Speculation: Who gets claimed by Vegas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I'd be ecstatic if they pick Emelin. Terrible dman who's been overrated only because he's one of our few dmen who lays hits.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
looks like someone told emelin about the news...

dosBSBG.jpg

They mightve told Emelin already that he was going to be picked

giblit

Feb 27, 2015
Taking Emelin makes sense; he still brings something. Dlr and Davidson I can see too. The overvaluing of plekanec is baffling, though I've been hoping vegas would abandon good sense and pick him.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Losing Emelin doesn't really hurt.

Markov-Weber
Benn-Petry
Davidson-Lernout
Jerabek

That's what we have right now. We will get at least 2 d-man this summer.

Markov-Weber
Benn-Petry
Davidson-Demers
Jerabek

Benn replaces Emelin, Davidson replaces Beaulieu.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If Emelin is picked, we just added $4.1M in cap space.

Markov / Weber
???? / Petry
Davidson or Jerabek / Benn

Scandella would fit nice with Petry IMO. Benn can play both sides and would be great on the last pair.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Absolutely floored Vegas didn't take Plekanec lol

Oh well...at least we'll get a lottery pick for him at the deadline

Joannie9

Aug 10, 2009

It's actually a good thing. At least our center line didn't get even worse.

dmanfish90

How about 76 for 25?
Jan 5, 2011
Newmarket, Ontario
I thought Hudon was the second coming of Jesus!? Horrible management from Montreal to expose him and even worse from Vegas to not take him, according to some.

Who said any of this? We just think it's a mistake cuz the guy has skill and has not been given a chance because he plays the "wrong way". Like wtf Bergevin you high and mighty GM that one 1 Cup as an AGM. Whoopty doo. Now that he's the GM of a big-time club, his team has been a Cup finalist a grand total of 0 times.

Got a feeling Emelin is getting picked and Habs are replacing him by trading for Marco Scandella (not by including Galchenyuk either).

Got a similar feeling.

I don't mind as long as it doesn't hamper our ability to sign Radulov, Markov and ideally trade for a #1C.

Not even...scour this thread, you'll see for yourself.

Again, if Plekanec is going to be worth a 1st and 2nd at the deadline like Hanzal

then

1. The Habs are dumb as **** for exposing him
2. The Vegas Knights would be dumb as **** for not selecting him.

Let see if you and others are right

His trade value is probably low right now, but like I said earlier 417, it's gonna be nice at the TDL.

I picked Davidson!

Last edited by a moderator:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
With Vegas taking Emelin, I hate to say this, our left side is even worse now :laugh:

Agree, but at the same time Habs were spending too much money for what they were getting on D, this is an opportunity for Bergevin to change that and put some cash on the center line.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Emelin getting picked could be really good for us even tho I will definitely miss his physical punishing game he's a better player than credited for

just wish Bergevin would have offered them something to take Plekanec and Emelin

DesmondDekker

Let's diddly go !
Sep 11, 2006
Canada

Trading Pleks at the deadline would imply we're out of the playoffs race, and possibly trading him to a contender looking for depth at C. If w're a playoff team at the deadline, NO WAY does MB trade him. On top of that, I dunno if he lands us a 1st round pick (that depends on the season he will have).

Anyhow, temper your expectations buddy

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Trading Pleks at the deadline would imply we're out of the playoffs race, and possibly trading him to a contender looking for depth at C. If w're a playoff team at the deadline, NO WAY does MB trade him. On top of that, I dunno if he lands us a 1st round pick (that depends on the season he will have).

Ahhh man...having a blast on here today.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'd be a upset if I was a Sens fan today...losing Methot, who is by far their 2nd best Dman because of that albatross contract of Dion Phaneuf, is just awful.

If Vegas turns around and trades Methot it looks even worse.

Brutal

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Ahhh man...having a blast on here today.

Ya buddy...:laugh:....how dare you think Plekanec would get us such a return :laugh:

My guess is he's clueless on your stance with Plekanec judging from his 165 posts in 11yrs lol

MaKi

Marschak's #1 Fan
Apr 13, 2007
Marschak's Bandwagon
Really comes down to whether $4.1M buys us a better dman than what we had.

Markov-Weber
Benn-Petry

That was solid enough for us vs the Rangers. Obviously we should improve on that, but the bigger problem was scoring goals, so moving offensively talented players for help on defence is no the way to go in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad