Prospect Info: Who does LA pick #2? Part 2 To Byfield or to Stutzle? That is the question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Last edited:

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
[QUOTE="
8 out of 11 scouts would take Byfield at #2.[/QUOTE]

73% for Byfield and 27% for Stutzle -- so basically about the same split as us here on the boards. I wonder if anyone is going to rant & rave to those scouts about their ridiculous infatuation with Byfield and hatred for TS?

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
73% for Byfield and 27% for Stutzle -- so basically about the same split as us here on the boards. I wonder if anyone is going to rant & rave to those scouts about their ridiculous infatuation with Byfield and hatred for TS?

Psshhh these scouts suck. They're the rejects that Bob McKenzie didn't want for his straw poll.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
On the goal line for that goal in the 300s so had a great view lol, but that was like seeing DT s or Lucs first games , they just looked better than everyone else. Not t sure they were more talented but defiantly more driven

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
Whatever side of the fence you sit, there is really no denying that the Kings are going to get a stud at this pick and either guy will move the meter. I honestly will not be pissed off with TS even though I like QB more. QB is like a luxury SUV while TS is more of a high end sportscar. I am actually getting more interested to see what they do with their extra picks and who will fall enough so they make a move into the 1st to grab a guy.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Well they've certainly done their due diligence. So whoever the staff selects they have a lot of confidence in the pick judging by the last article. Mindset also plays a part in how confident you are that a prospect will reach his potential. Who knows, maybe one of them checked all the boxes in that department and had corroborating testimony from third parties. There were a lot of basketball players coming into the NBA with the same measurables and athleticism as Kobe Bryant, but not one of them were as fanatically driven to be great as he was. Let's hope both of these kids possess a semblance of that character trait.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
QB is like a luxury SUV while TS is more of a high end sportscar.

This is actually a good metaphor for both players.

Is this Brown's?

48042794397_24ce6ce919_b.jpg

Token

May 15, 2019
Well they've certainly done their due diligence. So whoever the staff selects they have a lot of confidence in the pick judging by the last article. Mindset also plays a part in how confident you are that a prospect will reach his potential. Who knows, maybe one of them checked all the boxes in that department and had corroborating testimony from third parties. There were a lot of basketball players coming into the NBA with the same measurables and athleticism as Kobe Bryant, but not one of them were as fanatically driven to be great as he was. Let's hope both of these kids possess a semblance of that character trait.
There might be a tell in the LA Times article.

Yanetti mentioned how Byfield reacted after the perceived lackluster WJC by going back to the O and tearing it up.

The whole tradition of character being a heavy part of the Kings scouting may be that little hint right there.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
There might be a tell in the LA Times article.

Yanetti mentioned how Byfield reacted after the perceived lackluster WJC by going back to the O and tearing it up.

The whole tradition of character being a heavy part of the Kings scouting may be that little hint right there.

I pointed out elsewhere they said the same thing with Turcotte. Divvyed the season up into chunks, and liked how he responded to adversity.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
to be fair, if a number of sports reporters interviewed me at age 18, I would have stuttered and slipped up a number of times.

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
I'll say that as much as I want Byfield to be our pick regardless, I have the utmost faith in Yanetti for both his solid track record AND the fact that he is willing to admit that they made a mistake in picking for position/readiness in the Thomas Hickey pick. I think that level of public self-awareness and accountability is a great sign in someone making decisions at the level he is.
Thomas Hickey and Henry Winkler should have their own bowling team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad