Who gets the final playoff spot in the North?

Who gets the final playoff spot in the North?

• Total voters

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Our new coach seems to be just as much full of shit, so I’m picking Calgary.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
It's been 1 game you aren't giving him much of a chance
He rewarded our worst players with the most ice time and given them the best line mates in his first game. He decided to not make any changes for his second game. Unless he steps up and fast, I’ll have zero faith in him. He has seen these exact players do absolutely nothing all season long (he was part of the coaching staff). It’s just absolutely pathetic.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Yeah, this is way too early of a poll to happen. Someone like McDavid or Schiefele get hurt and the Oilers/Jets likely fall out. A few weeks ago the Habs were considered locks. Something similar could happen to those teams as well. You also can't count out the bottom teams either

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Yeah, this is way too early of a poll to happen. Someone like McDavid or Schiefele get hurt and the Oilers/Jets likely fall out. A few weeks ago the Habs were considered locks. Something similar could happen to those teams as well. You also can't count out the bottom teams either

I can, and am counting out Ottawa and Vancouver because it's clear they aren't good enough

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
You highly doubt that a team who is known to be knocked out in the 1st round won't be knocked out in the 1st round? o_O

That settles it then. They shouldn't bother even playing the postseason if they are going to lose for sure lol

I am just being silly :p

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
Yeah I think the Leafs are the best overall team in the North and I think they break through
I see the Leafs going far this year. Very deep all around. They got the right pieces and what a story that would be for Joe Thornton!

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Until this Leafs core actually win a PO series how do you know? As A Jets fan I think the Leafs are the best team in the North but until this current core actually win a POs series I have no idea if they can win?

Put yourself in a Leaf fans shoes, if you were a Leaf fan who would you fear in the Canadian division? Montreal? They don't have the game breaking talent, Toffoli and Anderson are nicd pieces but there is no Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Tavares, Rielly in Montreal the talent isn't the same.

Is it Edmonton? They are 3 forwards, truthfully they are 2 forwards but I like RNH so I'm including him, they might have the best player in the world but that is not a deep team beyond the top 3 forwards.

You know who it is? It's Winnipeg they are the closest team to matching Toronto up front, they have an elite goalie but the defense is incredibly thin, Dylan Demelo and Tucker Poolman is notgoing to get it done.

Reactions: libertarian

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Put yourself in a Leaf fans shoes, if you were a Leaf fan who would you fear in the Canadian division? Montreal? They don't have the game breaking talent, Toffoli and Anderson are nicd pieces but there is no Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Tavares, Rielly in Montreal the talent isn't the same.

Is it Edmonton? They are 3 forwards, truthfully they are 2 forwards but I like RNH so I'm including him, they might have the best player in the world but that is not a deep team beyond the top 3 forwards.

You know who it is? It's Winnipeg they are the closest team to matching Toronto up front, they have an elite goalie but the defense is incredibly thin, Dylan Demelo and Tucker Poolman is going to get it done.

I'm a Jet fan but I agree with you. Maybe I'm a homer but I think the Jets are the only team that can take out the Leafs in the PO's. Tonight the Jets were flat and terrible yet they won the game because of Helle. If Helle plays at his best the Jets are a force to reckoned with. That said if the Jets don't start playing some good team defence and help out their goalies I don't see anyone beating the Leafs. This season the Jets never play well when the score is tied or they are leading. Put them down 2 goals and they are giant killers. 6 or 7 of their wins this year is after they were down 2 goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad