Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Claude Giroux

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
With the change in coaching and continued struggles on the ice, it’s inevitable that someone’s feelings are going to get hurt or frustration will mount and players will think about greener pastures. Which player will demand or suggest a trade first?

Reactions: Race Dawg

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
It’s been 2.5 weeks since DJ was fired. This is a bit overdramatic. I voted tarasenko because he’s only signed for a year and we will probably trade him for a 2nd at the deadline to a contending team.

Reactions: DrEasy

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It’s been 2.5 weeks since DJ was fired. This is a bit overdramatic. I voted tarasenko because he’s only signed for a year and we will probably trade him for a 2nd at the deadline to a contending team.

I sort of didn’t vote for him because it was too obvious but you’re probably right.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Mr. Undeperformer himself?

Well, he’s likely always going to be behind Stutzle and depending on his PP utilization, his production could suffer.

Tank should be re-signed, Norris should be the first big trade. Not sure who will take him at 8 mill though.

I really like Tank but I wonder when he’s going to fall off that cliff.

It seems imminent somehow.

Reactions: Dionysus and DrEasy

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Well, he’s likely always going to be behind Stutzle and depending on his PP utilization, his production could suffer.

I really like Tank but I wonder when he’s going to fall off that cliff.

It seems imminent somehow.
Yeah, no doubt about that. Max 1 year deal really. There are some interesting UFA options coming but we're a tire fire and I'm not sure how easy it is going to be to attract the better ones.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Yeah, no doubt about that. Max 1 year deal really. There are some interesting UFA options coming but we're a tire fire and I'm not sure how easy it is going to be to attract the better ones.
Bertuzzi has the stench of both the Red Wings and the leafs, but he'd be a good fit on this team for the top 6.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Bertuzzi has the stench of both the Red Wings and the leafs, but he'd be a good fit on this team for the top 6.

I’m not sure he’s physical enough or offensive enough consistently to please the fans.

Ideally he’d be a luxury on the 3rd line IMO.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
This is the kind of post that starts destroying a team from the outside in. The kind of thing a troll from another fan base would start.
A few more of these and you have chants at the game and then a forced rebuild.

Think first then post.

It's just venting.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
This is the kind of post that starts destroying a team from the outside in. The kind of thing a troll from another fan base would start.
A few more of these and you have chants at the game and then a forced rebuild.

Think first then post.
If you had to, which would you kick? A puppy or a kitten. Next thing you know fur babies are flying all over the place! Wooooooof! Meeeeeooooow! Sickening.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
It could happen but no reason to expect it will. If anyone it will be someone jammed up down the depth chart who doesnt have a contract (pinto, greig, etc.). Brann I could imagine too.

I doubt the main core guys with contracts will want to go though.

Just more self flaggelation from the Ottawa chicken little fanbase.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Josh Norris
I am not so sure. I think he's smart enough to know he's an overpaid complimentary player on a bad team. Getting traded to a different team will probably increase expectations and he'll be under the microscope. Imagine your a fan of a team acquiring an 8 mill center. "Whoa," you think, "we somehow managed to snag a young 1C off an incompetent Sens franchise!" And then the games get played. And then you realize you're stuck with a middle 6 sniper who is paid like a cornerstone player. I can't imagine said fans will be too thrilled at that point.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I am not so sure. I think he's smart enough to know he's an overpaid complimentary player on a bad team. Getting traded to a different team will probably increase expectations and he'll be under the microscope. Imagine your a fan of a team acquiring an 8 mill center. "Whoa," you think, "we somehow managed to snag a young 1C off an incompetent Sens franchise!" And then the games get played. And then you realize you're stuck with a middle 6 sniper who is paid like a cornerstone player. I can't imagine said fans will be too thrilled at that point.

I don't know, I think self-delusion is a powerful force.

"Remember when I was playing with Tkachuk and Batherson on the 1st line? Why don't I get my pick of wingers anymore?"

"What? You're taking me off PP1? I have the best shot on the team and I'm the primary scoring option."

Now, he's had a really rough go so it's a bit unfair.

On the one hand, it means I want to see how he does next year with hopefully an injury free rest of the season and off-season. I have seen signs of improvement and more engagement - more possession, more willingness to engage and make plays. Not consistently, but compared with his first stretch of games, definitely better.

On the other hand, it also means that, if he doesn't get any better on a consistent basis, we missed our window where other teams may also believe that he's still recovering.

Worst case, you're looking at another Mike Hoffman only with a worse contract. Best case, he gets his shit together and looks like a much better player under a much more structured team.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
There seem to be a few that are going to take more time to adapt to the new messaging but my assumption is they do eventually and no one is requesting a trade.

Reactions: DrEasy

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
You guys give me so much shit for questioning Bradys leadership.

Yet how funny is it that the captain is the runaway favourite to be the one to abandon ship. 🤣

You can both absolutely deserve the shit you take for questioning Brady’s leadership and people on this board can be reactionary and poor at evaluating the team. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Dionysus

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I get flamed for saying this every time I bring it up, but Tkachuk's NMC activating July 1st 2025 is going to be a choke point for the team.

Which doesn't mean either side is going to ask out, but if 2024-25 is another bottom 5-10 finish, I could see a situation developing organically where he gets traded in the summer of 2025.

It's not going to be him asking out. It's going to be the team looking at things realistically and knowing that he will ask out eventually after facing nearly a decade of a failed rebuild, and that once his NMC kicks in they cannot get a big return for him.

Chychrun is the other player I would be skeptical about. He was very excited to come here, but I think it's possible that he may want to play out the season before re-signing in order to see if this team can put it together. That could force the Senators to explore trading him because of the risk of losing him for nothing if he gets hurt. In 10 NHL seasons, he has only been on a playoff team 1 season. He also signed a contract that ended up being well below his market value. Like most players, he may want to go to a playoff team and also get paid like a #1 defenseman.

Stutzle and Sanderson haven't been here long enough to even think about asking out.

Other than those four, who else even has a real escape plan? Norris and Chabot have huge contracts, both have injury concerns. I don't think it would be easy to move them in a trade that makes any sense.

My prediction is that between the TDL and the upcoming offseason, we trade or move on from Chychrun, Batherson, Joseph, Tarasenko, Brannstrom, Kubalik, and one of Forsberg or Korpisalo. Then we use those assets to add different players to change the group around the core of Tkachuk, Chabot, Norris, Giroux, Stutzle, Sanderson, Pinto, Greig, and Hamonic. Probably veterans who are big and play hard.

The great thing is that if they fix this and the team starts winning next year, none of this stuff will be relevant (except for Chychrun, due to timing). All they have to do is realize the potential of this core and become a playoff team and it becomes a clean slate. That's why this TDL and offseason is so important if they plan to re-tool.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00