Speculation: Who goes in Boston to get Mac and Carlo signed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I mean thats all Tim Thomas played, too. Perhaps if your team gave its goalie some rest they could win 4 games in a series.

Leafs got screwed by Sparks, but Dubas has brought in some competition for the back up role.

Still figure elite goalies don’t split the games with their backups though.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Elite goalies play full seasons, not 40 games or so. Rask is on his way down

He actually played 70 games last year. 66 the year before and 71 the year before that. Just because you think hockey ends in April doesn't mean that Tuukka Rask isn't still playing. For some teams the playoffs are longer than one round.
He's two years older than Freddy Andersson. You've got another 5 years or so of lamenting the Raycroft trade.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
He actually played 70 games last year. 66 the year before and 71 the year before that. Just because you think hockey ends in April doesn't mean that Tuukka Rask isn't still playing. For some teams the playoffs are longer than one round.
He's two years older than Freddy Andersson. You've got another 5 years or so of lamenting the Raycroft trade.

I’m betting Rask is going to be out of the league before Matthew’s contract is up

Strangle

May 4, 2009
But Rask will play 50-100 more playoff games in that time-frame.

I’ve said a few times, I think the Bruins might be hard pressed to make the playoffs this year.

It’s going to be competitive and they may be on the outside looking in.

Sounds crazy, but I really think it could shake out that way this year.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I’m thinking

1. Tampa
  2. Toronto
  3. Montreal
  4. Florida/buffalo

Then the other division should be

1. Washington
  2. New Jersey
  3. Rangers
  4. Islanders

Rask is better than Andersen and our defense curb stomps whatever you ice. Not. Even. Close.

This is just wishful thinking and gross hope from a fan of a team who has to call Boston their daddy.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
People thinking Mcavoy will be signed at 6.5 - 7 long-term?

I'd imagine he gets Trouba money at least. ($8m) He's probably already better than Trouba.

Trouba can’t tie McAvoy’s skates, but I doubt McAvoy gets paid as much. Trouba was all about the money and signed for mostly UFA years, McAvoy seems more like a team guy and will be signing for mostly RFA years.

Like I said, team guys. Trouba was all about the money.

Reactions: DrJustice

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Start on page 1. This is how a lot of Leaf fans feel about threads on their players too lol

I never seen your input on this thread till after he signed today at noon. That is usually where ppl give their opinions on the deal. I checked on your 7 contributions since he signed. None to do with Charlie McAvoy. Three alone about Rask, 2 on the Bruins being on the downswing, and the leafs goaltending situation. This should be a done thread now, he signed.

I must say I see this, it seems every year about the Bruins being old and done. They do a much better job with player management and developing depth, something I also heard they never had. I think Mac's deal is great for both parties and the league in general. Unlike another GM running head first into a lock out throwing money around like Oprah.

Last edited:
Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I never seen your input on this thread till after he signed today at noon. That is usually where ppl give their opinions on the deal. I checked on your 7 contributions since he signed. None to do with Charlie McAvoy. Three alone about Rask, 2 on the Bruins being on the downswing, and the leafs goaltending situation.

I must say I see this, it seems every year about the Bruins being old and done. They do a much better job with player management and developing depth, something I also heard they never had. I think Mac's deal is great for both parties and the league in general. Unlike another GM running head first into a lock out throwing money around like Oprah.

Look at my first post in this thread

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I’m thinking

1. Tampa
  2. Toronto
  3. Montreal
  4. Florida/buffalo

1. Washington
  2. New Jersey
  3. Rangers
  4. Islanders
Lol you expect the Bruins to finish 6th in our division? Is that because we made it to the cup final and will be fatigued? Because other than that we have essentially the exact same roster. Everyone is older which means Charlie and Brandon are as well. What are now our top two d are ready for that next level. Marshy, pasta and Bergie will remain one of if not the best line in the NHL again. DeBrusk has another year under his belt to also take that next step alongside Krejci. I would say us Bruins fans are quite happy with where we’re at. Oh and Rask who would have won the conn Smythe had we won game 7 is someone we are all happy to get behind.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
I’m thinking

1. Tampa
  2. Toronto
  3. Montreal
  4. Florida/buffalo

1. Washington
  2. New Jersey
  3. Rangers
  4. Islanders

Go ahead and tell me even a single thing that Buffalo does better than Boston. Your bias is showing.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Look at my first post in this thread

Mine by the way was on page 2, which I thought stopped the speculation that Backes was going on LTIR - post # 50 Sept 4th but ppl ignored it for the next few pages and kept saying he was going be hurt all year.

Your first post, okay but it is not helping, which is like giving OJ the glove to put on after he stopped taking his arthritis medication.

Unless I missed one, is this not it at Noon today - Post # 173 - "Elite goalies play full seasons, not 40 games or so. Rask is on his way down"

Yeah that was a side tracking debate by a few, I am sure there is a Atlantic prediction thread better suited to that. Anyways now that he signed, this thread speculation is dead in the water and should be closed.

Let's move on, shall we.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I’ve said a few times, I think the Bruins might be hard pressed to make the playoffs this year.

It’s going to be competitive and they may be on the outside looking in.

Sounds crazy, but I really think it could shake out that way this year.

Maybe - but I doubt it. Sounds a bit like wish-fulfillment. Bruins and Lightning, possibly Caps, will be the class of The East again next year
It's pretty much the same team that despite being shattered by injuries for half the season finished second in the league and then went to the Finals. There's just a tonne of talent on that team and outside of finding an upgrade second line RW there's not really a hole on that roster. If you want to point to a weakness, by all means, but them and Tampa are the two best constructed teams in The East.
not sure what's competitive in the division. Pencil in Tampa and Boston as 1 and 2 - and then Toronto, Montreal and Florida battle for 3-5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad