Who does Seattle end up with from Tampa?

Who does Seattle end up with from Tampa?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
I bet Seattle ends up with Gourde AND Foote.

They will tell Tampa they will only take some cap off their hands (Gourde or Palat) if Foote is thrown in for free... otherwise, it's just Foote.

Tampa will have to bite

My prediction!!

Nope. That’ll be the deal for Johnson but not the others.

If we say no, then what? You take Foote.

Then we deal with other teams. Palat/Killorn/Gourde will all get high picks.

Reactions: NatoGhost

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
If I was them I would try to get Palat and Johnson together. Have previous chemistry and two back to back cup winners. Although a player like Palat should give some value back.

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
The chance of them just taking a prospect is increasing. Granted Gourde/Palat/Killorn is insane for them…. But if they go Price, Taresenko, JVR, etc…. then they are going to need some cheaper pieces. We offer the best cheapest pieces.

Not the end of the world though. Then we trade guys for picks. Or we wait to see if anyone gets hurt

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
If I was them I would try to get Palat and Johnson together. Have previous chemistry and two back to back cup winners. Although a player like Palat should give some value back.

We should be able to give Johnson away and Palat is worth a 1st. But Seattle has leverage right now.

Part of it depends what JBB thinks Johnson is worth and also what other teams think Johnson is worth.

But since they can just select Palat it’s possible. It means that they’d have to want Johnson straight up though.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
The chance of them just taking a prospect is increasing. Granted Gourde/Palat/Killorn is insane for them…. But if they go Price, Taresenko, JVR, etc…. then they are going to need some cheaper pieces. We offer the best cheapest pieces.

Not the end of the world though. Then we trade guys for picks. Or we wait to see if anyone gets hurt

Towards the end of training camp, the Lightning have been unable to negotiate trades with the rest of the league to relieve their salary cap woes. Johnson, Killorn, Palat...all still in the organization.

Later that day, JBB and Steven Stamkos begin walking down a flight of stairs, BriseBois to the left and Stamkos to the right

JBB: That's an awfully fragile body you've got there, Steven. It would sure be a shame if something happened to it.

JBB sticks his right foot out

Next day: "Steven Stamkos placed on LTIR, out indefinitely"

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
if you look at the vegas draft the side deals are where gms really screwed up. giving up a good prospect so they can take a good player is just ridiculous. just lose one player and after that figure things out

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
Towards the end of training camp, the Lightning have been unable to negotiate trades with the rest of the league to relieve their salary cap woes. Johnson, Killorn, Palat...all still in the organization.

Later that day, JBB and Steven Stamkos begin walking down a flight of stairs, BriseBois to the left and Stamkos to the right

JBB: That's an awfully fragile body you've got there, Steven. It would sure be a shame if something happened to it.

JBB sticks his right foot out

Next day: "Steven Stamkos placed on LTIR, out indefinitely"

Exactly.

Seriously it’s not even just about one of our guys getting hurt. Other teams will have guys getting hurt that can go on LTIR. All of that will open space and create demand. These sorts of things work themselves out

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I like how people are like wow look at some of those names Seattle should definitely take Voracek, signed 3 more years at 8.25M, point totals the last 3 seasons 66, 56, 43 and is only getting older. Van Reimsdyk, signed for 2 more years at 7M, point totals the last 3 seasons 48, 40, 40. Tarasenko 7.5M for the next 2 years and has played a total of 34 games the last 2 seasons. Yet Johnson at 5M for 3 years needs so many sweeteners to move. Killorn, who produces as well as Van Reimsdyk, won't get us anything good. Palat who's coming off nearly a ppg year is worthless, love it.

Reactions: Todd1a

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
I like how people are like wow look at some of those names Seattle should definitely take Voracek, signed 3 more years at 8.25M, point totals the last 3 seasons 66, 56, 43 and is only getting older. Van Reimsdyk, signed for 2 more years at 7M, point totals the last 3 seasons 48, 40, 40. Tarasenko 7.5M for the next 2 years and has played a total of 34 games the last 2 seasons. Yet Johnson at 5M for 3 years needs so many sweeteners to move. Killorn, who produces as well as Van Reimsdyk, won't get us anything good. Palat who's coming off nearly a ppg year is worthless, love it.

All three of our guys have 2 rings each so if they want that locker room.presemce they got to pick from one of the 3

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
I mean, according to this board Palat and Killorn are better...
Honestly they all bring different value to different lines. It's hard to pick which one is more valuable because it's really nice having all 3. If I had to pick i would probably pick Palat as the best overall player, killer is probably the worst of the 3, but if I had to pick a player out of the 3 I would take Gourde because he is a complete animal in playoff games.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
I think Seattle is gonna take Price which sucks on multiple fronts for the Lightning. I actually think this helps Montreal over the next few years getting rid of that contract. Which isn’t good since they are in the Atlantic.

More importantly, Seattle is going to have 14 Million allocated to the goal tender position, which could limit their willingness to take on Tyler Johnson. Or even Guorde.

The worst case scenario for Tampa is Seattle selecting Colton IMO.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I think Seattle is gonna take Price which sucks on multiple fronts for the Lightning. I actually think this helps Montreal over the next few years getting rid of that contract. Which isn’t good since they are in the Atlantic.

More importantly, Seattle is going to have 14 Million allocated to the goal tender position, which could limit their willingness to take on Tyler Johnson. Or even Guorde.

The worst case scenario for Tampa is Seattle selecting Colton IMO.

How does it help Montreal? Allen ain't the answer, who in free agency is close to Price level? Sure they'll have cap space but that team isn't good enough to go anywhere with mediocre goaltending.

As for Seattle I don't think it changes a lot. If Price is as hurt as some are saying there's a chance he doesn't even play next year. You LTIR if you need to and go with Driedger and probably Vanacek or Kahkonen as the backup. They're most likely flipping Tarasenko so one big contract won't be on the books. Heard that Calgary is offering a 1st to not take Giordano so another big contract avoided. Unless they go Johansen, Voracek, Henrique, Domi, Niederrieter and Subban or something stupid like that then they'll be in cap trouble.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Price isn't good and he gets over 10 million a year.

If Seattle lets them out of that contract, it will make Bergevin actually worthy of that GM of the Year award.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Listening to Marek and Friedman wonder if Gourde can play in a top six at the NHL level.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Listening to Marek and Friedman wonder if Gourde can play in a top six at the NHL level.
The fact Friedman is respected for anything other than his sources baffles me. Bob McKenzie knew his lane - prospects but mainly as an insider. I didn't hear him opine on players much.

Friedman is no Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad