Who do you want next round?? (Playoff Schedule on Post #130)

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Slightly off topic:

Probability for the next game (2nd round):
Thursday: probable
Friday: very probable
Saturday: not probable

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2015/04/27/a-quand-le-prochain-match-du-canadien

hKVSV7o.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Your official paper :facepalm:

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
I don't see why the NHL would have a three day break to begin our series. I'd bet on Fri.

It's only a two day break. I dont think Round 2 starts until Friday anyway.

If they want to play nice with Detroit/Tampa, they give them a few extra days rest.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006

If they want to play nice with Detroit/Tampa, they give them a few extra days rest.

Thurs-Fri-Sat is three days, no?

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Thurs-Fri-Sat is three days, no?

My bad. I meant to say three day break from the start of Round 2. Which makes little sense. :laugh:

It'll be interesting to see what NHL decides to do. Either way, Habs get a long break, which they really need.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

It'll be Friday.

Remember when the Habs took Washington to 7 games in 2010, they played Pittsburgh in Round 2 two days later.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Tampa's team d looks shaky, and they aren't that strong standing up at their blueline. One would think a counter-attack team like us could take advantage of that and match their offensive production? They go to the box also, so we have to fix our pp.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Tampa's team d looks shaky, and they aren't that strong standing up at their blueline. One would think a counter-attack team like us could take advantage of that and match their offensive production? They go to the box also, so we have to fix our pp.

If our forwards could score I wouldn't be concerned.

The problem is that they can easily score 3 goals when it takes us three games to do the same.

Bishop is shaky though so there is that....

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
So it starts officially Friday

#1 - Friday
#2 - Sunday

If we play Tampa Bay
#3 - Wednesday
#4 - Thursday

void

Jan 5, 2006
Is there a reason why we don't have Saturday night games anymore? Last year was the same thing..

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I don't really care who the Habs play. Either or, doesn't bother me. They gotta get through somebody regardless, and so long as they have trouble scoring it doesn't really matter who their opponent is, especially since Price is the great equalizer. There is no team I think the Habs can't beat with Price in goal.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Is there a reason why we don't have Saturday night games anymore? Last year was the same thing..

Likely has to do with the American networks... just like 6 o'clock games, wtf???

Edit: Doesn't have to do with the American networks, never mind.

Last edited:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Bell Centre is always booked in advanced...

Interesting that MSG has Clapton on Thursday but there's an clause that will have the concert postponed if it conflicts with NHL playoffs. Too bad BC doesn't do the same.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
Interesting that MSG has Clapton on Thursday but there's an clause that will have the concert postponed if it conflicts with NHL playoffs. Too bad BC doesn't do the same.

Such a clause would probably cut in at their revenues

It's understandable, the game will still sell out whether the game is played Saturday or Sunday

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
Thing is the Bolts have had no problem solving Price this season. Cheers by the way, the RedWings are my second love.

Well the way I see it is if Detroit's putrid defense has kept their offense somewhat at bay, Montreals d-core can do an even better job. Tampa is completely lost when you start checking them as they pass through the neutral zone. Bishop is an average goaltender (not saying Mrazek isn't) but both are shaken easily after goals. Can't really ever say the same for Price.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=765587
Here are the two possible scenarios for the Canadiens' Round 2 schedule. The final schedule will depend on the result of Game 7 between the Lightning and Red Wings, which will take place on Wednesday night.

VS. Lightning

Friday, May 1 - 7 p.m. - Tampa Bay @ Montreal - CBC, TVA Sports, NBCSN
Sunday, May 3 - 6 p.m. - Tampa Bay @ Montreal - CBC, TVA Sports, NBCSN
Wednesday, May 6 - 7 p.m. - Montreal @ Tampa Bay - USA, CBC, TVA Sports
Thursday, May 7 - 7 p.m. - Montreal @ Tampa Bay - NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports
*Saturday, May 9 - TBD - Tampa Bay @ Montreal - CBC, TVA Sports
*Tuesday, May 12 - TBD - Montreal @ Tampa Bay - CBC, TVA Sports
*Thursday, May 14 - TBD - Tampa Bay @ Montreal CBC, TVA Sports

* if necessary

VS. Red Wings

Friday, May 1 - 7 p.m. - Detroit @ Montreal - CBC, TVA Sports, NBCSN
Sunday, May 3 - 6 p.m. - Detroit @ Montreal - CBC, TVA Sports, NBCSN
Tuesday, May 5 - 7 p.m. - Montreal @ Detroit - USA, CBC, TVA Sports
Thursday, May 7 - 7 p.m. - Montreal @ Detroit - NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports
*Saturday, May 9 - TBD - Detroit @ Montreal - CBC, TVA Sports
*Monday, May 11 - TBD - Montreal @ Detroit - CBC, TVA Sports
*Wednesday, May 13 - TBD - Detroit @ Montreal - CBC, TVA Sports

So only a back to back if we face Tampa. I'm okay with being in Tampa for a short time. Happy we aren't getting any afternoon games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad