Who do you want next round?? (Playoff Schedule on Post #130)

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
At this point I'm not sure which is a better match up for the Habs. The Habs struggled against the Lightning this year, and I'm not sure if Therrien can make the adjustments. Stamkos is really struggling right now and might be a better matchup as the rules aren't as strict during the playoffs

On the other we played well against the Red Wings and seem to play a game more suited for the Habs. Do I really want to watch the coaching matchup of Therrien vs Babcock?

At this point I don't really care both are going to be tough opponents, but one thing is sure the Habs top forwards need to start playing like it to get out of the next round.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
This is exactly what I want for the cup run

Tampa wins game 6 and detroit wins game 7 in 3 OT`s.

Montreal vs Detroit Round 2

Montreal vs Islanders Round 3

Montreal vs Calgary SCF

If we win each round

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
One thing to remember: Detroit gets away with a **** ton of obstruction pre-lockout style of hockey. We already struggle to score as is, so that makes it harder.

On the other hand, I don't think we get more than 2 goals/game past Bishop with the way our offence is built.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
One thing to remember: Detroit gets away with a **** ton of obstruction pre-lockout style of hockey. We already struggle to score as is, so that makes it harder.

On the other hand, I don't think we get more than 2 goals/game past Bishop with the way our offence is built.

Our D is mobile enough to handle the quickness of TB however.

And for once we will be the more physical team of whomever we play.

Apr 28, 2010
Careful what you wish for.

No preference for me. I hope Wings/Tampa beat the crap out of each other and go to game 7 triple OT.

This.

Then whoever wins, plays the Habs the very next day for Game 1 :laugh:

Also, Detroit wouldn't be any easier. Some of you guys sound like Sens fans two weeks ago. Detroit has Mrazek now, not Howard.

Bardown27

Jul 5, 2013
Detroit for me, but i'm not scared of Tampa.

I just want them to advance to the ECF and meet the Rangers then sweep them. Their fans are so confident and talking trash about the habs it would be hilarious.

Also, according to HF the Habs will get destroyed next round (like they were supposed to be last year versus Tampa, then Boston and this year vs Ottawa). If the habs have another deep run the tears and excuses around here would be delicious.

GHG

WeeBey

Aug 7, 2009
montreal
Wings because it might stop people from talking about Tampa like they're the second coming of the 80's Oilers.

Don't really care match-up-wise. There's advantages and disadvantages to playing both.

Analyzer*

reg season :

4-0-0 vs Detroit

0-4-1 vs Tampa

easy choice for me : Detroit.

What was it... 2008 where we narrowly beat Boston in 7, only to lose in 5 to Philly? Our combined record against those 2?

12-0-0 (or something like that).

Yeah, why does regular season stats matter again ?

Whichever team we get will be hard to deal with.

Bardown27

Jul 5, 2013
What was it... 2008 where we narrowly beat Boston in 7, only to lose in 5 to Philly? Our combined record against those 2?

12-0-0 (or something like that).

Yeah, why does regular season stats matter again ?

Whichever team we get will be hard to deal with.

Same thing last year, 1-3 VS Tampa and 2-1 vs NYR, and look how it turned out in the playoffs.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I think theres no doubt that Tampa has the better team. They arguably have the best roster in the league. The thing is they don't have much playoff experience and Detroit is a team that has tons of it. They know how to play and they're not flashy but they're getting it done. Mrazek has been amazing and when you have Datsyuk and Zetterberg you need to respect those guys. Look at Tampa's roster vs Detroit, there's no comparison yet they are leading and if it was not for that breakdown in game 4 this series would be done already. Bishop has been dreadful also.

Toastman

Oct 12, 2011
Definitely the Wings. Although we swept Tampa last playoffs, they swept us in the season series this year.

Toastman

Oct 12, 2011
This is exactly what I want for the cup run

Tampa wins game 6 and detroit wins game 7 in 3 OT`s.

Montreal vs Detroit Round 2

Montreal vs Islanders Round 3

Montreal vs Calgary SCF

If we win each round

If Calgary makes the finals, something is really wrong lol!

CBCnutcase

Sep 11, 2007
Prefer the Red Wings because there is no recent playoff history between the teams. Tampa Bay would be out for revenge from last year's disappointing sweep and they will be nasty.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Hard to say. Tampa is the better team, but Babcock is the better coach and Mrazek is the better goalie. Habs struggle against Bishop so I say Detroit. Both will be incredibly difficult though, they have better skaters than Ottawa (and arguably Montreal, at least at forward) and better coaching.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
The Habs were the 2nd best in the regular season, despite Tampa besting them in their games. I believe if the Habs stick to their gameplan, they will overcome their opponents, simply play great defensive hockey and frustrate the opponent. This is what works for them, they are not a prolific offensive team, it's truly that simple.:yo:

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Doesn't matter. I have no idea what to expect from either possibility. Not to mention, which Habs team shows up... and if the powerplay is going to be effective.

We have as much of a chance winning with either team as we do losing. Obviously. I dont think we can favor either.

In the interest of difference, I'd rather face Wings.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
I voted Tampa. However, I would love to see a Habs-Wings series.

When was the last time these 2 teams played vs each other in the PO's? 1978?

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I know I'm cheering for the Wings big time.

Dump and chase hockey does not work against guys like Bishop who can handle the puck so well. On to of that, their D are big and out muscle out forwards along the boards. They also have so much speed that some of our slower D like Markov and Emelin will have a hard time keeping up.

Go Wings Go

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Tampa is another bad matchup. Not to say the Wings would be easy, but it's definitely a better matchup compared to Tampa Bay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad