Speculation: Who do you want the Sabres to pick with the 1st/2nd Overall?

Shoey

Hello.
Jun 25, 2006
Buffalo, NY
www.ypoiw.blogspot.com
I want whatever Sam that Tim Murray decides is better.

I went with Reinhart because he seems to have a bit more in the playmaking department and has a higher hockey IQ, but this is honestly a case where I'd be thrilled with either direction.

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
Quick question for some of you: Do you think with Bennett's size (he's a bit shorter and a little less in weight) and the way he plays that he's an injury concern?

It's not a stupid question btw lol I reallyyy like the kid, I think he's gonna be really good. But he plays extremely physical and at an extremely high intensity, but he's not the biggest kid. Obviously I love his playing style and the traits he mentioned. But at 6' barely and 175/180 I can't see him making it through an 82 game season plus playoffs. Obviously injuries can happen to ANYONE, but I was just seeing your opinions as to if he could be a bigger concern at the NHL level?

It's a top 2 pick this year, we need it to be a really good one..so I'm sure every angle of these players will be analyzed.

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Sam Bennett - but the difference between them is paper thin. I just like his chances of being a game breaking forward better then the rest.

Bennett. Because as much as I love Grandmaster Reinhart's brain, I would prefer the team be built around Bennett's heart. Let's err on the side of "will die to win."

Agreed on both counts - from what I've read, the two centers are comparable in offensive skill and instinct, not to mention physical size; the reported distinctions between them are that Reinhart seems more capable of making his teammates better statistically on the scoresheet via playmaking whereas Bennett is more capable of inspiring his teammates by leading through example via passion and effort.

Bennett

Reminds me of Girgs :naughty:

I like the comparisons often made to Bennett being of the Doug Gilmour-ilk in his prime: an offensive playmaker with defensively-sound instincts and a nasty edge to his game. One scouting report referenced his "elite offensive skill" and "never gets outmuscled to win battles". Those qualities seem tailor-made to what the Sabres sorely lack.

SabresBillsBuffalo

May 4, 2010
Buffalo
Bennett here. If you want a very skilled possibly game breaking forward, who wears his heart on his sleeve then you want Bennett.

Kids heart is matched by no one in this draft.

Drainstl at #4-6 is who I want after that.

ZeroPT*

will you stop mispelling these prospects names PLEASE? There is no N in Draisaitl's name.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Bennett here. If you want a very skilled possibly game breaking forward, who wears his heart on his sleeve then you want Bennett.

Kids heart is matched by no one in this draft.

Drainstl at #4-6 is who I want after that.

will you stop mispelling these prospects names PLEASE? There is no N in Draisaitl's name.

Yeah, I'm afraid it's getting silly at this point. Spell their names correctly.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Yeah, I'm afraid it's getting silly at this point. Spell their names correctly.

This is karma for that guy who misspelled everything so badly you couldn't read a thing he wrote. Now our children don't know how to spell. Actions have consequences!

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
I'm torn between the two Sams. I started high on Reinhart, but Bennett's age and developmental curve (with a year less experience) really intrigues me. I also don't quite know what Bennett will become at the NHL level, and that both intrigues and frightens me.

It's easy to predict what Reinhart will be. He'll be a cerebral, playmaking center that will excel with good guys around him. He's not going to be able to command a game by himself because he's not the shooter that Stamkos is, doesn't have the speed of a MacKinnon, and doesn't have the overall skillset of a Crosby. With that said, he strikes me as the kind of guy that can be an effective 1st line center if you can find the right, dynamic winger for him to play with.

Bennett though. Hmm. Is he going to be gritty two-way 2nd line center or can he be a first line burner at LW?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad