Proposal: Who gets moved?

Which Blackhawk(s) do you expect to be moved by the NHL trade deadline?

• Patrick Kane pending UFA

Votes: 35 54.7%
  • Jonathan Toews pending UFA

Votes: 38 59.4%
  • Max Domi pending UFA

Votes: 35 54.7%
  • Andreas Athanasiou pending UFA

Votes: 25 39.1%
  • Jack Johnson pending UFA

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Alex Stalock pending UFA

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Jarred Tinordi pending UFA

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Jujhar Khaira pending UFA

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Philipp Kurashev pending RFA

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Caleb Jones pending RFA

• Ian Mitchell pending RFA

• Jason Dickinson

• Tyler Johnson

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Sam Lafferty

Votes: 41 64.1%
  • Colin Blackwell

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Taylor Raddysh

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Mackenzie Entwistle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reese Johnson

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Boris Katchouk

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Seth Jones

• Jake McCabe

Votes: 48 75.0%
  • Connor Murphy

• Petr Mrazek

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Ice Hogs

• Total voters

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Why not, if it's a 3rd min? Hes a 4th liner and his contract is meaningless to the Hawks. He isnt going to dramatically become a top 9 player.

He’s a great bottom 6 player, if you can sign him long term 3-4 years at 1.5M per he’s a steal and will be great in a successful team, he can possibly pop in 15 with the right guys around him on the 3rd line, I think he’s solid defensively as well. I don’t care about a 3rd, he can be a good part of a winning team.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He’s a great bottom 6 player, if you can sign him long term 3-4 years at 1.5M per he’s a steal and will be great in a successful team, he can possibly pop in 15 with the right guys around him on the 3rd line, I think he’s solid defensively as well. I don’t care about a 3rd, he can be a good part of a winning team.
We won't be winning for 4-5 years more than likely. His decent years will be wasted on a crap team.

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
I could see Lafferty being packaged with somebody, cheap depth option for the rest of this year and next to go along with a main piece of the trade.
I agree with this, especially after Kyle Dubai’s press conference yesterday. Dubas said he is looking to add at forward and defense but is not willing to add valuable assets for rentals.

I really see a McCabe (retained) and Lafferty package going to Toronto for a 1st and prospect; Moldenhauer perhaps; or a second conditional pick. I could also see Stalock being added if he can get back and showing he is healthy. Leafs might need some goalie depth with Murray’s ankle acting up again.

Reactions: CanadianHawks

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
So the Hawks just forfeit the rest of the season then? Because what you want to happen would leave them unable to field a roster.
They can take back players on expiring contracts for the remainder of this season, as a matter of fact it will be a missed opportunity if they don’t. The Hawks are one of a few teams with cap space, they need to weaponize and acquire additional assets.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
With NYR now gone from the Kane landing spot bidding war (after trading for Tarasenko) it leaves Vegas,L.A,NJ,and BOSTON in the remaining mix..

Rumors that Lysell is part of the asking price are out there...but Boston writers thinking Sweeney going to get Kane in a "heist"...so hard to imagine they give up a 1st and Lysell for a mere rental...Maybe Lysell and a future 2nd...but Chicago going to have to retain50% and also eitger 3rdceam involved or Hawks take back DeBrrusk LTIR contract ...Bruinsvonly have a bit over $1million deadkibe cap space.

Have to check on Vegas and L.A andNJ situations regarding picks,prosoects and cap space. and whetger 3rd teams need to be involved...but ifc3rdcteamsvinvokvedvit looks complicated to move hom if hevdecides to go ..

Atrusai

Oct 9, 2017
I agree with this, especially after Kyle Dubai’s press conference yesterday. Dubas said he is looking to add at forward and defense but is not willing to add valuable assets for rentals.

I really see a McCabe (retained) and Lafferty package going to Toronto for a 1st and prospect; Moldenhauer perhaps; or a second conditional pick. I could also see Stalock being added if he can get back and showing he is healthy. Leafs might need some goalie depth with Murray’s ankle acting up again.

All I know of McCabe is that beautiful open-ice hit on Laine.

Does he crush guys regularly? Sticks up for teammates?

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006

He does that AND more. He likes to put his body in front of rubber, skates in an "energy efficient" manner which some consider "slow". Best of all, he is solid on his skates, as he rarely moves his feet too quickly. Be sure to tell Mr. Dubas, please and thank you.

• Haha
Reactions: Atrusai

Atrusai

Oct 9, 2017
He does that AND more. He likes to put his body in front of rubber, skates in an "energy efficient" manner which some consider "slow". Best of all, he is solid on his skates, as he rarely moves his feet too quickly. Be sure to tell Mr. Dubas, please and thank you.

Eddie, you wouldn't be lying to me, would you? I'm only an intern, I don't want to give Dooby some bad advice.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown

Definitely a good team guy who sticks up for teammates. Not afraid to play physical but I wouldn’t say he “crushes” guys on the regular.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Lol if Kane signs that low he is giving a huge discount.

On the free market Kane would easily get 8 million+ for multi years

Declining production, potential injury issue, age, flat cap, no teams with cap space, likely wants to go to a playoff team/contender. Yeah, I don't see him getting 8M+ over multiple years.

Reactions: Putt Pirate

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
Declining production, potential injury issue, age, flat cap, no teams with cap space, likely wants to go to a playoff team/contender. Yeah, I don't see him getting 8M+ over multiple years.
I have a feeling if he gets off season surgery he might have to sign a one year prove it deal.

Like Seabrook, there is no guarantee the hip will improve after surgery.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I would rather get less for Murphy and keep McCabe ....that's what I'm hoping for anyway.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I have a feeling if he gets off season surgery he might have to sign a one year prove it deal.

Like Seabrook, there is no guarantee the hip will improve after surgery.
Then he will be 35/6 yo. Nobody is going to give him multi years at $8mm. If we do a 1year $8mm/no NMC so we can flip him next year then I am fine with that.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I would rather get less for Murphy and keep McCabe ....that's what I'm hoping for anyway.

Both should be gone

We can bring in short term vets on D either via cap dumps (Zaitsev) or 1-2 year deals as FA's to play with kids

McCabe value may never be higher and we should remember when Hawks held onto Murphy and blew trading him when his value had peaked

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
The way they've dicked Mitchell around this year is inexcusable. If they don't think he's great he should be playing to help us tank. If they think he's not ready still roll him out and let him learn on the fly or on the a. Having him in the stands is dumb.
I would try like hell to get rid of Seth Jones. His contract is only going to get worse. I'd eat 2 mil a year to ship him off. Caleb Jones is only on the lineup for us to lose. Same with Jack Johnson. We should have sheltered him more so he has trade value.
I'd shut Kane down for surgery and resign him. Trade anybody else that has value. Pray for Bedard or one of the top picks. Spent smart next year and try to be competitive and mean. This year I knew we would suck. Wish we had more toughness, give us something to cheer about. Having a couple enforcers over entwistle katchouck blackwell would ensure no liberties taken, and entertaining while sucking. At least be hard to play against.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
The way they've dicked Mitchell around this year is inexcusable. If they don't think he's great he should be playing to help us tank. If they think he's not ready still roll him out and let him learn on the fly or on the a. Having him in the stands is dumb.
I would try like hell to get rid of Seth Jones. His contract is only going to get worse. I'd eat 2 mil a year to ship him off. Caleb Jones is only on the lineup for us to lose. Same with Jack Johnson. We should have sheltered him more so he has trade value.
I'd shut Kane down for surgery and resign him. Trade anybody else that has value. Pray for Bedard or one of the top picks. Spent smart next year and try to be competitive and mean. This year I knew we would suck. Wish we had more toughness, give us something to cheer about. Having a couple enforcers over entwistle katchouck blackwell would ensure no liberties taken, and entertaining while sucking. At least be hard to play against.
I'm extremely pleased you're not in charge.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
agree with: mitchell should be playing more Jack johnson should be playing less but one is LD and 1 is RD.
you cannot retain on a contract for 7 years. And seth is our best player at this point and for at least the next 2 you have tons of cap space. I would not shut kane down at this point unless he requests it. he (other then last night ) was playing better. I also would not extend him at this point. let him test the market and if it makes sense in the off season to bring him back do it then. to much can happen between now and then. I think the market will show his value is not as high as his agent thinks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad