Who has been our best player?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
1. Duchene
2. Parenteau
3. O'Reilly

He hasn't been here all year, I don't think it's fair to include him.

Varly would be battling with Duchene for this, but he's fallen back down to earth the last couple weeks. Likely after being burnt out from all the games played and shots faced.

Duchene
PAP
Varly

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
We're serious about Varly? I know the team stinks and we give up high scoring chances all the time, but he has a .904 save %, the LOWEST of his career, and ranks outside the top 30 in the league in that category. Of course, he is also 0-12 on the road unlike last year where he still stole some games on the road.

Varly is in that touchy subject category with EJ, so I expect flack here, but he is having the worst season of his career so far.

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
I gotta go with this as well. ROR has been real good, but he wasn't here all year.

I think its clear that is it between those three. ROR has played well especially for jumping right into things, but he just hasnt been there all year. Again, its another case of hoping that everyone will be healthy and together next year.

BECAUSE IF EVERYONE IS HEALTHY AND TOGETHER WE HAVE A GREAT TEAM RIGHT?? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
We're serious about Varly? I know the team stinks and we give up high scoring chances all the time, but he has a .904 save %, the LOWEST of his career, and ranks outside the top 30 in the league in that category. Of course, he is also 0-12 on the road unlike last year where he still stole some games on the road.

Varly is in that touchy subject category with EJ, so I expect flack here, but he is having the worst season of his career so far.

Its a cop out, but I just dont think you can look at stats this season. I know what your saying though, I mean his gaa is 2.99. That is not good no matter who you are. However we are in last place, a last place team shouldnt be in every game. Varly gives us a chance every game IMO.

R S

Sep 18, 2006

With our defense and coaching, I have no problem saying Varly is one of our MVP's regardless of his save%. The guy probably faces more high quality chances than any other goalie in the league.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

If there was a glorious scoring chances against stat category, I'd bet the Avs would lead the list. I think that's why his save % is lower. They are that bad defensively, and give up way too many quality scoring chances.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

You can't be serious. We have THE WORST defense in NHL. Varlamov was bailing us out most of the nights, but defense still ****ed it up at the end.

1. Duchene/Parenteau
2. O'Reilly/Varlamov

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
You can't be serious. We have THE WORST defense in NHL. Varlamov was bailing us out most of the nights, but defense still ****ed it up at the end.

I'm dead serious. Yes, we suck, I admit that over and over, but he still lets in deflating goals and has not been as good as he was last year. Just my opinion, I know Varly can do no wrong on this forum. Detroit game was a nice example. Team sucked, sure, but Varly **** the bed and gave us no chance of winning. 3 goals and the yank, the usual road performance this year.

He might very well be our 3rd best player of the season, but I think that speaks volumes regarding how terrible we are overall than what Varly has done this season.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I'm dead serious. Yes, we suck, I admit that over and over, but he still lets in deflating goals and has not been as good as he was last year. Just my opinion, I know Varly can do no wrong on this forum. Detroit game was a nice example. Team sucked, sure, but Varly **** the bed and gave us no chance of winning. 3 goals and the yank, the usual road performance this year.

He might very well be our 3rd best player of the season, but I think that speaks volumes regarding how terrible we are overall than what Varly has done this season.

He's been bad last 6-8 games, like the whole team, but at the start of season he was awesome. Bailing us out all the time. Probably all this losing going to his head.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I haven't been as impressed with Varlamov as some here. He's been ok but not as good as he was last half last season. I can't recall if he stolen a single game this year. Perhaps the one point away to Sharks.

Duchene and Parenteau have been the best.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
1. Obyrne
2. Zanon
3. Hunwick

Oh wait, we weren't talking in relation to the tank.... Opps.

1A. PAP
1B. Duchene
3. McCleod

PAP has been the reason for Duchene playing at the level he has IMO. They both compliment each other very well, and PAP has been very good at finding Duchene. I give him the slight advantage because even after the high expectations everyone had, he has still found a way to exceed them.

I put McCleod in as #3 because I don't feel Oreilly has played enough or even good enough to warrant a spot in the top 3. Varly has played well, but he hasn't stolen games enough to warrant Top 3, and he has even looked somewhat shaky at times this year. McCleod has had a very underrated and strong season for him. He's fought a few times, he has scored some goals, became a great PKer for us, and became a leader for this team. Best year of his career.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
1. Obyrne
2. Zanon
3. Hunwick

Oh wait, we weren't talking in relation to the tank.... Opps.

1A. PAP
1B. Duchene
3. McCleod

PAP has been the reason for Duchene playing at the level he has IMO. They both compliment each other very well, and PAP has been very good at finding Duchene. I give him the slight advantage because even after the high expectations everyone had, he has still found a way to exceed them.

I put McCleod in as #3 because I don't feel Oreilly has played enough or even good enough to warrant a spot in the top 3. Varly has played well, but he hasn't stolen games enough to warrant Top 3, and he has even looked somewhat shaky at times this year. McCleod has had a very underrated and strong season for him. He's fought a few times, he has scored some goals, became a great PKer for us, and became a leader for this team. Best year of his career.

That would make for a good poll. Who's been the Avs worst player? It's got to be between those three, and it's a close one between ROB and Zanon. Real close, I can't decide.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
That would make for a good poll. Who's been the Avs worst player? It's got to be between those three, and it's a close one between ROB and Zanon. Real close, I can't decide.

Any one of them has an argument for worst overall.

Or ROR for holding out and putting us behind the 8-ball to begin with.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Any one of them has an argument for worst overall.

"I got this one, guys."

164584562_slide.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad