Prospect Info: Who is Canucks #1 prospect

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
It is that time of the year where we rank our prospect. With the addition of the 2014 draft player to the prospect pool. The list should be quite interesting from last year

24 hours to vote

Last edited:

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Most ready to play in the NHL being best prospect currently, for me.

Vey
Jensen
Corrado
Horvat
Shinkaruk
Gaunce
Virtanen
McCann
Demko
Cassels
Hutton

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Horvat, but it can be debated. I think him and Shinkaruk could make a spot next season if not this season.

If Shinkaruk comes in we need to get rid of Burrows.

But we have to see who is capable of what cause it sounds like quite a few are ready to step up this season.

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com
my personal top 20 prospect ranking

1 Bo Horvat
2 Jake Virtanen
3 Hunter Shinkaruk
4 Ben Hutton
5 Brendan Gaunce
6 Linden Vey - not really sure where he stands atm
7 Jared McCann
8 Joacim Eriksson
9 Thatcher Demko
10 Nicklas Jensen
11 Frankie Corrado
12 Dane Fox
13 Cole Cassels
14 Evan McEneny
15 Nikita Tryamkin
16 Alexandre Grenier
17 Joseph Labate
18 Jordan Subban
19 Michael Zalewski
20 Henrik Tommernes

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I don't know why people have such odd variations for what is considered the 'top prospect'. Going simply by who is closest to the NHL is terrible.

For me, it's pure value. Who would I pick first in a draft. Then 2nd. Etc.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
As far as potential to be an elite player? You have to go with Virtanen, not just because he's our highest pick in a number of years, but also because he's the only prospect we have that has elite player potential. I don't necessarily expect him to get to that elite status but it's entirely possible with his combination of size, speed, and high-end finishing that he becomes something special.

Horvat is a guaranteed NHLer in my opinion, but his ceiling is lower than Virtanen.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
Horvat, great year of development for him and should contest for a roster spot next season. #3 is really where i see it being interesting.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
As far as potential to be an elite player? You have to go with Virtanen, not just because he's our highest pick in a number of years, but also because he's the only prospect we have that has elite player potential. I don't necessarily expect him to get to that elite status but it's entirely possible with his combination of size, speed, and high-end finishing that he becomes something special.

Horvat is a guaranteed NHLer in my opinion, but his ceiling is lower than Virtanen.

how about Shinkaruk wouldn't he also have elite skills?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad