Who has been our best player?

El_Loco_Avs

Jul 6, 2003
The Netherlands
As much as I can't really blame Varlamov for his bad play this season, there's no way he's been more important than Duchene and Parenteau. Unless you're basing his soft goals being let in as good for the tank...

You know the earlier part of the season where we looked alright and were winning some games? That's when Varly was VERY good.

Right now he's kindof alternating between good and ok. He's not even been bad imo. But we can't get a win anywhere.

Landeskog The Viking

Duchene The Boss
Jul 5, 2007
NS Canada
We're serious about Varly? I know the team stinks and we give up high scoring chances all the time, but he has a .904 save %, the LOWEST of his career, and ranks outside the top 30 in the league in that category. Of course, he is also 0-12 on the road unlike last year where he still stole some games on the road.

Varly is in that touchy subject category with EJ, so I expect flack here, but he is having the worst season of his career so far.

Ya true but this D flat out sucks i've seen obryne in the crease blocking varly to even try and save it and you don't often see a goalie with over 3.00GAA with a plus .900 save%

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
1. Duchene
2. PAP
3. O'Reilly (since he's been back he's been better than everyone else has been all year IMO)

HM:
Varly - He's been good despite the team in front of him, but he's also let in some soft, deflating goals, just hasn't been consistent enough.

Barrie - Been our best Dman all this season, but didn't make it into the top 3 because Sacco is a moron and didn't play him. He certainly deserves to be in the conversation though.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
You know the earlier part of the season where we looked alright and were winning some games? That's when Varly was VERY good.

Right now he's kindof alternating between good and ok. He's not even been bad imo. But we can't get a win anywhere.

He has been BAD sometimes! It is OK to admit it.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
We're serious about Varly? I know the team stinks and we give up high scoring chances all the time, but he has a .904 save %, the LOWEST of his career, and ranks outside the top 30 in the league in that category. Of course, he is also 0-12 on the road unlike last year where he still stole some games on the road.

Varly is in that touchy subject category with EJ, so I expect flack here, but he is having the worst season of his career so far.

Ill have to disagree with you here TPS.

Sacco gives the ROB and Hunwick pairing top minutes for most of the season. On other teams...they barely make the bottom pairing. ROB was -2 in the game we smoke Chicago in.

Im pretty sure a minor league team could get past our defense and get chances on Varly.

I do think there have been moments where he could have been better, but isnt that every goal tender?

OT

1. Duchene
2. PAP
3. TBD...

Dutchy and PAP are far ahead of anyone else on the team....Toss up between Mitchell and Varly for that third spot imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad