Who gets the final playoff spot in the North?

Who gets the final playoff spot in the North?

• Total voters

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Last edited:

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
People need to stop using that as an example. That happened like once in the history of the NHL? It's less likely than coming back 0-3 in a series and everyone writes off a team once they're down 0-3.

Vancouver and Ottawa are out. Zero chance. Especially in this set up where every point stays in the division.

Vancouver needs to go 20-8-4 to even have a 50% chance of making it.

Vancouver Canucks Playoff Chances - Sports Club Stats

What makes this year especially hard is every game is a 4 point game. OT games are killer when you're playing from behind. How do you catch up when the 2 teams ahead of you both snag points. Every game is massive.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
People need to stop using that as an example. That happened like once in the history of the NHL? It's less likely than coming back 0-3 in a series and everyone writes off a team once they're down 0-3.

Vancouver and Ottawa are out. Zero chance. Especially in this set up where every point stays in the division.

Vancouver needs to go 20-8-4 to even have a 50% chance of making it.

Vancouver Canucks Playoff Chances - Sports Club Stats

2014-15 Ottawa Senators Schedule | ESPN

I'm not saying I expect or even want the Sens to make the playoffs but just pointing that out. I think their defense is just not good enough for that but there's similarities with that season (Stone, Hoffman, Pageau coming out party to name a few)

They finished the season 21-3-3 so everything is possible.

Basically, just wanted to answer "no" to "That happened like once in the history of the NHL?"

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad