Proposal: Who gets moved?

Which Blackhawk(s) do you expect to be moved by the NHL trade deadline?

• Patrick Kane pending UFA

Votes: 35 54.7%
  • Jonathan Toews pending UFA

Votes: 38 59.4%
  • Max Domi pending UFA

Votes: 35 54.7%
  • Andreas Athanasiou pending UFA

Votes: 25 39.1%
  • Jack Johnson pending UFA

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Alex Stalock pending UFA

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Jarred Tinordi pending UFA

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Jujhar Khaira pending UFA

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Philipp Kurashev pending RFA

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Caleb Jones pending RFA

• Ian Mitchell pending RFA

• Jason Dickinson

• Tyler Johnson

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Sam Lafferty

Votes: 41 64.1%
  • Colin Blackwell

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Taylor Raddysh

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Mackenzie Entwistle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reese Johnson

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Boris Katchouk

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Seth Jones

• Jake McCabe

Votes: 48 75.0%
  • Connor Murphy

• Petr Mrazek

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Ice Hogs

• Total voters

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020

Attachments

• CEF54035-4ACE-4116-8D09-BD5523FC84FF.png
    CEF54035-4ACE-4116-8D09-BD5523FC84FF.png
    221.1 KB · Views: 2

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Kane, Toews, McCabe, Domi and Lafferty.
For 2 1st's, 2 2nd's and 2 3'rds ... at least that is my most optimistic hope.

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
I voted sentimentally and could not pull the trigger and vote for Toews or Kane. I think Kane's injury may diminish his trade value so he may not be moved. I vote for Domi, AA, and Mitchell.

there are many that may be moved like McCabe and Murphy but I voted most likely to be moved IMO plus Mitchell.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Kane or Toews... not both (I'll bet Toews), McCabe, Lafferty, Mitchell, Athanasiou, Domi (although I'm back and forth on Domi being traded and Domi staying and resigning).

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I honestly want to see both Toews and Kane go. They have given so much to the organization, and have been here through lean years, amazing years, and lean years again. They deserve to go chase it again.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
I honestly want to see both Toews and Kane go. They have given so much to the organization, and have been here through lean years, amazing years, and lean years again. They deserve to go chase it again.
I want to see them go too... but 19-illness and low value... so I think he retires a Hawk
88/ injured and low returns... does he want to get that "procedure" (assume hip)- and risk being same or worse + all the down time???

I think they both stay

M & M + ( Mitchell) - one to all of these guys move especially if there are some D injuries in near future PO teams

Lafferty- probably gets best return out of forwards

OTC

Jul 11, 2018
Kane or Toews... not both (I'll bet Toews), McCabe, Lafferty, Mitchell, Athanasiou, Domi (although I'm back and forth on Domi being traded and Domi staying and resigning).
If Toews and Kane are gone, I would keep Domi and Lafferty. You know what your getting with those two and you need some team leadership/seniority, Domi could be that guy.

Reactions: giza

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So sure tge mysterious re-curtingvillnesses Tiews keeps on getting (3rd tome now) complicate a deal for any team that wanted him...They wiukd offer so little back=1 3rd rounder and a 6th orc7th rounder that Hawks management woukd be crucified for getting such a pittance back.. However..IF Tiews asks to stay and extend then at what orientation?IF hexwants too much then Hawks take even a lousy return to dump him..IF he offers to stay for 1 more season then decides after the extention season to either retire or to fully commit to another team ,Then if the price he woukd d take for staying 1 more season =a 50 points replaceable comparable, an extention is possible...if he wants $million +,
then sayonara...

As for Kane,again his lingering hip/knee problem
Coukd dampen enthusiasm of contender teams to trade for him...plus may need 3rd team involved to retain cap ...ie. Hawks retain 59%...othercteam retains 25% and acquiring team gets him for just 25% of his cap hit...Ordinarily retain that much cap and it costs at least a first and a 3rd back ...but if Kane has injury then deal might be 2nd (to Hawks)and a 3rd (3rd from team getting Kane which goes to 3rd team taking 25% retention) Plus Hawks need to add a 6th ir 7th to that 3rd team.
So would Hawks deal Kane + a 6th or 7th, to get back only a late 2nd rounder only?

Probably not...so maybe hestays on a 1 yr extention at a reduced price ...@$5million?If healthy he has a good season under thec1 yr wxtention,then he can maybe squeeze out more in the next extention from the Haws or if signed by another team THEN?

Gives him time to see if Hawks land Bedard or not in the lotto.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Toews also confirms he’ll wait until close to the deadline to make a decision. While I’m sick of the dance at the this point, it probably doesn’t make a difference since any interested teams can’t afford him until the deadline regardless.

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
Toews also confirms he’ll wait until close to the deadline to make a decision. While I’m sick of the dance at the this point, it probably doesn’t make a difference since any interested teams can’t afford him until the deadline regardless.
That’s all this is. Kane and Toews are playing the game to not make it any more awkward for the next month. They can’t go until the day of or a couple days before for most of these teams with the cap.

Only way one isn’t traded is if Kane injury forces him to shut it down. With the way Toews has talked about this rebuild, it’s hard to imagine he’s actually thinking of sticking it out.

Otto31

Nov 24, 2013
For whatever reason now I feel like 19 and 88 will stay. Just a weird feeling

Yep, it's quite possible, the uncertainty regarding Toews's health condition might be an obstacle. Is he capable to handle a playoff game? I don't think so, even if his ice time is brutally reduced would he make a good impact? And now this possible Kane's lower body injury nagging him has potential to cause some concerns about his longevity and condition to play high level hockey the rest of the season.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
The ideal scenario is both Toews and Kaner are traded for a good haul ( at least as good as we can get given the circumstances ) and then both come back to finish off with a 3 year team friendly deal ( same rate for each given that's just the way it has been for them and why change now ).

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
For whatever reason now I feel like 19 and 88 will stay. Just a weird feeling

Well this is what happens when ya can't trade them. They finish the year on the same team.

Both will most likely be UFA's in the summer so I don't see them staying very long.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
The ideal scenario is both Toews and Kaner are traded for a good haul ( at least as good as we can get given the circumstances ) and then both come back to finish off with a 3 year team friendly deal ( same rate for each given that's just the way it has been for them and why change now ).

I don't think there's any chance they get the same amount. I could see Kane getting 3 years at 6.5M and Toews maybe 2 years at 3.5M.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $8,851.00