Who is best F the Rangers have drafted since Alex Kovalev?

HAPPY HOUR

Apr 29, 2005
New York
If I remember the rumor mill correctly from back then, there were rumblings that Gretzky and Messier did not like Marc Savard. Especially Wayne. They both liked Daniel Goneau even less. Reasons given were cocky attitudes and "dressing room", " team player" type stuff.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Many of the Rangers vets didn't like Savard. Kevin Stevens didn't like him very much. He had his issues at the time and still does. Messier was already in Vancouver. Savard was very immature at the time.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Having played 1200 games....I would have to say Eric Boulton.....most guys drafted by us only average about a season just going by what I see in that list....PATHETIC....no damn wonder we have sucked for so long .

EEDAWGZ

Feb 14, 2010
Queens,NY
Many of the Rangers vets didn't like Savard. Kevin Stevens didn't like him very much. He had his issues at the time and still does. Messier was already in Vancouver. Savard was very immature at the time.

Meanwhile , Kevin was smoking crack with prostitutes on road games

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
To be fair, by all accounts Kevin Stevens is a great guy who simply struggles with addiction.

Lemieux called him the night he was arrested. Gretzky loves him. The Pens equipment guy had a breakdown when he heard the story. Rich Pilon, the guy who shattered his face, later became his teammate, apologized to him, and became a close friend. Wasn't even Pilon's fault. He's donated a lot of money to amateur hockey. Just a lot of stories about how likeable Stevens was.

Last edited:

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Christian Dube

Stupid horse meat.

I'm still convinced he could have been a player if the Rangers development program was worth anything at that point in time.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Christian Dube

Stupid horse meat.

I'm still convinced he could have been a player if the Rangers development program was worth anything at that point in time.

Good point right there and agreed. Getting drafted by the Rangers in those years didn't mean too much. Why? They just brought in vet after vet, and players were a wasting in the system.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Having played 1200 games....I would have to say Eric Boulton.....most guys drafted by us only average about a season just going by what I see in that list....PATHETIC....no damn wonder we have sucked for so long .

Divide that by 2 and you'd almost have part of that statement right.

Savard for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad