Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Claude Giroux

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Yup this combined with him being an ass-clown tells me Brady will be next…and it might be for the best if we want a proper culture shift. We gave this guy way too much rope far too early, celebrated his immature Shenanigans. I thought he’d become more serious about winning but still have yet to see it. Stutzle seems to also be following his lead which is extremely disappointing
So you want real "leaders" like Chabot , Batherson and Norris to step up? They combined with Timmy are a real problem in that they got their money but none of them play an inspired game. They all were passengers last night and have been most of the season.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
So you want real "leaders" like Chabot , Batherson and Norris to step up? They combined with Timmy are a real problem in that they got their money but none of them play an inspired game. They all were passengers last night and have been most of the season.

Chabot had a decent game against Buffalo. He's a tough guy to read as maybe he's just broken permanently.

It's hard to imagine this team putting any kind of winning streak together as the team seems literally incapable of putting two good performances together in a row.

I remember thinking after the Toronto game, "Well, we're going to shit the bed in the next game, so might as well enjoy it while we can."

I can't remember too many Senators teams where the consistency from game to game was so lacking throughout the entire lineup.

We've had plenty of teams that have played as badly as this team can, but they didn't show the kind of moments of inspired play that makes it so frustrating.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

Seems like they took it being "Brady's team" way too seriously.

Reactions: LiseL

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
I’m not giving any of those individuals a pass either but fair or not Brady wears the ‘C’, it’s always gonna start with him

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
Chabot had a decent game against Buffalo. He's a tough guy to read as maybe he's just broken permanently.

It's hard to imagine this team putting any kind of winning streak together as the team seems literally incapable of putting two good performances together in a row.

I remember thinking after the Toronto game, "Well, we're going to shit the bed in the next game, so might as well enjoy it while we can."

I can't remember too many Senators teams where the consistency from game to game was so lacking throughout the entire lineup.

We've had plenty of teams that have played as badly as this team can, but they didn't show the kind of moments of inspired play that makes it so frustrating.
Is it a conditioning issue? I'm sure it's hard to play 20min a night when you are that young and wasting a lot of energy by not working as a team.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Don’t see anyone requesting a trade but I’d trade Norris first out of everyone in the “core”.

Not sure why Tarasenko is on this list, he’s a one year rental who should be traded at the deadline

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Seems like they took it being "Brady's team" way too seriously.

I’m not giving any of those individuals a pass either but fair or not Brady wears the ‘C’, it’s always gonna start with him
I agree that Brady needs to step up but the problem I see is that no one else, not even Giroux, comes out and says that they are playing like sh*t and need to smarten the F up. And it's not like Brady is a 34 year old Mark Messier where all the other players defer to him. Because if that's the case now they need to ship out a bunch of them because they'll never win.
For example when was the last time Norris, Batherson and Stutzle said anything meaningful?

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I agree that Brady needs to step up but the problem I see is that no one else, not even Giroux, comes out and says that they are playing like sh*t and need to smarten the F up. And it's not like Brady is a 34 year old Mark Messier where all the other players defer to him. Because if that's the case now they need to ship out a bunch of them because they'll never win.
For example when was the last time Norris, Batherson and Stutzle said anything meaningful?

Brady is not a 34 year old Mark Messier true,

but he certainly is doing his best impression of an immature spoiled 14 year old.

and anyway what players say is overrated, it's how they play and act that is most important. and Brady leads this team in bad habits.

it trickles down.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Brady is not a 34 year old Mark Messier true,

but he certainly is doing his best impression of an immature spoiled 14 year old.

and anyway what players say is overrated, it's how they play and act that is most important. and Brady leads this team in bad habits.

it trickles down.
I say BS to that. Brady may not play a smart game but he gives a hell of a lot more effort than virtually all the front line guys. Stutzle Batherson and Norris are all talented players but they make many dumb plays as well and the later two expend little energy.
Brady has nowhere the talent these others have and you notice his mistakes because he can't cover them up with speed like Timmy. But who else on the team other than the fourth line crash the opposition net or finish their checks with regularity. The problem is that no one does other than Brady. And that's an effort problem.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
This is the kind of post that starts destroying a team from the outside in. The kind of thing a troll from another fan base would start.
A few more of these and you have chants at the game and then a forced rebuild.

Think first then post.
I’m not a troll and I think it’s a legit questions. Fans will be fans and will vent about everything and anything and this poll won’t make a bit of difference.

The players are frustrated and at some point someone will want to bail. It happens all the time.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Don’t see anyone requesting a trade but I’d trade Norris first out of everyone in the “core”.

Not sure why Tarasenko is on this list, he’s a one year rental who should be traded at the deadline
He’s got a no-trade clause but could waive it if there’s a chance to play for a contender.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I’m not a troll and I think it’s a legit questions. Fans will be fans and will vent about everything and anything and this poll won’t make a bit of difference.

The players are frustrated and at some point someone will want to bail. It happens all the time.

It may be a legit question but you're not going to find a lot of legit answers, mine included.

We know so little about all of these guys behind closed doors that it's a bit of an exercise in character assassination. ;)

Anyway, I don't mind the discussion because it's a free country, but I don't expect to glean any real insight from what is shared.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
True indeed.

No point worrying about the sky falling when it's already smashed all over the ground. ;)
We went very quickly from "none of our prospects/ufas will sign here" to "now that they've all signed they're all going to demand to leave"

If we win a cup there will be people here telling us why we'll never win another one.

It is the sens fan way. it's exhausting, frankly.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
We went very quickly from "none of our prospects/ufas will sign here" to "now that they've all signed they're all going to demand to leave"

If we win a cup there will be people here telling us why we'll never win another one.

It is the sens fan way. it's exhausting, frankly.

I’ll be happy to deal with the people saying we won’t win another Cup if it means we’re going to win one.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
I say BS to that. Brady may not play a smart game but he gives a hell of a lot more effort than virtually all the front line guys. Stutzle Batherson and Norris are all talented players but they make many dumb plays as well and the later two expend little energy.
Brady has nowhere the talent these others have and you notice his mistakes because he can't cover them up with speed like Timmy. But who else on the team other than the fourth line crash the opposition net or finish their checks with regularity. The problem is that no one does other than Brady. And that's an effort problem.
Just fans looking for a scapegoat. Don't listen to the thin skinned Brady haters. Brady's biggest problem is that he has exceeded expectations and now there are a few posters on here that want even more out of him. And he is a target because he is the Captain. I think the expectation was 50 to 70 points a year and to be a hard physical player that would get under the skin of other teams. He has done that and more! But when the Sens are in a funk there are always going to be the scapegoaters out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joeffice

Joeffice

Mar 11, 2023
Regina
This is the kind of post that starts destroying a team from the outside in. The kind of thing a troll from another fan base would start.
A few more of these and you have chants at the game and then a forced rebuild.

Think first then post.

You're giving us a lot of credit ... heh ...

Anyways, as far as Tkachuk goes, if and when he leaves Ottawa will never have another player like him. A 30-40 goal scorer who fights, hits incredibly hard and legitimately scares other players.

He's the only one I would be completely devastated over losing. And I would be utterly devastated.

Last edited:

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
You're giving us a lot of credit ... heh ...

Anyways, as far as Tkachuk goes, if and when he leaves Ottawa will never have another player like him. A 30-40 goal scorer who fights, hits incredibly hard and legitimately scares other players.

He's the only one I would be completely devastated over losing. And I would be utterly devastated.

It'd be tough, for sure.

But you'd have to remember, since 21/22, 24 teams have amassed more points than us. None of them have a "Brady Tkachuk".

He's not Connor McDavid.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I think the obvious answer is Chychrun.

Not so much a trade request but if he tells the team he doesn't want to extend we'll be forced to trade him. Could be another DeBrincat situation.

If we're talking guys with long-term contracts that would need to actually request a trade to be moved, I'd guess Brady.

He's obviously not been happy with taking a step back this year, and I imagine Big Keith isn't thrilled about 6 seasons with no playoffs.

His brother Matthew escaping small town Canada and immediately putting together an MVP season on route to a SCF appearance in his first season in his home country probably doesn't help in that regard.

Reactions: coladin

Joeffice

Mar 11, 2023
Regina
It'd be tough, for sure.

But you'd have to remember, since 21/22, 24 teams have amassed more points than us. None of them have a "Brady Tkachuk".

He's not Connor McDavid.

Without Brady I think it'd be even worse.
My only point on him is, in my eyes, he is the one to build around.

Team has major, fundamental flaws.
He isn't one of them.

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
Without Brady I think it'd be even worse.
My only point on him is, in my eyes, he is the one to build around.

Team has major, fundamental flaws.
He isn't one of them.

I mean, he's terrible defensively, doesn't seem to care to get better in his end, and can't seem to keep his composure when adversity hits.

He has a ton of strengths, and I have no interest in trading him at this point, but he also does things that are major, fundamental flaws.

Reactions: coladin and LiseL

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Timmy or Sanderson, our two "best" players.

EDIT: Actually, Brady could be inspired by Matthew. I know I'd be really envious if I was in Brady's shoes right now. He's definitely the most likely for that reason.

Joeffice

Mar 11, 2023
Regina
I mean, he's terrible defensively, doesn't seem to care to get better in his end, and can't seem to keep his composure when adversity hits.

He has a ton of strengths, and I have no interest in trading him at this point, but he also does things that are major, fundamental flaws.

That's all fairly accurate. I don't think anybody is particularly good in those areas on the team though. There is an ugly team culture that goes back to years of DJ Smith and his attitude towards letting kids run the team. That's what being a players coach means I guess, a whole brand of coaching that reeks of Sheldon Keefe.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
It’s been 2.5 weeks since DJ was fired. This is a bit overdramatic. I voted tarasenko because he’s only signed for a year and we will probably trade him for a 2nd at the deadline to a contending team.
As Tarasenko has a family with kids I think that he would might not agree to a trade and might prefer to wait until next summer to make his own choice .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad