Who do you think Avs mgt sees as it's core group of players?

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
2nd tier (meaning aren't getting moved short of massive overpayment): Varlamov, EJ, ROR, PAP, any of our top prospects (Bigras, Siemens, Barrie, Elliott, Hishon, Sgarbossa)

I think every last one of those players is tradable without massive overpayment. In particular, why would anyone overpay for Hishon or Sgarbossa or Siemens or Elliott - and why would the Avs insist on any overpayment? Not saying they should trade these players, but I bet they're on the table for discussion, if any other GM wants to talk.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I think every last one of those players is tradable without massive overpayment. In particular, why would anyone overpay for Hishon or Sgarbossa or Siemens or Elliott - and why would the Avs insist on any overpayment? Not saying they should trade these players, but I bet they're on the table for discussion, if any other GM wants to talk.

I never said they wouldn't be brought up in conversations. All I'm saying is if you want one of those players you'd better be willing to part with something good. Its highly unlikely someone like Hishon would be sent in a deal all by himself, if he were to be traded I'd expect it to be a package deal, and the package would probably be returning something fairly valuable. No one in my 2nd tier is "untouchable" but teams better be willing to make a strictly hockey trade where there is value for both teams.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I never said they wouldn't be brought up in conversations. All I'm saying is if you want one of those players you'd better be willing to part with something good. Its highly unlikely someone like Hishon would be sent in a deal all by himself, if he were to be traded I'd expect it to be a package deal, and the package would probably be returning something fairly valuable. No one in my 2nd tier is "untouchable" but teams better be willing to make a strictly hockey trade where there is value for both teams.

OK, we're in agreement. I'm totally on board with "value for both teams". Where I disagreed was "massive overpayment".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad