Speculation: Who gets claimed by Vegas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
There's really no ideal scenario at this point. As long as it isn't Hudon, and to a lesser extent DLR, I won't mind much. We're thin at center, so losing Plekanec hurts, believe it or not. We're thin on LD too, so losing either of Emelin or Davidson would hurt as well.

Got a feeling Emelin is getting picked and Habs are replacing him by trading for Marco Scandella (not by including Galchenyuk either).

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
My guess is De La Rose

imo davidson doesn't have much value. If he had somewhat half of a decent season in the NHL, it would have been a different story.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Well everything I've read about Plekanec the last few days, even after the putrid season he still had, leads me to believe that Vegas needs to pick him

He's still a great 2 way player, who just had a bad season and is due to bounce back, he's a pending UFA who is worth a high pick, possibly as much as 2 high picks, at the deadline.

All of these conditions tell me he should be a no-brainer pick for Vegas...again, if that's the case, i'll gladly post I was wrong about his value.

If not...then you and several others will have some splainin' to do

I think your exaggerating what some have said a bit. You can try to quote me personally later but I said it's about circumstances on what direction Vegas takes with the Player we lose. I won't be surprised if it's Pleky, Emelin, or Davidson. It just depends on how these fit among all the other picks and how that translates to filling out a roster.

Pleky does have value. It just depends on how much value and weather he stays a 30 points player or gets to be a 40+ points player again after a rebound season. He's going to have lots of motivation to work hard this year as he then needs a new contract at age 35. He's far from being done in the NHL IMO.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I think your exaggerating what some have said a bit. You can try to quote me personally later but I said it's about circumstances on what direction Vegas takes with the Player we lose. I won't be surprised if it's Pleky, Emelin, or Davidson. It just depends on how these fit among all the other picks and how that translates to filling out a roster

Not even...scour this thread, you'll see for yourself.

Again, if Plekanec is going to be worth a 1st and 2nd at the deadline like Hanzal

then

1. The Habs are dumb as **** for exposing him
2. The Vegas Knights would be dumb as **** for not selecting him.

Let see if you and others are right

c_robio

Feb 3, 2006
Got a feeling Emelin is getting picked and Habs are replacing him by trading for Marco Scandella (not by including Galchenyuk either).

Minnesota needs capspace so that makes sense. Wonder what futures it would take though

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Again, if Plekanec is going to be worth a 1st and 2nd at the deadline like Hanzal

then

Count me out from this list. I am not the one who said Pleky is worth a 1st and 2nd at a trade deadline. I agree with you on this one, he's not worth 2 picks.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

then

There's stupid overpayments for rentals every year. Hanzal is the latest one. Before that there was also Vermette. Gaustad a few years back.

We wouldn't really be in a position to trade Plekanec with salary retention at the deadline unless things fall apart this season, so I think it's a moot point.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Probably Emelin
Davidson has no value, Emelin could fetch a decent return at the trade deadline

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Doubt it would cost as high as a 1st round pick...but who knows

Maybe throw in Davidson as a cheap replacement?

3 for 1? I like Scandella but he only had 13 pts in 71 games on a pretty good Wild team. I wouldn't have a problem with Davidson and a 3rd for Scandella. Not sure what it takes to get him over some of the other teams interested though

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
My guess is De La Rose

imo davidson doesn't have much value. If he had somewhat half of a decent season in the NHL, it would have been a different story.

And how is De La Rose's value compared to Davidson? Davidson is more interesting if I am McPhee.

EDIT : You know Plekanec's and Emelin's contracts are bad when the other GM takes Brandon Davidson.

dmanfish90

How about 76 for 25?
Jan 5, 2011
Newmarket, Ontario
Put me down for a friendly bet...I don't gamble.

Considering Plekanec has 58pts in his last 135 NHL games (averaging more than 17mins a game).

I'll gladly take this bet

You're on 417!

I'll make sure to bump this

Please do either way.

Considering Markov is my favorite Habs player of the last 20yrs...doubt you're talking about me.

Oh I most definitely was not. Mine too.

Cookie007

Mar 23, 2011
looks like someone told emelin about the news...

dosBSBG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad