Value of: Who do you want from the Flyers for your playoff run?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Now it's probably too late because we got Foligno already, but I love Scott Laughton. I think he would have been a good fit for the Leafs.

Reactions: Dooble08

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
You are an informed fan being that far away. He’s the kind of guy you want to trade for imo. Value as above is probably accurate considering the flyers will be exposing him anyway this summer.
Thanks. I wish I could make claim to such lofty praise but he's just someone who catches my eye whenever I get a chance to catch the Flyers. I agree in that he's be a contributor.
And of course happy to part with a 3rd for him

Reactions: TheKingPin

Dilderon

Nov 29, 2018
You hate on Patrick but "Bennett would be a good Flyer"? Do you even know these players?
Yeah I think Bennett would be a nice fit here. Flyers hockey right there. Don't need any more softies. I like his size. Why not? It's just my opinion.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Thanks. I wish I could make claim to such lofty praise but he's just someone who catches my eye whenever I get a chance to catch the Flyers. I agree in that he's be a contributor.
And of course happy to part with a 3rd for him
He takes penalties a fair amount, but he causes a lot of turnovers and really plays a strong 3rd4th line game. I wouldn’t mind several players more like him.

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
I’m a devils fan so this is hard for me to say...
I dont watch the Flyers unless they are playing the Devils , but from what I’ve seen , I always thought the your young core of players were very good!? Farabee Frost Konecny Provorov Hart Lindblom , then a few very good vets in Giroux Coots JVR ....
I don’t get how you guys are struggling right now.

I think it's more coaching than the players. They just look like they're not sure what they should be doing, afraid to get benched. AV loves his mind games. I think the Flyers should hold pat, and hopefully get a better coaching staff. It's easy to overreact, but this is a weird year so harder to evaluate the players.

Reactions: Fight4yourRight

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
I see nothing on the Flyers that resemble anything championship caliber, there is no high end core to build off of, coaching, off ice management. They should just blow up the team and start fresh. They are an ugly watch.

Fletcher was and continues to be an awful hire.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Couturier is good though.

Couturier is a trap for the Flyers--he's going to break the bank with his next contract and the Flyers will overpay him based on past performance. If the Flyers somehow get someone to take JVRs contract, that will be a plus. Jake is untradeable with that horrific contract. Next up will be Hayes and Couturier with awful, long-term contracts.

The problem is, the Flyers will never fully rebuild. Hextall tried to and they got impatient and cleaned house. They should make Farabee, Hart, Provorov and York off-limits... and everyone else in the entire organization should be shopped... including Couturier and Giroux.

That said, it will never happen, because Vigneault will not coach a rebuilding team, and Fletcher is a "play-it-safe and ride the median" type of GM.

The Flyers are in worse shape that some want to admit.

Reactions: romulus augustulus

Dilderon

Nov 29, 2018
Couturier is a trap for the Flyers--he's going to break the bank with his next contract and the Flyers will overpay him based on past performance. If the Flyers somehow get someone to take JVRs contract, that will be a plus. Jake is untradeable with that horrific contract. Next up will be Hayes and Couturier with awful, long-term contracts.

The problem is, the Flyers will never fully rebuild. Hextall tried to and they got impatient and cleaned house. They should make Farabee, Hart, Provorov and York off-limits... and everyone else in the entire organization should be shopped... including Couturier and Giroux.

That said, it will never happen, because Vigneault will not coach a rebuilding team, and Fletcher is a "play-it-safe and ride the median" type of GM.

The Flyers are in worse shape that some want to admit.
I do agree they are not looking great but Couturier is a very good player and worth a good price. Giroux will be a FA I believe after next year and maybe Vorachek gets exposed at the draft. I'm sure they will be ok they need some defensive help and a backup goalie and new coaches. I don't think we win anytime soon but there is some bright spots here. I personally like Couturier and Hayes as our centers 1-2

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I do agree they are not looking great but Couturier is a very good player and worth a good price. Giroux will be a FA I believe after next year and maybe Vorachek gets exposed at the draft. I'm sure they will be ok they need some defensive help and a backup goalie and new coaches. I don't think we win anytime soon but there is some bright spots here. I personally like Couturier and Hayes as our centers 1-2
How are we doing now with Couturier and Hayes as our 1-2 centers? In order for the Flyers to fully get their act together, they will need to take two steps back in order to take five steps forward. By the time we are legit contenders, Couturier and Hayes will be 2-3 years older, heading towards the back-half of their careers, and will be getting paid mega bucks on saddled contracts. It's this "what we have now is good" mentality that has hurt the Flyers for decades.

Yes, Couturier is a wonderful player and Hayes is good as well. But they are not franchise carrying type of players--in most cases, in order to get them, you need to collect high picks and make the right choices.

The Flyers should trade Couturier when his price is sky high and get top prospects and 1st rounders that will payoff in 3-4 years when the Flyers are in a better situation to contend. This is exactly what they should have done with Giroux and Voracek a couple of years ago but didn't. Now Jake is a terrible contract and we're watching another poor season with Giroux rocking the C.

Dilderon

Nov 29, 2018
How are we doing now with Couturier and Hayes as our 1-2 centers? In order for the Flyers to fully get their act together, they will need to take two steps back in order to take five steps forward. By the time we are legit contenders, Couturier and Hayes will be 2-3 years older, heading towards the back-half of their careers, and will be getting paid mega bucks on saddled contracts. It's this "what we have now is good" mentality that has hurt the Flyers for decades.

Yes, Couturier is a wonderful player and Hayes is good as well. But they are not franchise carrying type of players--in most cases, in order to get them, you need to collect high picks and make the right choices.

The Flyers should trade Couturier when his price is sky high and get top prospects and 1st rounders that will payoff in 3-4 years when the Flyers are in a better situation to contend. This is exactly what they should have done with Giroux and Voracek a couple of years ago but didn't. Now Jake is a terrible contract and we're watching another poor season with Giroux rocking the C.
I actually agree with you 100%

Dilderon

Nov 29, 2018

I actually agree with you 100% man. Your right.

Dilderon

Nov 29, 2018

I don't think we are gonna be a good team like contender for atleast 5 more seasons maybe more. Hbu?

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA

Even in this market, the return on Couts @ 50% would be amazing.

A contender getting him for 2 playoff runs would give up the farm, the summer cabin, and the first born

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I see nothing on the Flyers that resemble anything championship caliber, there is no high end core to build off of, coaching, off ice management. They should just blow up the team and start fresh. They are an ugly watch.

Fletcher was and continues to be an awful hire.

a) I am of mixed agreement with your comment, more agreement regarding management than the abject absence of championship-quality players.

b) I love your username.

Reactions: He Is Knocking

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019

Trading Couturier is the equivalent of blundering your Queen away in chess. Trading him for "top prospects" and 1st rounders is gambling that you trust the Flyers organization to find the right pieces. I'd argue that the Flyers would be much worse off after trading Couturier in 3-4 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad