9. Ryan Suter
10. Milan Michalek

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
My picks would be:

#1 - Alexander Ovechkin

Challenged only by Kari Lehtonen, I believe Ovechkin will come straight into the NHL after this lockout and score 30 goals, even on the Capitals.

#2 - Kari Lehtonen

#2. Will win the starter job over Pasi Nurminen when the season comes back, and will be a top Calder threat.

#3 - Dion Phaneuf

The most NHL ready defenseman not in the NHL perhaps. I believe he'll start slow, but Phaneuf is as sure as a bet it gets on the blueline.

#4 - Nikolai Zherdev

Already looks great in the NHL. Perhaps a Marian Gaborik-type start to his career? Either way, Zherdev looks like a future franchise player in the mold of Alexander Mogilny.

#5 - Ryan Suter

Perhaps the top talent defenseman around. Can do everything, but isn't the 'sure thing' Phaneuf is, so that's why he's not ranked higher.

#6 - Milan Michalek

When he played last year, he showed some incredible talent. I believe he's a lot more talented than some think.

#7 - Nathan Horton

Could be another Bill Guerin, but his injury setback hurts a little bit. Still, one of the better prospects around, though only barely a prospect.

#8 - Igor Grigorenko

Another super-talent, and yet another big-time player the Wings draft really late. He's small, but feisty, super-talented, and is NHL ready.

#9 - Evgeni Malkin

Further away from the NHL than most here, but as talented as any here too.

#10 - Jeff Carter

When you look for potential top line scoring centreman, Carter is way up there. I personally really like this kids scoring potential, and I think the Flyers have a winner on their hands here.

Probobly forgot a player or two, but this is how I'd have it.

EDIT: Okay, forgot MA Fleury. I'd put him in at #7 - 9 or so.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
1 Alexander Ovechkin
2 Kari Lehtonen
3 Marc-Andre Fluery
4 Nathan Horton
5 Nikolai Zheredev
6 Dion Phanuef
7 Thomas Vanek
8 Evgeni Malkin
9 Ryan Suter
10 Millian Michelak

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
My top 10:

1. Kari Lehtonen
2. Alexander Ovechkin
3. M.A Fleury
4. Dion Phanuef
5. Nikolai Zheredev
6. Evgeni Malkin
7. Nathan Horton
8. Millian Michelak
9. Thomas Vanek
10. Jeff Carter

Baron Von Shark

Feb 21, 2003
CA
Visit site
Did you all know that Milan Michalek is undergoing yet another surgery on his knee? This time due to an infection that developed after the second surgery. :banghead:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Baron Von Shark said:
Did you all know that Milan Michalek is undergoing yet another surgery on his knee? This time due to an infection that developed after the second surgery. :banghead:
No joke?

Last edited:

leafaholix*

10. Johan Fransson
9. Andrej Meszaros
8. Ryan Suter
7. Jeff Carter
6. Fedor Tjutin
5. Dion Phaneuf
4. Marc-Andre Fleury
3. Evgeny Malkin
2. Kari Lehtonen
1. Alexander Ovechkin

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
Jay Thompson said:
My picks would be:

#1 - Alexander Ovechkin

Challenged only by Kari Lehtonen, I believe Ovechkin will come straight into the NHL after this lockout and score 30 goals, even on the Capitals.

#2 - Kari Lehtonen

#2. Will win the starter job over Pasi Nurminen when the season comes back, and will be a top Calder threat.

#3 - Dion Phaneuf

The most NHL ready defenseman not in the NHL perhaps. I believe he'll start slow, but Phaneuf is as sure as a bet it gets on the blueline.

#4 - Nikolai Zherdev

Already looks great in the NHL. Perhaps a Marian Gaborik-type start to his career? Either way, Zherdev looks like a future franchise player in the mold of Alexander Mogilny.

#5 - Ryan Suter

Perhaps the top talent defenseman around. Can do everything, but isn't the 'sure thing' Phaneuf is, so that's why he's not ranked higher.

#6 - Milan Michalek

When he played last year, he showed some incredible talent. I believe he's a lot more talented than some think.

#7 - Nathan Horton

Could be another Bill Guerin, but his injury setback hurts a little bit. Still, one of the better prospects around, though only barely a prospect.

#8 - Igor Grigorenko

Another super-talent, and yet another big-time player the Wings draft really late. He's small, but feisty, super-talented, and is NHL ready.

#9 - Evgeni Malkin

Further away from the NHL than most here, but as talented as any here too.

#10 - Jeff Carter

When you look for potential top line scoring centreman, Carter is way up there. I personally really like this kids scoring potential, and I think the Flyers have a winner on their hands here.

Probobly forgot a player or two, but this is how I'd have it.

EDIT: Okay, forgot MA Fleury. I'd put him in at #7 - 9 or so.

Good list. I'd put MAF at 5 though.

leafaholix*

Vlad The Impaler said:
Did you pick the name out of a hat or is that your hard on for Swedish guys clouding your judgment again? You're supposed to be Leafaholix.

Not Alcoholix.
He's as good a pick at #10 as there is. Draft position means nothing, look over his skills and abilities. There's almost nothing wrong with his game, and at the age of 19, he's probably one of the best defensemen in a men's league.

Blane Youngblood

Jun 17, 2003
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
Andrej Meszaros

Wow crazy, I've seen him a couple times, he's not bad, but doesn't seem to be able to take over a game like most of the other prospects on the list.

Mine:
1. Ovechkin
2. Lehtonen
3. Fleury
4. Malkin
5. Horton
6. Zherdev
7. Phaneuf
8. O'Sullivan
9. Whitney
10.Carter

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Vlad The Impaler said:
Did you pick the name out of a hat or is that your hard on for Swedish guys clouding your judgment again? You're supposed to be Leafaholix.

Not Alcoholix.

a clear illustration of why Vlad the Impaler is, was, and always will be one of the best posters on this site. I'm proud to have you as a teammate. I literally just LOLed at that.

leafaholix*

flyers guy said:
Did you forget to add Zherdev or was his omission on purpose?
Well, if he's eligible...

10. Ryan Suter
9. Jeff Carter
8. Fedor Tjutin
7. Dion Phaneuf
6. Nathan Horton
5. Marc-Andre Fleury
4. Nikolai Zherdev
3. Evgeny Malkin
2. Kari Lehtonen
1. Alexander Ovechkin

Baron Von Shark

Feb 21, 2003
CA
Visit site
Jacobv2 said:
No joke.
Two players who will help Cleveland when they are healthy are Milan Michalek and Scott Ford. The cadaver ligament, which was used for Michalek's surgery while in Cleveland last year, suffered an infection and another procedure could be necessary.

"Scott Ford (knee) will be out until January and we will monitor Milan's situation as well," said Wilson.

Even with a possible additional surgery, Michalek would likely play hockey again this season.

"Yes I do think so," said Wilson. "We are rehabbing and strengthening the knee. There may in fact be another procedure needed. We want to make sure he is 100 percent healthy for the long term though. It is like the Gary Suter situation."

Infections in elbow surgery for Suter helped shelve the Sharks defenseman for almost an entire year, but when he returned to the ice, he showed Sharks fans he was worth the wait.

If the follow-up procedure were necessary, instead of taking a ligament from a cadaver, the procedure would involve using tissue from Michalek's hamstring.
http://www.sjsharks.com/sharks/news/20040922-1095894643.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->