Who gets fired/shipped first?

Who's fired/traded first?

• Total voters

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden
It's inevitable that at least one of the management team is gone in the offseason, based on the bad play of the Leafs and what media and fans have been predicting.

Ironic, given that Leafs are still on an over 100pt pace season again.

Whos most likely gone?

Last edited:

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Zaitsev, Brown and Sparks are the main problems with the team. Zaitsev and Brown... I just don't know what the hell they are doing out there. A solid, bigger, better and more physical replacement for those two guys would be like night and day. As for Sparks we all know which backup goalie should have stayed, but whats done is done.

Easy fix all it takes is 2 or 3 meaner and bigger character players and this team has a lot more life and emotion.

Reactions: CreeksideStrangler

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
My order:

1) Zaitsev - no surprise, just can we actually get rid of him
2) Smith - apparently there is legit interest in him being a head coach

3) Kadri - he's been 'just okay' but we don't have great center depth either. Id rather Nylander with Matthews.

4) Babcock - if things go downhill fast (like into next season), he is going to be gone

5) Dubas - GM who acquired Tavares and Muzzin will have at least 1 other coach bullet before he goes

6) Shanahan - not going unless he wants to go

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Lol why is Kadri involved? Now that Nylander has been playing great, people gotta find another forward to pick on?

Crossing my fingers its Zaitsev, but Marleau would be a nice treat too.

Reactions: Menzinger

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Lol why is Kadri involved? Now that Nylander has been playing great, people gotta find another forward to pick on?

Kadri hasn't exactly been great... but we also shouldn't be looking to move out a center at all. Very questionable if anyone is picking him.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto

Pretty much lol

Although I'd consider moving Kadri if a controllable top 4 rhd was coming back. Our lack of center depth hurts though.

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden

Hes got silky hands and a mean streak but hes slowing down and perhaps its best to sell high

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
No one shouldsh fired, this team is playing to my expectations.

There will probably be some trades, moving assets from forward to defense to cover up the hole that will be created when Gardiner leaves.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Kadri hasn't exactly been great... but we also shouldn't be looking to move out a center at all. Very questionable if anyone is picking him.

He hasn't been bad though (minus coming back from the injury) other than bad luck. Guy has hit more posts this season than most players hit in 5 years.

Pretty much lol

Although I'd consider moving Kadri if a controllable top 4 rhd was coming back. Our lack of center depth hurts though.

Yeah, it has to be the right defenseman coming back but really it creates a hole that will be much harder to fill tbh. Dermott/Liljegren/Sandin is probably better reinforcements than anything we can get to replace Naz.

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden
My order:

1) Zaitsev - no surprise, just can we actually get rid of him
2) Smith - apparently there is legit interest in him being a head coach

3) Kadri - he's been 'just okay' but we don't have great center depth either. Id rather Nylander with Matthews.

4) Babcock - if things go downhill fast (like into next season), he is going to be gone

5) Dubas - GM who acquired Tavares and Muzzin will have at least 1 other coach bullet before he goes

6) Shanahan - not going unless he wants to go

Zaitsev can be moved without talking salary back.

Cecithepylon

May 4, 2017
Imagine if we got rid of brown and marleau and could have Moore and Ennis around
Johnson-Tavares-marner
moore-Matthews-nylander
Ennis-kadri-Kap
Hyman-goat-petan
I like the look of that lineup bit more balanced and Hyman and goat could be more of a shut down setup.

Reactions: Tlo1

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
If Leafs don’t beat Boston in the first Shanahan should be fired. That would make it 5 years without a playoff with Shanahan as president. Not acceptable.

It’s embarrassing that his seat isn’t hot, and it just goes to show he is a great politician. He has many fooled.

upload_2019-3-17_17-29-2.jpeg

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Why can't you just enjoy the satire?
ur funny lol
If Leafs don’t beat Boston in the first Shanahan should be fired. That would make it 5 years without a playoff with Shanahan as president. Not acceptable.

It’s embarrassing that his seat isn’t hot, and it just goes to show he is a great politician. He has many fooled.

View attachment 201119
I admire the commitment you've got to this gimmick. Quite the hobby you've chosen.

I'd like to pretend this effort could be used better elsewhere but who am I kidding?

AllHeartNoSkill

Nov 23, 2008
If you’re getting rid of the assistants, you might as well get rid of Babcock too (unless he gets some say on who the replacements are). He has shown a willingness to ignore any of the pieces Lou and Dubas have given him if they aren’t to his liking.

Reactions: Tlo1

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
It's inevitable that at least one of the management team is gone in the offseason, based on the bad play of the Leafs and what media and fans have been predicting.

Ironic, given that Leafs are still on an over 100pt pace season again.

Whos most likely gone?
Your post...your post is what is most likely gone to the depths of HF Boards limbo...The unrealistic expectations of fans are gonna get someone in Leaf management fired? Sufferin' snakes in Ireland...not bloody likely.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Hes got silky hands and a mean streak but hes slowing down and perhaps its best to sell high

He's literally having almost the same season offensively as last year in both xGF/60 RAPM and CF/60 RAPM, but his defense has improved drastically this year not being the primary shutdown center.

Even points wise, his PPG has only gone down 0.07 this season :dunno:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Dubas isnt going anywhere unless Yzerman calls up Shanny and says he wants the GM job.

GMs have been fired for far less and they aren't paying Dubas millions. DJ is gone regardless so I selected him.

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX
Zaitsev has to go, there’s no getting around it. The question is how much salary is coming back the other way. Brown is a must go as well with the same concern. Another piece from the forwards will likely have to go and the way this year has been I say Kadri, especially if it’s to keep Johnsson or Kap. Dubas is going nowhere after one year & I’m sure Babcock will get another year at the helm.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015

Nylander has been playing great? He’s not worth his contract. Kadri has been crap since he’s got married. Both should be gone

Reactions: hullsy47 and Al14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad