Speculation: Who do the Oilers sign?

• Thread starter MPStoEberletoHall*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrindNMuck

Jun 11, 2013
Wtf? Goaltending isn't even close to our number 1 priority. We have only 2 NHL capable centers and MPS is our only quality third line player assuming Hemsky leaves. We need bottom 6 forwards. We could also use a 2nd line left wing a top 4 dman. Yes we need a back up goalie but it's not the Oilers number one priority.

Goaltending is not a number one priority? Well i just checked they have 1 goaltender...

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
How much do you consider to be insane?

Whatever it takes to steal him from the Blues.

8.5 - 9 Mill+?

The cap's only going to go up and combined with future multiple ELC's we should be able to coast through a couple years. So why the hell not. Worse comes to worse, they match. Just lock up nuge and yak and hope we never need to trade with them. :laugh:

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
How much do you consider to be insane?

It doesn't matter.

They'll match anything.

They've done a phenomenal job managing their cap situation in St. Louis. Even a long term $10M AAV could be fit into their budget.

Personally, I still want Brian Campbell from Florida. Add whatever you can to Ales Hemsky to pluck him out of there. He and Schultz were awesome manning the PP at the Worlds. A perfect mentor.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
7.5M + would probably take 8.5+ to get St. Louis not to match, but then i could see them coming after RNH and Yak hard when their up.

8 million for Pietrangelo? I do that easily. That is BOLD. But yes the repercussions of such an offer could be bad

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Hey guys on a possible note what about Hainsey from WNG do you think he would improve our team?

What about if Alfie signs with another team I am guessing it is a higher percentage that Ottawa would want Hemsky. I would be interesting in Greening. If we could get Greening and Smith it would be perfect. Adds two players with size.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Goaltending is not a number one priority? Well i just checked they have 1 goaltender...

No kidding. But there are other issues to take care of first. Like I said before yes we need a backup goalie but there are more important holes on the team to fill than back up goalie. A back up plays around 20 games a season. Players play 82 games hopefully. If we don't get depth players we will be a lottery team. RNH can't win many face offs and Gagner isn't reliable either so center is number one priority. Having Lander as our 3rd line center and we won't win hardly any games. Top 9 forwards and Top 4 dmen are typically Of bigger importance than a back up goalie

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Let's try to keep this thread for predictions and the main rumours thread for discussion. Otherwise we'll have overlapping conversations about possible FAs and have to shut this one down.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Hey guys on a possible note what about Hainsey from WNG do you think he would improve our team?

What about if Alfie signs with another team I am guessing it is a higher percentage that Ottawa would want Hemsky. I would be interesting in Greening. If we could get Greening and Smith it would be perfect. Adds two players with size.

Greening + Smith for Hemsky? Sign me up

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Hall-Gagner-Yakupov
Filppula-RNH-Eberle
Paajarvi-Grabovski-Stalberg
Nystrom- Gordon- Brown

Coburn-Petry
Smid-Schultz
Ference-Larsen

Dubnyk
LaBarbera

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Hall-Gagner-Yakupov
Filppula-RNH-Eberle
Nystrom- Gordon- Brown

Coburn-Petry
Smid-Schultz
Ference-Larsen

Dubnyk
LaBarbera

That would be one weak team. Filippula, Grabo and Stalberg are not the most physical players. Add them into what we already have, yuck.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Hall-Gagner-Yakupov
Filppula-RNH-Eberle
Nystrom- Gordon- Brown

Coburn-Petry
Smid-Schultz
Ference-Larsen

Dubnyk
LaBarbera

I could get behind that 100%. Can't see the Oilers landing even 2 of those FA's though... tough to sign 5 guys like that.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Hall-Gagner-Yakupov
Filppula-RNH-Eberle
Nystrom- Gordon- Brown

Coburn-Petry
Smid-Schultz
Ference-Larsen

Dubnyk
LaBarbera

Although I like the Defense, that second and third line is far too soft for my liking. Also remove Larsen for Klefbom, Belov or Schultz

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
That would be one weak team. Filippula, Grabo and Stalberg are not the most physical players. Add them into what we already have, yuck.

I don't think we are in a great position to be super picky about who we sign. Bottom line for me is that I want players that are more competitive than those we have now; and I 100% believe that these players are. Playing hard on the puck and competing hard are forms of guys "being physcial", hitting isn't the only way to be physical.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
I don't think we are in a great position to be super picky about who we sign. Bottom line for me is that I want players that are more competitive than those we have now; and I 100% believe that these players are. Playing hard on the puck and competing hard are forms of guys "being physcial", hitting isn't the only way to be physical.

This is true. As much as we want to get bigger, adding quality to our line up should be a priority too. A skilled and gifted team will do better than a team of coke machines

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
This is true. As much as we want to get bigger, adding quality to our line up should be a priority too. A skilled and gifted team will do better than a team of coke machines

Glad you agree; interested to know who you would like as 2LW, 3C and 3RW? I do agree that maybe someone a bit tougher than Grabo should anchor our 3rd line.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Glad you agree; interested to know who you would like as 2LW, 3C and 3RW? I do agree that maybe someone a bit tougher than Grabo should anchor our 3rd line.

There aren't really any high calibre third line centers on the market. They're either 2Cs like Weiss/Ribeiro/Grabovski or 4Cs like Gordon/Lapierre. I'd target a guy like Zack Smith via trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino