Who do you WANT?

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
You throw full moon out there and then go blah blah. That's rich.

Yeah, Chicago is a stronger team by most measures but what about when they play the Avs? The significance of playing them early vs late shouldn't be casually dismissed. One series could make the difference between them turning from a team whose head is weary from wearing the crown to a dangerous and hungry team being projected as an underdog.

Lets not kid ourselves. Playoffs is a different story. And we can all admit Chicago is a stronger team.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
We'll lose to Chicago whether it's in the first round or second.

Yeah, I would have given us a fighting chance before all of these injuries, but it's starting to look bleaker and bleaker by the day. Our best chance to beat either Chicago or St. Louis would be in the second round and hope that we get a lot healthier by then.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Yeah, I would have given us a fighting chance before all of these injuries, but it's starting to look bleaker and bleaker by the day. Our best chance to beat either Chicago or St. Louis would be in the second round and hope that we get a lot healthier by then.

and hope hawks are beat up from blues series.

though rutherford tweeted that he's never seen players as beat up as the ones that re in blues locker room now or along those lines..

Averick*

Lets not kid ourselves. Playoffs is a different story. And we can all admit Chicago is a stronger team.

This is similar to baseball when a team is down 3 games to 2 in the WS and the question arises whether they should use their ace in game 6 on 3 days rest. In either scenario, you need your lesser pitcher to pull through, so you might as well pitch your ace when it has the biggest advantage (most typically game 7).

Similarly, you might as well face a team like Chicago when you have the biggest advantage.

I think the team should try to win the division but playing Chicago in the second round worries me more than playing them in the first. I also worry the Avs would be less focused against lesser teams. So that somewhat offsets the fact that Chicago is the better team. But for the sake of contending, both now and in the future, the Avs are better served by trying to win and letting the chips fall where they may. This might work against them at times but in the long run, they should keep marching forward regardless.i think conceding the conference/division for more favorable playoff pairing is more detrimental to long term success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad