Speculation: Who do you want the Sabres to pick with the 1st/2nd Overall?

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Sam Bennett - but the difference between them is paper thin. I just like his chances of being a game breaking forward better then the rest. I really like Ekblad but I just get the sense that we are passing on him.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I voted Reinhart...

But really wanted to vote "not Ekblad".

I figured with the poll choices we will be able to determine if we pick 2nd which of the two to pick. It seems the consensus is Reinhart/Bennett so far. I think if the Panthers or Oilers win the lottery they pick Ekblad. I think we will have the opportunity to select one of the two Sams in the likely chance we pick 2nd.

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
Hmmm the question I walk around all day hoping/fearing someone will ask me....

Bennett. Because as much as I love Grandmaster Reinhart's brain, I would prefer the team be built around Bennett's heart. Let's err on the side of "will die to win."

omglolnub

Jun 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I know I'll get a firestorm of rage for saying this, but Ekblad. I know the team needs elite forwards, but Ekblad would make the D core legendary if other prospects continue to pan out. I get the impression that he's far and away the best defenseman in the draft (could be mistaken), and especially if the Sabres have the Islanders pick this year, then someone like Draisaitl could be on the table still.

Flame away.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Hmmm the question I walk around all day hoping/fearing someone will ask me....

Bennett. Because as much as I love Grandmaster Reinhart's brain, I would prefer the team be built around Bennett's heart. Let's err on the side of "will die to win."
You get the lay it on the line ...will to win players at the end of the first and later rounds. You Draft the player that makes players around him better and still has a knack to put up points.

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
You get the lay it on the line ...will to win players at the end of the first and later rounds. You Draft the player that makes players around him better and still has a knack to put up points.

Fair enough. I am a big Reinhart fan. But I think you take those kind of heart + soul guys at both spots, if you can. Bennett is no plug.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I know I'll get a firestorm of rage for saying this, but Ekblad. I know the team needs elite forwards, but Ekblad would make the D core legendary if other prospects continue to pan out. I get the impression that he's far and away the best defenseman in the draft (could be mistaken), and especially if the Sabres have the Islanders pick this year, then someone like Draisaitl could be on the table still.

Flame away.

Won't get any flame from me.

In fact, should Garth get a massive brain cramp and give us the Isles 2014 pick......there is really a case to be made to take Ekblad and then whoever is left from Draisaitl and Dal Cole........

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Fair enough. I am a big Reinhart fan. But I think you take those kind of heart + soul guys at both spots, if you can. Bennett is no plug.

I agree Bennett is an exceptional talent. The way I see it is Reinhart reminds me of Backstrom. Bennett reminds me Doan. I would take Backstrom.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
I've been back and fourth all season between Bennett and Reinhart. I think Bennett is the more exciting player and Reinhart is a little more efficient with his hockey IQ and playmaking. The fact that we are guarenteed to have an opportunity to pick one of the two has me excited.

Bennett at 7 months younger and one less developmental year has me believing his offensive potential is much higher than he gets credit for.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Given how close the top 3 are talent wise I think it goes down to type of player. Give me speed and aggression, I'll go Bennet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad