Who do you see the Kings signing in the Summer?

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Scuderi and Regehr will be re-signed. Will probably look for a secondary left wing at a fair price, but if none are to be found then just re-sign Penner to another one year deal to help Toffoli ease into the lineup. Likely sign a backup goaltender if one isn't included in the deal for Bernier.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Scuderi and Regehr will be re-signed. Will probably look for a secondary left wing at a fair price, but if none are to be found then just re-sign Penner to another one year deal to help Toffoli ease into the lineup. Likely sign a backup goaltender if one isn't included in the deal for Bernier.

I don't know why so many of you guys are convinced that both Scuds and RR will be re-signed. I understand that DL mentioned their potential signing in the off-season, but we still have Mitchell and Greene under contract.

RR
Scuds
Greene
WM

That's 4 SAH dmen at a pretty hefty cost imo.

I say as long as WM is back, we sign one of RR or Scuds, NOT both. And I would definitely prefer RR over Scuds.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
I don't know why so many of you guys are convinced that both Scuds and RR will be re-signed. I understand that DL mentioned their potential signing in the off-season, but we still have Mitchell and Greene under contract.

RR
Scuds
Greene
WM

I say as long as WM is back, we sign one of RR or Scuds, NOT both. And I would definitely prefer RR over Scuds.

I have already mentioned this but we won't have the benefit of knowing if Mitchell will be good to go. RFA starts on July 5th. So just over 2 moths away. So I think we will sign both and make a trade if it comes to that. Better to have and not need than to need and not have. And if Mitchell can't come back then we use LTIR to get the salary back.

Albi

Nov 24, 2004
Claro - Switzerland
I love Matt Martin, but honestly he is a Clifford clone. I don't think he has that much upside. 7 goals is the most he has scored as a pro. Same as Cliffy. Martin might just be a bit of a better fighter. The one thing with Martin though is he has showed he can play with top end talent like Stamkos in Sarnia.
Martin is a much better fighter than Kyle, he's in another category. He's got decent hands and got wheels, I'd love to see him in a Kings uniform.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV

RR
Scuds
Greene
WM

Because of DL's rhetoric when talking about Mitchell's injuries. It doesn't sound optimistic, and given Mitchell's past history, it is questionable that he returns. Mitchell is a question mark and Scuderi is healthy and proven durable.

Lombardi will want three veteran stay-at-home defenseman on the line, and it is questionable whether or not Mitchell will show signs of improvement by the summer time. These decisions have to be made in weeks, it isn't that far away, we are talking about free agents, we can't wait till camp. DL will want the sure thing, and that is to re-sign Regehr and Scuderi and be set with it.

Scuds is a proven warrior with two rings, letting him walk in favor of Ellerby would be a mistake if you can afford to keep him, and we can.

If Mitchell comes back, then great, that is a bonus, and then we jettison his contract after the year is done. There are worse things in the world than having Greene and Scuderi shut down opponents on a bottom pairing.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
The line up I'd like to see=Roll 4 balanced lines

Brown Kopitar Williams
(Pearson) Carter Richards
Clifford (Vey) (Toffoli)
King Stoll Lewis
Nolan
Fraser

DD Regher
Voynov Scuderi/Mitchell
Greene Muzzin
Martinez(slides up if Mitchell and Scuds are both gone)

Quick
??? (Jones)

Kings could move out:
King/Nolan
Amart
Bernier

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad