Pre-Game Talk: Who do we want to play, Flyers or Islanders?

Who do you want to play in the ECF?

• Total voters

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
I voted NYI but I think after watching this game 7 PHL is the much better matchup. They can't keep up with us. Hart would crack over 7 games.

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
I'm not as eager to dismiss the Islanders as a lot of you seem to be. Yeah, we got past the Blue Jackets this year, but I haven't forgotten the bed shitting that was pulled against the Caps in 2018. I feel good about this year, but I felt good about 2018 as well.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Philly looks a lot like we did last year vs. CBJ. They can't figure out why all the perimeter plays aren't working, because, you know, possession is everything.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
On the bright side, if a team as seriously flawed as the Flyers were able to take them to 7 games that's kind of proof the Isles aren't THAT scary.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
The schedule hasn't been released entirely yet, but since Game 1 is on Monday, I would bet my life on there being a back-to-back early in the series, likely Games 3 and 4. If they went every other day, Game 4 would be on Sunday. Week 1 of the NFL season Sunday, that is. The NHL would be galactically stupid to play afternoon games against the NFL, and NBC has Sunday Night Football and won't cannibalize themselves there.

So expect a back-to-back early in the series, and unlike the previous round, that one doesn't hurt our opponent much because they're more of a 1A/1B goaltending team anyway. Hopefully there's only one back-to-back scheduled.

twenty5psi

Feb 27, 2018
The 2020 Lightning are not the 2015-2019 Lightning. This team is deep and can play a physical yet disciplined brand of 5v5 hockey. Beating a Trotz coached team will be a test for them but one they can pass if they play their game.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Ok folks, after last night’s disappointment I’m finally sober enough & ready to jump on your Bandwagon full time!!!
5BEB1759-C227-4ECE-BAA6-A1D4A6494769.gif

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
and Tuch actually comes to play in the postseason so he gets extra points! haha who is with Tuch though? he is the only one I am familier with. Stephanson? Carrier? .... haha I looked it up, seems they dropped Statsny down to 3rd line center and moved Stephanson up. Statsny hasn't been as noticeable this postseason. I think I'll still take our 3rd line over them. Zero familiarity with Roy.

But his regular season numbers are just ok. I think he scored 8 goals in the regular season and has already 7 in the postseason? thats night/day comparison. Dude does bring it in the postseason. I think Gourde though is playing his best postseason hockey since his first crack at it when he became a regular with Tampa.
Nick Roy is a beast. You’ll get to know the name

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
The schedule hasn't been released entirely yet, but since Game 1 is on Monday, I would bet my life on there being a back-to-back early in the series, likely Games 3 and 4. If they went every other day, Game 4 would be on Sunday. Week 1 of the NFL season Sunday, that is. The NHL would be galactically stupid to play afternoon games against the NFL, and NBC has Sunday Night Football and won't cannibalize themselves there.

So expect a back-to-back early in the series, and unlike the previous round, that one doesn't hurt our opponent much because they're more of a 1A/1B goaltending team anyway. Hopefully there's only one back-to-back scheduled.
I don’t expect it unless it’s on a Saturday. Because both teams are playing out of the same rink

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Nothings gonna be easy but man, I was not impressed with either the flyers or islanders in that series.

I just think the bolts have finally found the right mix of skill and grit. Watching the flyers reminded me of past bolts teams. Trying way too hard to beat their opponent with skill. This years bolts team seems to have figured out ( finally ) that you need to work hard and grind. I voted Tampa in 6 on the main boards poll but I really wouldn't be surprised to see Tampa win in 5. Just feel really good about how the team is playing. Much different from any other year, even 2015. Time will tell though. Go Bolts! :)

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Nothings gonna be easy but man, I was not impressed with either the flyers or islanders in that series.

I just think the bolts have finally found the right mix of skill and grit. Watching the flyers reminded me of past bolts teams. Trying way too hard to beat their opponent with skill. This years bolts team seems to have figured out ( finally ) that you need to work hard and grind. I voted Tampa in 6 on the main boards poll but I really wouldn't be surprised to see Tampa win in 5. Just feel really good about how the team is playing. Much different from any other year, even 2015. Time will tell though. Go Bolts! :)

I don't know how you couldn't be impressed with the Isles. They scored 3+ goals every game. Each goalie got a shutout. Their three losses were OT, OT, 2 OT...two of those they scored two 3rd period goals to get it to extra time. They were way better than the Flyers in puck possession. They've had 15 different goal scorers this postseason.

Oh yea, and they buried the Caps in the previous round.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I don't know how you couldn't be impressed with the Isles. They scored 3+ goals every game. Each goalie got a shutout. Their three losses were OT, OT, 2 OT...two of those they scored two 3rd period goals to get it to extra time. They were way better than the Flyers in puck possession. They've had 15 different goal scorers this postseason.

Oh yea, and they buried the Caps in the previous round.
Like I said, time will tell.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.

Tampa’s scary Lineup full of power
About to expose Cinderella Isles midnight hour
Lightning striking in a city far away.

When the paralytic play that they covet so deep
Is exposed until they weep
Then they’ll realize victory too far away

Here come the Boys from the Floridian beach
Entering another Bubble treated in bleach
The Playoffs continue this time of year

And in Edmonton’s late summer heat
Those New York pylons we'll soon meet
While our hopes rest on Point, Hedman and some padded Russian guy

I got a feeling on the pond that’s frozen
That the rest allowed confidence to growin’
Happy to see Game Seven sap their soul

Today our Boys challenge was a moving day
While Islanders had to cling to their rock
Until we see them next address change

Though the matchup is not sexy
A daunting opponent, all can see
But the Lightning bring grit from all sides

Tampa’s scary Lineup full of power
About to expose Cinderella Isles midnight hour
Lightning striking in a city far away.
(Monday we go again)
(Vasilevskyyyyyyy, Vasilevskyyyyyyy)

The trolls let fly the choke belief
Same time everyday, same routine
But they’ll eat shit this Fall, when we are through

Even though we be missing two top snipers
We’ll make the Isles our arse-wipers
When the Trap is corrupted
Lightning strikes again
(Monday we go again)
(Vasilevskyyyyyyy)

Watch for the Lightning, falling from the sky
(Vasilevskyyyyyyy)

(Monday we go again)
(Vasilevskyyyyyyy)

(Vasilevskyyyyyyy)

In Edmonton’s arena, a city far away

Monday we go again!

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
So we played the Islanders 3 times this year.

we got killed the first two games and the 3rd game we won but didn’t really deserve to win.

I’m kinda scared

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad