Who do u think are the top 10 prospects in the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
Vlad The Impaler said:
If you listen to every coach you will quickly get conflicting statements. Someone has to be wrong.

Sorry.
And if you listen to the player's coach, all you'll get is praise after praise. Which is understandable, but should be taken only so heavily.

Baron Von Shark

Feb 21, 2003
CA
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
So a guy like Tuomo Ruutu who has had a knee surgery, and now a solder surgery shouldn't be considered a good player because of injuries?
Max, always so defensive when talking about Sharks prospects. I never once said Michalek is not a bad player, nor have I ever implied that he was. I was only letting people know that the kid is now going into his 3rd major surgery in a year's time. You can't say that it won't effect him. Will it hinder him in the long run? Who knows, but it definately makes me, especially as a huge fan of his, very nervous. I hope the best for him, because I do think he is a top 10 NHL prospect, dripping with potential.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
1. Ovechkin
2. Lehtonen
3. Phaneuf
4. Parise
5. Malkin
6. Grigorenko
7. Suter
8. Michalek
9. Vanek
10. Meszaros

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
1-Lehtonen
2-Ovechkin
3-Fleury
4-Malkin
5-Phaneuf
6-Vanek
7-Suter
8-Parise
9-Carter
10-Michalek

I also don't consider Horton or Zherdev prospects any more.

9-

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Minnesota Norse Star said:
1. Ovechkin
2. Fleury
3. Phaneuf
4. Vanek
5. Lehtonen
6. Malkin
7. Hudler
8. Barker
9. Olesz
10. Richards

Was this list selected at random? Lehtonen at #5 is ridiculous. And I like Hudler a lot, but wouldn't have him anywhere higher than the lower end of the top 25. He's certainly below Grigorenko as far as Wings prospects are concerned.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I don't consider Zherdev or Horton prospects anymore either:

Lehtonen
Ovechkin
Phaneuf
Fleury
Carter
Vanek
Parise
Grigorenko
Malkin
Kronwall

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Leafaholix said:
10. Johan Fransson

I'm a huge fan of Fransson. In fact, I honestly think he's the Stars best defensive prospect in terms of upside (> Daley, Belle, Nickerson, Fistric, Grossman) and I know elite prospects is as high on him as I am on a random saterday night, but the 10th best prospect in the world?

As of right now he hasn't proven much at all really. A really impressive rookie season is all he has ever accomplished. He might make a top 50 prospect list once, maybe even as high as the top 10, but not for a while.

West19

Jul 19, 2004
1.Ovechkin
2.Lehtonen
3.Phaneuf
4.Fleury
5.Malkin
6.Carter
7.Vanek
8.Parise
9.Suter
10.Getzlaf