Who do you hope wins the Lafreniere sweepstakes?

Who do you want to pick Lafreniere?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Minneota deserves him, a real strong hockey market that hasnt had a true Super Star since the new organization came in. Montreal certainly does not, they've been gifted high picks recently and got the best frenchman for years automatically. Their fan base has been spoiled.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
The only teams I wouldn't want him to go to would be the Oilers or the Islanders.

I think it would be really cool if he ended up in Montreal and fulfill his potential. Hard to root against the home-town success story, and lord knows the Habs have a need for a franchise forward right now.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I think the Isles would be the best combination of not being too threatening but also being interesting. If they can shift Lee over to RW to just be a mucker in front of the net like he usually is and do all the dirty work, Lafreniere-Barzal-Lee would be a really interesting dynamic for a line.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
As a Canucks fan, i'd obviously most like to see him...in Vancouver.

But bias aside, i think Montreal would be the landing spot i'd prefer to see. I like that they haven't just blatantly "tanked out" for him. They're trying, which makes it feel more deserving somehow. They really have been starved for that electrifying "franchise forward" for so long. Plus, the whole francophone superstar to the Habs hype circus would be phenomenally entertaining.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Minneota deserves him, a real strong hockey market that hasnt had a true Super Star since the new organization came in. Montreal certainly does not, they've been gifted high picks recently and got the best frenchman for years automatically. Their fan base has been spoiled.
False, unless you mean any player that had not yet been signed to a C-Form, and that between 1963 and 1969...

Double check your info, please.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
-Worst team of all the play-in teams
-Havent had a top 2 pick in 40 years
-Havent intentionally tanked
-Has no elite forwards, and has not had one in a really long time
The only 1st overall picks the Canadiens have got were from trade (Lafleur and Wickenheiser). We never, ever finished last or won a lottery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad