Speculation: Who Goes First/Speculation/Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BroadwayHustle

Feb 27, 2012
Don't like either Schenn.

Luke is a pylon.

Never got the Brayden hype, I just don't see what he can do at the NHL level consistently, like what is his strength that justifies his hype?

Would only move Del Zotto to Philly for Couturier. Maybe Simmonds, but I don't think Simmonds is the player the Rangers need. Maybe even Voracek, but I don't know how I feel about the Flyers players because basically I hate all of them because they are the Flyers so its hard to be unbiased.

Wait you talk about the Brayden Schenn hype and then want Couturier who has been hyped just as much?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Luke Schenn is a healthy scratch tonight. Philadelphia is willingly putting Hal Gill in instead.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Wait you talk about the Brayden Schenn hype and then want Couturier who has been hyped just as much?

Couturier you know what his role is. He is a defensive center who can skate and has offensive touch. Boyle is a free agent who is unlikely to be resigned and Couturier would be a team controlled, cheaper, upgrade. Also Couturier I like as a change of scenery guy. Philly hates him because he is not Joe Thornton. He could come here with a fresh start and effectively play his game with lower expectations.

I have no idea what Brayden Schenn's role is whatsoever. If I was trading Del Zotto for someone on Philly it would probably be for Voracek. Legit top six winger and RH shot at point on power play. Would fill a role.

Last edited:

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
If they trade MDZ, who has some value, I hope its for a forward.

Each game, John Moore is making MDZ expendable.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Couturier you know what his role is. He is a defensive center who can skate and has offensive touch. Boyle is a free agent who is unlikely to be resigned and Couturier would be a team controlled, cheaper, upgrade. Also Couturier I like as a change of scenery guy. Philly hates him because he is not Joe Thornton. He could come here with a fresh start and effectively play his game with lower expectations.

I have no idea what Brayden Schenn's role is whatsoever. If I was trading Del Zotto for someone on Philly it would probably be for Voracek. Legit top six winger and RH shot at point on power play. Would fill a role.

Voracek is left handed. Good player though.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Luke Schenn is horrible. Maybe going to a team like Rangers could work for him. We tend to turn subpar D-man into somethings.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Luke Schenn is horrible. Maybe going to a team like Rangers could work for him. We tend to turn subpar D-man into somethings.

Schenn is Mike Komisarek, Toronto edition version 2.0

Don't know why anyone would want him, let alone give up an asset for him.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Luke Schenn is the complete opposite of an offensive threat on the blueline. If anything, he can grind down the opposition in is own end, but for those who are disappointed by MDZ, I can only say don't think for a second that Luke Schenn will put a smile on your face. Luke Schenn would become a primo whipping boy here.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I'd only want Schenn for a bag of pucks. Schenn was a top-10 pick. Maybe there is something to there to work with.

Hilarious that Holmgren gave up JVR for basically peanuts.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Av will realize when Nash, Cally and Moore are back Pyatt needs to be a spare. Miller down for more playing time tio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad