Value of: Who do you want from the Flyers for your playoff run?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
What are Philly's positional needs? They're probably losing a forward in expansion unless a big deal happens prior.

Would Caleb Jones be of any interest in a deal for Scott Laughton?
The Flyers have:

Provy
Sanheim
Ghost
Hagg
Morin
York
Zamula
Hogberg

....as LHD in the NHL....or near ready. Whereas for RHD. we have:

Myers
Braun

So Jones just isn't needed. Ideally, they Flyers "needs" are RHD with top 4 upside. And has to be expansion exempt.

So given that, you can see why if Laughton gets moved, it will very likely be for picks or just drafted prospects because we have lots of near ready guys.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
The Flyers have:

Provy
Sanheim
Ghost
Hagg
Morin
York
Zamula
Hogberg

Myers
Braun

So Jones just isn't needed. Ideally, they Flyers "needs" are RHD with top 4 upside. And has to be expansion exempt.

So given that, you can see why if Laughton gets moved, it will very likely be for picks or just drafted prospects because we have lots of near ready guys.
Gotta go and get this local kid, RD, last played for the NYR, name rhymes with Bony

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I meant more needs

Like positional or what type of assets
If Jake is traded, then we need a top 9 RWer. What we really need is an experienced RHD AFTER the ED so we can have:

Provy ????
Sanheim Myers
Zamula/York Braun

Or a young RHD with top 4 upside who is expansion exempt.

For Voracek, the Flyers won't give him away. He has been a 60-80 point guy every year for us. No reason to trade him unless the return makes sense because it's not like we have 60-80 point guys to replace him.

Pelle31

Apr 3, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
If the Flyers would deal Carter Hart (I know he has had a brutal year but he still is young and could be a star goalie in the NHL) Edmonton could certainly use him.

Koskinen would have to go the other way.

So a deal around Hart for Koskinen + . What is a fair add coming from Edmonton in this scenario ?
No because it's taken the Flyers over 35 years to draft and develop their own goalie, yes Hart is having a hard year but he's only 21 or 22 years old. As a Flyers fan for a very long time, he's definitely one of the untouchables on Philly. I'm hoping Fletcher gets rid of Giroux and Voracek for no other reason then to get rid of their contracts but that's probably wishful thinking.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Oilers might want a LHD, with Jones being inconsistent and Russell playing decent but has lost a step. Also Koekkoek injured still.

Is Gustafson decent still?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
The Flyers have:

Provy
Sanheim
Ghost
Hagg
Morin
York
Zamula
Hogberg

Myers
Braun

Calen Addison for Morgan Frost. Anything there worth exploring?

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Don’t think the Flyers should be blowing it up. Maybe field offers on some guys and see if you can get some picks for guys like Laughton, Raffl, Gustafsson, Hagg, Braun, Elliot.

If they can somehow get out from under the JVR and Hayes contracts, they should pursue that. Those contracts will be ugly in a couple years.

JvR's contract won't exist in a couple of years.

There selecting from 30 teams . On average to meet the cap floor that’s less than 2 million per player .Why would they need significant cap hits again ? Again the only significant cap hits they take come with significant draft picks attached

You know not all of those 30 go onto the roster, right?

Since 13 Feb:

Flyers 7-9-2

Senators 9-8-2

Who has the god awful team again?

Shall we compare the divisions?

Reactions: Fight4yourRight

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
What would be the ask for Aube-Kubel?

Sharks fan inquiring.
He has played well for us but we can replace him from within with 1 of Allison, Laczynski, Wisdom, etc... so likely a 3rd +5th seems fair. A 2nd is too much, but just a 3rd seems too little.

Oilers might want a LHD, with Jones being inconsistent and Russell playing decent but has lost a step. Also Koekkoek injured still.

Yes as long as you know what you are getting. He will still make a WTF pass every now and then, but also played well when playing safer and gets his shot thru on the PP(but with Provy and Ghost his PP time is lower than it could be on other teams). Play him on the 3rd pairing and he is fine.

He likely could be grabbed for a 4th. Was traded for a 3rd last year.
Calen Addison for Morgan Frost. Anything there worth exploring?
Addison is fine, but the Flyers are going to be looking for a vet RHD first to play in the top 4...bumping Braun down to the 3rd pairing. The Flyers have lots of youth on D and really need another rock vet to settle things down when pressure mounts against them.

As for Frost, with Patrick's health uncertainly and possibly/likely losing a F in the ED, they will need Frost to fill a top 9 role next year. And with Hayes and Couts being 28, they need a young, cheap C with top 6 upside. Also, who knows...maybe Couturier decides to leave as a UFA next offseason.

For those reasons, I keep Frost...and Patrick for another year and see how things shake out.

Reactions: Groo

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The only redeeming part of this trade is that the first is likely a lottery pick. Logan Brown can’t even make the senators god awful team. Career AHL guy

Sens owner is not going to want to pay Ghost's signing bonus money. $2.25M this July and another $2.25M July of 22.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
What would the Flyers want for Oskar Lindblom?
Given everything he has gone thru with cancer, I can't see them moving him. He still has not recovered strength wise and having a full healthy offseason to train AND have proper rest, should do him a world of good.

And if we do lose JVR in the ED, he could find himself back in a top 6 spot next year.

Reactions: Bloomberg

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Probably best if you don't ask.

Canes have been taking advantage of desperate teams over the last couple years in trades.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Yeah... sure... no need to look too closely, I'm sure everything's fine... :(

No, seriously, he's a warm body at this point, though maybe if he brings an element you guys don't have, it'd be worth it. He should be cheap, at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad