Speculation: Who gets claimed by Vegas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I'd only be pissed if Hudon gets claimed. I'd be fine with anyone else being picked.

Worse part is Emelin isn't really expendable now that Sergachev and Beaulieu are gone. Unless Bergevin acquires another LD, we kinda need him going into next season.

Same goes for Plekanec, actually. I know a lot of people want him gone, but right now he's one of our only two known commodity that can play center in a top 9.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
My dream is Plekanec.

Realistic is maybe more Hudon (maybe deal between MTL and VGS), De la Rose or Davidson.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I'd only be pissed if Hudon gets claimed. I'd be fine with anyone else being picked.

Worse part is Emelin isn't really expendable now that Sergachev and Beaulieu are gone. Unless Bergevin acquires another LD, we kinda need him going into next season.

Same goes for Plekanec, actually. I know a lot of people want him gone, but right now he's one of our only two known commodity that can play center in a top 9.

Pissed? He's a LW and the Habs currently have the best LW depth in the NHL after the Drouin trade.

I mean some teams are giving up 1st rounders to protect players. Habs might lose an AHLer. Who cares?

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Pissed? He's a LW and the Habs currently have the best LW depth in the NHL after the Drouin trade.

I mean some teams are giving up 1st rounders to protect players. Habs might lose an AHLer. Who cares?

The fact that the Hab don't need to protect additional players with high picks to LV says a lot. Don't you think?

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I'm most interested in who Vegas selects and who they want to trade to get picks and prospects after their selections:

Dumba, Staal, Methot?

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Say what you will about Plex but the centre positions are pretty slim and they might be able to get a few picks for him at the deadline. They'll need some experience and a shutdown centre. Not to mention Bergevin will probably give them a 2nd to take him. ;)

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

Because Hudon could have been protected and I see good middle six upside in him? Do you need a drawing too?

The fact he's been stuck in the AHL for so long says more about the Habs' than it does about Hudon. Everyone gets enamored at how much young talent Pittsburgh has been pumping out of nowhere, but what they don't realize is that the difference between Pittsburgh and Montreal is that Pittsburgh is willing to give a chance to their talented young players to show their worth.

In Montreal, guys like Sheary and Rust would still be "AHLers". In Pittsburgh, they're key contributors on two cup runs.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I can see them picking Emelin, Montreal's D would be so thin that Montreal would need to trade for one. Vegas would then be able to trade them one

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Purely in terms of value, Emelin is their best choice imo, many teams will have holes at D, VG could get a good mid pick for him, I am sure at least one team will be high on Emelin because of the physical aspect he brings. Plekanec is too overpaid. DeLaRose and Hudon are fringe prospects, still decent ones. Davidson is a good 7th D who is fairly young. It is all pretty close though. Wouldn't be surprise about each scenario in that poll.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Because Hudon could have been protected and I see good middle six upside in him? Do you need a drawing too?

The fact he's been stuck in the AHL for so long says more about the Habs' than it does about Hudon. Everyone gets enamored at how much young talent Pittsburgh has been pumping out of nowhere, but what they don't realize is that the difference between Pittsburgh and Montreal is that Pittsburgh is willing to give a chance to their talented young players to show their worth.

In Montreal, guys like Sheary and Rust would still be "AHLers". In Pittsburgh, they're key contributors on two cup runs.

No I don't need a drawing. I can see perfectly clear that there's no room for him and I won't care one bit if he's claimed to go out West.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
No I don't need a drawing. I can see perfectly clear that there's no room for him and I won't care one bit if he's claimed to go out West.

You wouldn't mind losing arguably our most promising forward prospect, because that team clearly doesn't need all the help it can get on offense.

Sure, sounds about right.

Just like the people that didn't mind trading Ghetto for nothing, because "there was no room for him". Solid logic.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
You wouldn't mind losing arguably our most promising forward prospect, because that team clearly doesn't need all the help it can get on offense.

Sure, sounds about right.

Just like the people that didn't mind trading Ghetto for nothing, because "there was no room for him". Solid logic.

Stop bringing your Andrighetto rant every two posts, he is a undersized 30 points guy, wouldn't be long before we got fed up of him.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Stop bringing your Andrighetto rant every two posts, he is a undersized 30 points guy, wouldn't be long before we got fed up of him.

Haven't spoke about Ghetto in a while, had to get it out of my system.

Was just protected by Colorado too.

I guess we'll see about the 30 points part. I'll take the over bet.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
The fact that the Hab don't need to protect additional players with high picks to LV says a lot. Don't you think?

Says what?
Islanders need to protect additional players with a pick. What does it say about them and about the habs?

The teams that need to use a pick to protect more are that teams that went with 8 skaters protected...

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Reasoning:

- Plekanec has been slowing down after strong season starts at least the last 2 seasons, he's going to be 35 and most likely won't help Vegas much in the regular season.
- Hudon is waiver eligible and has not seen much NHL ice since lacing it up with the Habs. If Vegas picks him and they don't play him, the pick is a waste. They could also try to trade him but waiver fodder usually gets other waiver fodder.
- DLR is also waiver eligible, had more showing than Hudon and also is more versatile, but then again I think ceiling wise it's pretty much reached.
- Davidson is off an injury riddled season, and there's just tons of better young Dman options on the unprotected lists.

So Emelin.

The Davidson reasoning applies to all other unprotected.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
If he's got a decent season, Plek should return at the very least a 2nd round pick at the tdl..If Mb gives Vegas a little incentive to pick him on top of that i think its pretty much a sure thing that he will be the claimed player

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Can Vegas be used as a proxy for trades? Say a team (not LV) is interested in Hudon, can they give a pick/player to LV to get him?

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Can Vegas be used as a proxy for trades? Say a team (not LV) is interested in Hudon, can they give a pick/player to LV to get him?

Yes they can, but Hudon is still waiver fodder, if anyone is interested in him at the moment they could just ask Bergevin directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad