Proposal: Who gets moved?

Which Blackhawk(s) do you expect to be moved by the NHL trade deadline?

• Patrick Kane pending UFA

Votes: 35 54.7%
  • Jonathan Toews pending UFA

Votes: 38 59.4%
  • Max Domi pending UFA

Votes: 35 54.7%
  • Andreas Athanasiou pending UFA

Votes: 25 39.1%
  • Jack Johnson pending UFA

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Alex Stalock pending UFA

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Jarred Tinordi pending UFA

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Jujhar Khaira pending UFA

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Philipp Kurashev pending RFA

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Caleb Jones pending RFA

• Ian Mitchell pending RFA

• Jason Dickinson

• Tyler Johnson

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Sam Lafferty

Votes: 41 64.1%
  • Colin Blackwell

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Taylor Raddysh

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Mackenzie Entwistle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reese Johnson

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Boris Katchouk

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Seth Jones

• Jake McCabe

Votes: 48 75.0%
  • Connor Murphy

• Petr Mrazek

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Ice Hogs

• Total voters

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
I don’t mind if both Kane and Toews aren’t moved. I celebrated 3 cups. They can do whatever they want.
HOWEVER
I don’t really want Toews back and would be fine if Kane went as well.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
If I had to choose which come from Kane and Toews, if choice was from october to december I would choose Toews. He appears to be closer to what we are trying to built. Hard work, fast game, and responsible defence.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I don't think either player should come back. Kane and his lackadaisical effort is not something you want the younger guys who look up to him, to emulate. Toews doesn't really have the attitude to be a leader on a rebuilding team, imo.

Reactions: Pertti

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
No...timecti clear tge decks...do nktcwantveitger back...Try to get what we can for them..

If Toews still sick by a few games before TDL no team will risk on a medical problem. He needs to show he is able to be in tgebkineup.
Kane had been brutal...whether you blame his state of mind about his situation or blame the hip problem...either way he is notvoerformong to normal expectation..Sire not pkayong with talent
.butcstill ge does nit pass my eyectestcascto shot generation and scoribgvgoals himself or to directing scoring chances via hjs vision and passing game..his skating has skiwed(hip?)...his reaction times and puck handling mastery look way off prior levels of ability...hecalwaysxwss a did in the checking ddpt..but Now with the offensive specialness gone ,it re-enforces just how bad his effort is defending ..Sure...occasionally he makes back-check that works to stymie a scoring chance by the ops ...but these are rare instances...most ofvthe time hevis just cruising up high and nit histkibgvti check anyone.

If hevcannit mitigate bad defending by superior offensive contribution he is now useless...Turned onto Just Anotger Guy...

You do not wantvto trade for this version of Kane if you are a GM of a contender.

In any case.. it usctime to let Toews and Kane go..

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Kane and Toews have basically earned whatever they want from the franchise. That being said, it doesn't seem like they're at all enthralled with the new management, and it's not like they have any reason to be loyal or feel like they owe anything to Davidson.

I'm hoping for hauls at the deadline, but I don't expect them to waive to teams that they don't want to play for, and truth be told I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to be the masters of their own future and only make one move in the offseason than one now and another later.

Reactions: Giovi

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Kane and Toews have basically earned whatever they want from the franchise. That being said, it doesn't seem like they're at all enthralled with the new management, and it's not like they have any reason to be loyal or feel like they owe anything to Davidson.

I'm hoping for hauls at the deadline, but I don't expect them to waive to teams that they don't want to play for, and truth be told I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to be the masters of their own future and only make one move in the offseason than one now and another later.
That is where I have my expectations set at. Not sure a late 1st would be some world beater prospect anyhow. So it is what it is. Rather they not be here so there is no help in the Hawks winning to be honest.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Between Kane's play and his pickiness, he's really limited what Chicago can expect.
Toews looked like he was rebuilding his value...but then he nosedived.

So it's up to secondary value and beyond...
Domi. Athanasiou. Lafferty.

McCabe is probably the best bet.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig