Who gets fired/shipped first?

Who's fired/traded first?

• Total voters

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I wouldn’t expect anybody to be fired this season - and absolutely zero chance of somebody like Dubas/Babs/Shanahan; maybe one of the assistant coaches if Dubas is particularly upset with special teams.

If they go out in the first round again, I suspect one of the “secondary” assets on the team (like say AJ or Kadri) might get traded for a RHD but even that likely is no guarantee given the fact they’ve got guys like Liljegren and Sandin about to graduate from the Marlies

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
If you’re getting rid of the assistants, you might as well get rid of Babcock too (unless he gets some say on who the replacements are). He has shown a willingness to ignore any of the pieces Lou and Dubas have given him if they aren’t to his liking.
Babcock having to approve of his assistants just ensures poor choices IMHO. Babcock won't consider any candidates, as assistants, that may be able to take his job. JMHO.

Last edited:

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Nylander has been playing great? He’s not worth his contract. Kadri has been crap since he’s got married. Both should be gone

Nylander is more than worth his contract, and Kadri has been basically the same 5v5 player as last year, except better defensively. His PP effectiveness has gone down, that's for sure.

Reactions: Menzinger

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden
Your post...your post is what is most likely gone to the depths of HF Boards limbo...The unrealistic expectations of fans are gonna get someone in Leaf management fired? Sufferin' snakes in Ireland...not bloody likely.

Don't take this board or yourself too seriously bud. Its not good for your blood pressure.
Just wanted to see where peoples opinions are.

You should go for a walk

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Nylander has been playing great? He’s not worth his contract. Kadri has been crap since he’s got married. Both should be gone
Both need to be sacrificed for D depth IMHO. Forward depth is too top heavy with skill and money spent. Dubas needs to balance that out. JMHO.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Don't take this board or yourself too seriously bud. Its not good for your blood pressure.
Just wanted to see where peoples opinions are.

You should go for a walk
I was kidding...mostly! Because of the pay Babs gets,because of this being Dubas initial crack at running things,because Shanny hand picked them both...no one is goin' anywhere!

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
It's inevitable that at least one of the management team is gone in the offseason, based on the bad play of the Leafs and what media and fans have been predicting.

Ironic, given that Leafs are still on an over 100pt pace season again.

Whos most likely gone?
Smith gets poached to be a head coach elsewhere.

Zaitsev + picks gets traded for picks.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
GMs have been fired for far less and they aren't paying Dubas millions. DJ is gone regardless so I selected him.
Only thing Dubas has done wrong is choose Sparks to be the backup. Dont think a GM has ever been fired for that.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
The obvious guys on the team we should be looking to move are Zaitsev (please God, he's awful and paid forever) Marleau (unfortunately he has a full NMC) and Brown (he's making to much for a depth/4th line forward with our cap situation)

In management I'd imagine our defensive systems and special teams assistant coaches should probably be looked at as well

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
This is a bad, bad thread. You'd think the Leafs were a basement team, they'll move the players they need to for cap relief, otherwise no one is getting fired.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Story of this fan base this season.

the best Leafs team in 20 years and people are acting like we’re the Oilers
So, there's no room for improvement, and, far less embarrassment like last night?

Our Leafs have added Tavares and Muzzin, and, have subtracted supposed scrubs like Bozak, Polak, Komarov and Martin, yet, it's looking like we may end up with less points than last season!

There's nothing wrong with having higher expectations. With being up against the cap next season, we may end up being mired in above average mediocrity with no chance at a Cup, unless, things start to look like progress is truly being made. JMHO.

Reactions: Alerion

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I think Kadri, but that is more to re-allocate cap.

You are not trading Zaitsev without getting another top 4 RD in return (directly or indirectly), and chances are, you are paying a similar (or far greater) amount than you are paying Zaitsev (or you will be very soon).

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
The choice has been made to keep Matthews/JT/Marner/Nylander.

You can’t keep every single forward and not address the D. Especially if you are losing Gardiner and Hainsey to UFA.
If Marleau can’t be moved, you have another big problem for a year.

Obviously you will start with Brown and work your way up but we must improve defense and get better in our own zone. It’s imperative.

So you want to keep your first tier of favourites to drive the bus, it’s going to cost you the 2nd tier.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Don't pay attention to the leafs at all but I'm just curious what opinions about Babcock are in Leaf nation? I have a somewhat biased opinion so I'm interested
People have problems with the system he employs, how he utilizes our players, and the team having problems with starting on time.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I live in Windsor /Essex where there's lots of Wings fans. I have heard the same. Babs is a coach, like Harbaugh, that players can only stomach for a limited time.
yes I live in windsor too
I heard him to called SPARKY
referred to legendary sparky Anderson
loyal to veterans and stubborn till the game passed him by

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad