he hasn't played well since the call out and the team is getting worse.

At this point who cares about a mass exodus from the team? We'll drop from 5th worst team in the league to ???

JM is right, they need to look in the mirror and realize they are the problem. Until they recognize that, we will go no where and may as well restart things to save Andlauer some money if we move a few of these 8M deals.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
How is it a slippery slope when people would rather see the guys who are doing better in the allstar game?

Tkachuk doesn't deserve to be in the allstar game from the Sens players, there are 4-5 guys who have earned it more than him through the first third of the season

18Tim StutzleL33727341222002-01-1521Viersen, Germany6.00197
28Claude GirouxR331021311631988-01-1235Hearst, ONT5.11188
19Drake BathersonR331416302801998-04-2725Fort Wayne, IN6.03203
7Brady TkachukL3316112788-41999-09-1623Scottsdale, AZ6.04225
6Jakob ChychrunD337182514-21998-03-3125Boca Raton, FL6.02205

Reactions: DylanSensFan

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I would send Batherson since he missed it when he got injured and is still having a good year.

Otherwise maybe Giroux would like to bring his kids?
Batherson? The one dimensional player that has had a few good weeks scoring in 3 months? It's Giroux based on his reasonably good play and longevity in the league.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I'm not clear on how you see responses to a poll as negativity, or a slippery slope. Are fans supposed to vote for Brady regardless of who they think has had the best season or they favour to represent the team at the all star game? Would it be a slippery slope and negativity towards Giroux or Stü if fans don't vote for them?

I went through some of the replies, none that I saw were negatively directed at Brady, there were a few in the minority that said something to the effect of nobody since the team has struggled, but there's always going to be some of that.

Seems like your manufacturing a negative story out of nothing if I'm being honest.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I'm not clear on how you see responses to a poll as negativity, or a slippery slope. Are fans supposed to vote for Brady regardless of who they think has had the best season or they favour to represent the team at the all star game? Would it be a slippery slope and negativity towards Giroux or Stü if fans don't vote for them?

I went through some of the replies, none that I saw were negatively directed at Brady, there were a few in the minority that said something to the effect of nobody since the team has struggled, but there's always going to be some of that.

Seems like you’re manufacturing a negative story out of nothing if I'm being honest.

Seems like your manufacturing a negative story out of nothing if I'm being honest.
The poll is not the negative… though him being last is where this is going, IMO. Brady has done more than Giroux this season.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013

There's a few here that have a strong penchant to paint Senator fans (Ottawa residents) in a very negative light. It's most curious but things happen for a reason as they say.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Seems like a real slippery slope that TSN is creating amongst our team and our fans. Not even listing team leaders like Chabot as an option? Waiting for the exodus after he submits a trade request.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The poll is not the negative… though him being last is where this is going, IMO. Brady has done more than Giroux this season.
Ok, so you can vote, but different opinions than yours aren't inherently negative.

Out of the group in the poll, Tkachuk is last among fwds in pts, it's not particularly surprising to see him losing the poll based on that alone, casual fans aren't doing a deep dive here.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Is that a serious question? Giroux is definitely worthy to go. Same with Timmy. It's not a slight on Brady and not fans trying to kick him off the team.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I think you've extremely overestimated the importance of what gets said in this space dude
No matter where it’s said it spreads. This is one of the larger groups of hockey fans. I think you’re underestimating it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad