Who gets fired/shipped first?

Who's fired/traded first?

• Total voters

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Lol why is Kadri involved? Now that Nylander has been playing great, people gotta find another forward to pick on?

Crossing my fingers its Zaitsev, but Marleau would be a nice treat too.
Marleau going would be a God send. His cap is 3x his contributions

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The choice has been made to keep Matthews/JT/Marner/Nylander.

You can’t keep every single forward and not address the D. Especially if you are losing Gardiner and Hainsey to UFA.
If Marleau can’t be moved, you have another big problem for a year.

Obviously you will start with Brown and work your way up but we must improve defense and get better in our own zone. It’s imperative.

So you want to keep your first tier of favourites to drive the bus, it’s going to cost you the 2nd tier.

I like Brown but to me he's not 2nd tire he's 3rd or 4th.

2nd tire to me is Kapanen, Johnsson, Dermott, Kadri Muzzin

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
If Leafs don’t beat Boston in the first Shanahan should be fired. That would make it 5 years without a playoff with Shanahan as president. Not acceptable.

It’s embarrassing that his seat isn’t hot, and it just goes to show he is a great politician. He has many fooled.

View attachment 201119
3 of those years being a rebuild and we still have an incredibly young team going through growing pains. Did you really expect a team with 3 of it's best players being 22 and under to be dominating teams like Boston, Washington and Tampa in the playoffs the last few years?

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
yes I live in windsor too
I heard him to called SPARKY
referred to legendary sparky Anderson
loyal to veterans and stubborn till the game passed him by
Same with Jim Leyland. All coaches making a living off their past reputations.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Nylander is more than worth his contract, and Kadri has been basically the same 5v5 player as last year, except better defensively. His PP effectiveness has gone down, that's for sure.
he isn't overpaid lol

Reactions: Morgs

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
If Leafs don’t beat Boston in the first Shanahan should be fired. That would make it 5 years without a playoff with Shanahan as president. Not acceptable.

It’s embarrassing that his seat isn’t hot, and it just goes to show he is a great politician. He has many fooled.

View attachment 201119

FWIW. I remember Chelios made a comment along those lines about Shanny. FWIW.

AllHeartNoSkill

Nov 23, 2008
FWIW. I remember Chelios made a comment along those lines about Shanny. FWIW.

I remember that too.

Finally convincing ownership to go with an full tear down and rebuild was probably the best thing to happen to the Leafs in a long time. He deserves credit for that, it’s what we all wanted. The club overall is light years ahead of where it was when he got here.

That said, I don’t have much patience for treading water. If we go out in the first round again, that’ll be 2 straight years without meaningful improvement. Management will have to do something.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I like Brown but to me he's not 2nd tire he's 3rd or 4th.

2nd tire to me is Kapanen, Johnsson, Dermott, Kadri Muzzin
Pretty much and you will start with Brown but need to move into that tier.
Especially if you are trading for a D we badly need.

Forget about Brown,Hyman,Moore,and some of the 2nd tier.
Matthews/JT/Nylander/Marner need to carry us a la Crosby/Malkin/Kessel through the playoffs.

The D needs to be solid enough to have their backs. That’s how the dollars are allocated.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Lest we forget how bad we were before the likes of Shannahan and Babcock came...or is it some of you stopped being Leaf fans until we became good again, and now with us struggling lately, look to fire the very same people who brought this team out of the dumpster...

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Kind of hard to know the order.

I think Zaitsev and Brown are gone this summer, no matter what. Pains me to say it, but I do hope that includes Marleau as well. I also think that if we go out in the first round again, I think Babcock and his crew is gone as well. It's not all on him, but at some point you have to see if someone else can bring out this roster's full potential. I think Dubas has at least a couple of years, even if things don't go our way. He'll be judged more by his moves than anything, and Tavares signing to start things off means a lot there.

Kadri is going nowhere, at least not until his contract is up.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
he isn't overpaid lol
That's your opinion. I respect it.

My opinion has him being paid as a 30 goal scorer, and yet, he's not even close to it now, if protracted to a full season. I won't be happy till he scores at the rate and consistency of Pastrnak.

JMHO.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
The choice has been made to keep Matthews/JT/Marner/Nylander.

You can’t keep every single forward and not address the D. Especially if you are losing Gardiner and Hainsey to UFA.
If Marleau can’t be moved, you have another big problem for a year.

Obviously you will start with Brown and work your way up but we must improve defense and get better in our own zone. It’s imperative.

So you want to keep your first tier of favourites to drive the bus, it’s going to cost you the 2nd tier.
the current Leaf GM seems to think so, wonder if he would retract that "our D's beeter than people think" quote he spewed earlier this year, and that was before he acquired Muzzin?

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Assistant coaches are gone, Zaitsev + Brown are gone and im sure Dubas will tell Babcock to change his system to fit the roster more.

Dubas needs to trade one of your forwards (Nylander) for some defensive depth. It is on him. Shannahan will quickly fire Dubas if he doesn't shape up your team. Currently when two of your defenders go down, your team starts to look like thinly sliced Swiss cheese. This has nothing to do with Babcock's system. Babcock is about 200feet defense leads to offense, like Trotts. If you watched the Capitals last season, they stifled other teams into making mistakes and then turned it into offense. Over the last few games it seems like the Leafs are run and gun, which is not conducive to a long playoff run.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
This thread is so lol overreaction.

Couple of years ago we were one every of the worst teams in the league.

Now we’re 5th overall, tied with the defending champs with 10 games to go in the regular season, and because of a few bad games we’re talking about wholesale changes.

Just lol.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I live in Windsor /Essex where there's lots of Wings fans. I have heard the same. Babs is a coach, like Harbaugh, that players can only stomach for a limited time.
I disagree with this as a concept, how many people get to choose their boss? Most of the free world either do their jobs to a acceptable level or THEY are fired. Easy to replace the coach, but I don't see Babcock being the problem, sure he has warts, but what coach doesn't? The Leafs problem is they are seriously lacking heart/passion/determination/effort.

56 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
I disagree with this as a concept, how many people get to choose their boss? Most of the free world either do their jobs to a acceptable level or THEY are fired. Easy to replace the coach, but I don't see Babcock being the problem, sure he has warts, but what coach doesn't? The Leafs problem is they are seriously lacking heart/passion/determination/effort.
This is hockey not the normal world. Dubas has committed money to certain stars now. They aren't going anywhere.

You can't fire all the players. So the logical thing to do to correct an underperforming team is fire the coach, bring in a new guy and see if he can get anything out of them. We have seen this in many professional sports several times before. Then if you still have the usual suspects that don't compete you can cull the herd.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
This is hockey not the normal world. Dubas has committed money to certain stars now. They aren't going anywhere.

You can't fire all the players. So the logical thing to do to correct an underperforming team is fire the coach, bring in a new guy and see if he can get anything out of them. We have seen this in many professional sports several times before. Then if you still have the usual suspects that don't compete you can cull the herd.
firing the coach doesn't necessarily improve the team, especially when the players realize if they don't like the coach they can mail it in and have him replaced like the last coach. That's a slippery slope to be standing on with a bunch of young players that don't know any better.

56 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
firing the coach doesn't necessarily improve the team, especially when the players realize if they don't like the coach they can mail it in and have him replaced like the last coach. That's a slippery slope to be standing on with a bunch of young players that don't know any better.
Not necessarily. What is does do is take way any excuses for underperformance. They can't point the finger elsewhere now. It solidly shifts the pressure to the players.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Dubas needs to trade one of your forwards (Nylander) for some defensive depth. It is on him. Shannahan will quickly fire Dubas if he doesn't shape up your team. Currently when two of your defenders go down, your team starts to look like thinly sliced Swiss cheese. This has nothing to do with Babcock's system. Babcock is about 200feet defense leads to offense, like Trotts. If you watched the Capitals last season, they stifled other teams into making mistakes and then turned it into offense. Over the last few games it seems like the Leafs are run and gun, which is not conducive to a long playoff run.
Disagree with some points. The defense does need to be added too, but not at the expense of Nylander. Hasnt been the best year for him, but I still think his ceiling is too high to trade him unless you're getting a top tier RHD in the same age range. I dont think that deal is out there though. I could see Kapanen or Johnsson being moved for a dman before Nylander.

And when everyone was healthy, the team still lacked structure. The blame definitely lies on both the coach and the players, but its pretty frustrating seeing the poor defensive coverage and it still not being addressed.

I agree the run and gun style wont work in the playoffs.

Reactions: DylanSensFan

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
This thread is so lol overreaction.

Couple of years ago we were one every of the worst teams in the league.

Now we’re 5th overall, tied with the defending champs with 10 games to go in the regular season, and because of a few bad games we’re talking about wholesale changes.

Just lol.

Yeah, but all those years of being horrible has left your fan base a little fragile no doubt. I think the Leafs will be fine. I'd say they will go to the conference finals at the very least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad