Trade Deadline Day thread (new title)

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If someone overpays for him we should be all over it, Robinson is showing fishes of Anderson
Certainly. But nobody's going to do so. When someone is doing as poorly as Andy has been lately, folks are thinking "discount bargain bin".

* * *​
Savard + Anderson for William Nylander as a C
Nylander is not and never will be an NHL-level center. If he was ever going to be anything like one, Toronto would never have insisted on getting back someone like Kerfoot as part of the Kadri trade. He is a winger, now and forever.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Galchenyuk is leaving for pens? Finnish sources tell that the price fir him is low now. Should Jarmo ask for Alex?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Josh Anderson ( feel like we have to many guys like this. Power forwards with average hands ) some teams need to add strength to their roster would be good trade chip)

Ryan Murray ( wont get much for him, i would just keep him for expansion draft)

Alexander Wennberg ( same thing wont get much for him and i would keep him for expansion draft)

David Savard ( really good dman, blocks shots and can put up points. But if you want top line guys you have to give up someone. We are stacked at D

Markus Nutivaara ( young guy with lots of potential. Again lots of D depth we need to offer someone to get top line guys

Alexandre Texier ( very interesting prospect. Could be bottom 6 forward or blossom into top 6 guy. I for one would trade a potential prospect for a sure thing. We need help now. To many guys developing!!

Emil Bemstrom ( same goes for benstrom. I would want more for him over texier but if offer was right i would package him.

Any two of these guys for top line center would be my trade offer!

Murray won’t have any impact on the expansion draft. He will be UFA that summer. Seattle won’t use an expansion pick on a guy not under contract.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Galchenyuk is leaving for pens? Finnish sources tell that the price fir him is low now. Should Jarmo ask for Alex?

He's another 2012 draft top pick washout. Failed with Montreal, Arizona and now Pittsburgh. He's not good defensively either.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Not that its of any surprise to anyone here, but Jarmo confirmed in the 2nd intermission that we aren't trading our first round pick this year, and he's starting to get calls on our defensemen.

Reactions: Madifer

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Who would sit / go to Cleveland if we sign Galchenyuk? I’d rather have guys like Gerbe or Stenlund.

Well my hypothetical was for next years roster so who knows who will still be here or not.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Man did I miss bad on Galchenyuk...I wanted to draft that kid big time! SMH. Good thing the CBJ didn't hire me. Of course I wanted Anthony Mantha over Rychel in 2013 so I would have more than made up for it.

Should we trade Wenny right now...back to back goals? Sell high baby!

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I wouldn't mind the Jackets going after Lias Andersson from the Rangers, but I'm not sure exactly what's happened with his stalled development. Going to a winning team might be a better environment for him, but not sure Torts would exactly be the right coach to get him turned around. But Milano got things sorted out, so maybe it is possible for Torts to bring along struggling prospects.

Most teams aren't going to trade great center prospects. And I'm not sure Lias is a center any more then William Nylander. But, he's definitely available. Probably even within the division.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Serious Questions:

Why make a trade when the present team is hitting on all cylinders?
Do you really want to mess with the chemistry?
Will Cam ever get back into a game? (Kidding, but again, why break up the chemistry?)
When healthy, Elvis or Korpi?
What team would want Murray if he ever gets healthy?
Who is replaced in this lineup when everyone is healthy? Who goes down?
If you make a trade, do you seek out a veteran player, with playoff experience, seeing as the roster is still so young? If so, who is available?

I don’t mean to hijack the thread, but I think that these are the questions that really need answers before we make a trade.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Serious Questions:

Why make a trade when the present team is hitting on all cylinders? The team that is currently winning will soon be back to the regular lineup. That being sid I don't think a trade will occur anytime soon. Maybe at the tdl.
Do you really want to mess with the chemistry? I wouldn't but what do I know? (no answer necessary)
Will Cam ever get back into a game? (Kidding, but again, why break up the chemistry?)
When healthy, Elvis or Korpi? Rotate them until one either craps the bed or completely outplays the other.
What team would want Murray if he ever gets healthy? Toronto? Others who are thin at D and in playoff contention.
Who is replaced in this lineup when everyone is healthy? Who goes down? The exodus has begun.
If you make a trade, do you seek out a veteran player, with playoff experience, seeing as the roster is still so young? If so, who is available?

I don’t mean to hijack the thread, but I think that these are the questions that really need answers before we make a trade.

See above for my answers.

I don't see any trade happening before the TDL. As long as the Jackets continue to win they will stay put imo until the TDL. At the deadline the lack of picks will make a "buy" trade difficult. If out of the race then maybe the jackets sell for additional picks. I think any trades to acquire a top 2 C will only happen in the off season, if at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad