Who did the best in Free Agency?

puke

Jun 27, 2017
Winnipeg
Leafs. That forward group is now without a doubt the best in the entire NHL.

We (Jets) have great forwards leaking out our *******, I'd say we have atleast as good of a group if not better. Didn't we outscore you guys last year?

Saying you have "without a doubt the best forward group" shows how oblivious you are to the league.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Leafs. That forward group is now without a doubt the best in the entire NHL.

Fake news warning

I wouldnt be surprised if one or two of their young guns take a step back...they always do

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
The rangers had a 20 goal scorer on every line.

Saying the leafs have the best offense is one thing saying they easily have the best is getting carried away.

Anyway this year teams that could and probably will outscore the leafs....

-penguins
-capitals
-rangers
-lightning
-blue jackets
-wild
-blues
-jets
-oilers

It's not much of a stretch to say these teams could also as well....preds.coyotes, flyers, sens, sharks, stars, even buffalo adding a healthy Eichel, Nylander, pominville, and perhaps a baptiste/mittlestadt

That list is terrible BTW. The Leafs had the most 50 point and 60 point players in the entire NHL.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
We (Jets) have great forwards leaking out our *******, I'd say we have atleast as good of a group if not better. Didn't we outscore you guys last year?

Saying you have "without a doubt the best forward group" shows how oblivious you are to the league

No it says I followed the entire NHL and commented only when I had the stats and facts that said the Leafs had the best offensive depth in the NHl last season.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Oilyveins97;134300667[B said:
]Dude, why do you have to do this to yourself? [/B]

So you think without an absolute doubt the Leafs will put up the most GF next season?

Just to confirm, are you aware all stats and facts back up what I said?

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016

They are. Hilarious you're trying to play the "Leafs homer" card. They had the deepest group of forwards statistically before adding Marleau. Are people not aware of this? Before jumping on people please look at stats and facts.

Last edited:

Oilyveins97*

Jun 11, 2017
Manitoba
They are. Hilarious you're trying to play the "Leafs homer" card. They had the deepest group of forwards statistically before adding Marleau. Are people not aware of this? Before jumping on people please look at stats and facts.

Man you would think they would have at least made it out of the 1st round by the way you think

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

deepest and best aren't the same thing.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Not sure who did the best, but after the Marleau signing it's very clear who did the worst. And I love it !!

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
Not sure who did the best, but after the Marleau signing it's very clear who did the worst. And I love it !!

Yeah signing a guy who scored 27 goals to replace the 4th liner playing with Matthews and Nylander sure was bad for the Leafs.
:shakehead

It sure wasn't the teams who signed Girardi or Alzner.:laugh:

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB

Marleau makes the Leafs a better team... not sure how you can argue against that

Montreal did the worst imo, I expected them to fill some major holes including a puck moving D and some more scoring depth.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
I don't really like what any team did honestly. If pressed I would say NY. Best move was probably buying out Girardi + Shattenkirk deal.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
The leafs are going to lose one or both of JVR and Bozak, by adding a 38 year old 6 m dollar 46 pt player despite patty m playing all 82 and with jumbo joe.

What else suggests Toronto did the best, the blockbuster deals for Hainsey and Dom Moore or was it the essential re-signing of Garrett sparks.

Playing with joe Thornton isn't as big of an argument for a players points as it was 5-8 years ago. Marleau currently has just as good if not better opportunities of a supporting cast of line mates in Toronto as he did in San Jose.

Marleau Matthews nylander

Marleau bozak marner

As a leaf fan I'm happy with this signing... the leafs are developing their budding stars. Much rather surround them with marleau, Moore and formerly Boyle than sign guys who are driven by money ex Radulov.

Marleau is a great role model, and will help then young leafs make the playoffs again... which will only aid in the development of the youth. Playoffs build warriors.

Very happy with signing Moore and marleau.

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Girardi and Klein out and Shattenkirk and DeAngelo in is huge for the Rangers. There is still the possibility of Staal being bought out later this summer. Moving Stepan before his NMC kicked in and hogtying the team for another 4 years was also a great long term move.

Defense overhauled, bad contracts eliminated and cap troubles completely avoided. I'd call this a very, very good offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad