Who do you hope wins the Lafreniere sweepstakes?

Who do you want to pick Lafreniere?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I want to say Arizona or Minnesota, but if there's one "suffering" fan base that *deserves* Laffy, it's Montreal.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I'm completely neutral towards Columbus, and I think they 'deserve' it. Last year, they went all-in which was commendable IMO. They always try regardless of their roster, and they could use a superstar forward.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I won't vote since I'm not "neutral" but if not Winnipeg, I'd probably like to see him in a Canadian market (other than Edmonton obviously) or maybe somewhere like Arizona who could use the help.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Aside from my team, Minnesota was one I found intriguing.

Laf and Kaprizov would be nuts.

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
I think hed be on the top line. The Draisaitl line was on fire the last 20-30 games and I think Tip would keep them together unless they got cold. Theoretically RNH could move to top line LW, but he seems to play better with Draisaitl.

Also seems better for Yam to keep that line intact rather than shoving a rookie in the mix. Easier on him defensively to play with two centers.
I think you have to factor in McDaddy missing a few games, putting more of an onus on Drai, and he delivered, thereby making that line look great.

I just feel like he should start on the second line with Drai as his Centre as he might transition easier into the league not having to face the top lines. Move RNH to line #1. But McD would shoulder most of the attention so he can theoretically roam free.

If you do slot him at #1, who would be the RW? Like you said it would mess up the line chemistry.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Habs have had PLENTY of QC superstars over the years....... and the MTL media would rip the kid to shreds the second he makes a bad pass.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I think you have to factor in McDaddy missing a few games, putting more of an onus on Drai, and he delivered, thereby making that line look great.

I just feel like he should start on the second line with Drai as his Centre as he might transition easier into the league not having to face the top lines. Move RNH to line #1. But McD would shoulder most of the attention so he can theoretically roam free.

If you do slot him at #1, who would be the RW? Like you said it would mess up the line chemistry.

I think the chemistry on line one would remain, McDavid can play with anyone except Taylor Hall. I assume RW would remain Kass.

I think he will transition fine. Devils didnt seem worried about Jack hughes, and Alexis is an objectively better prospect.

I think he can survive on the first line with McDavid, and RNH is a steady presence on the second line with Draisaitl. I trust Yamamotos development more with two centres on his line, rather than a rookie who will be making mental mistakes. Dont really want their inexperience feeding into each other, it's not like they have Bergeron as their centre, regardless of simpler matchups. Tbh it's more Yamamotos development I worry about, the Oilers need a win in actually sticking a prospect they dont draft in the top 5. Hes only shown 20-30 good games with Draisaitl, so I dont think it's set in stone that he will automatically have a strong year next year. Much as oiler fans would like to believe.

Of course this is all make believe until we actuslly lose to chicago (which I dont think we will and I dont want to see) and we hit on 12.5% odds.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
+1 for following OP's instructions for a neutral take :laugh:

To be fair, OPs instructions are kind of silly. Hes not really asking for a neutral take, hes asking for only neutral fans to vote (fans not in the play in). But the largest fanbases on the site are all involved in the play-in, so...we'd have not much of a poll.

As long as people vote neutrally to a degree it's probably fine. Voting for your own team is counter productive anyways, unless you're a fan of the bottom teams in the play-in. All of the upper play-in teams had good (to really great) chances at actually making the playoffs Pre-covid, so I'm not sure why those fans would admit wanting to lose to a non-playoff team in order to have a slim shot at the draft pick. I dont want to see the Oilers lose to Chicago....I'd like us to advance and montreal to get the pick and I think the whole system is junk anyways. This situation only exists because the NHL wants to salvage revenue and fulfill more of the TV contract. Otherwise there is no reason to have this reclamation play-in for teams that were basically dead to rights. I don't hate the play-in itself, only the fact that it digs way too far down into the standings.

We went from possible home ice to maybe not even making the playoffs and having to play a team that was like 7 points back with 20 points remaining... doubt you'll find too many Puttsburgh/Edmonton fans actually cheering for the 1OA, other than as a meme to piss off hockey fans.

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
Montreal would be nice, but a part of me hopes that Arizona gets him due to Hall.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
Habs have had PLENTY of QC superstars over the years....... and the MTL media would rip the kid to shreds the second he makes a bad pass.
I used to think this way but having been born in 93 and seeing old clips of the dynasty Habs teams... There was an aora about them that was pretty awesome. I think the league is better when passionate fanbases/historical teams are good. Montreal/Toronto both having good young teams would be great.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
As a Canucks fan, voting for my team seemed too obvious. I went with Montreal. They've really struggled with the draft, getting a French-Canadian at 1OA would be hype.

Plus it would be funny to watch Bergevin still struggle to make them competitive :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad