Who could be our new coach?

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Putting aside for a moment whether we should or shouldn't can Mo, who's out there right now that we might consider to lead this rag-tag band of misfits out of the wilderness?

I'm really hoping this can be a discussion about the candidates and their merits and not why we should or shouldn't hire a new bench boss. I'm pretty sure we have a thread for that.

All that said, I don't actually have any ideas, which is the main reason I'm asking.

I'd add a poll, but I have no idea who's out there. I can later or mods feel free to add one.

Reactions: Sixty Minute Man

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I think Greta Thunberg should be our next coach. Playing Bitetto over Niku? Letestu over Gustafsson?

LividConsciousCondor-size_restricted.gif

Lomac

Jul 28, 2011
Winnipeg
They would probably just make Todd Woodcroft as interim coach until the end of the season.

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
He is actually an assistant in Chicago right now. Chevy has contacts there and I’m sure they wouldn’t stand in the way of him coming here. He had applied back in 2011 for the job as well.
I always liked him, seemed like a very hands on coach. Unlike Maurice and talked to his players not just the media.

Reactions: Mbraunm and JetsNut

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
I always liked him, seemed like a very hands on coach. Unlike Maurice and talked to his players not just the media.

I know it is ancient history and means nothing but his idiotic 1998 olympic moment is the only thing I see when i hear his name.... honestly Maurice is going nowhere during the season. Chevy handed him a joke of a defence. He will have the slack. Next year though he would be on a red hot seat. Or the summer at earliest when more coaches would be available anyways.... you have to think. GM's use coaches as scape goats. Why would Chevy kill off Maurice mid year and then he himself is on the hot seat if next year was another bad year. GM's fire coaches and buy themselves a fresh start.

Roughneck1

Aug 9, 2014
Putting aside for a moment whether we should or shouldn't can Mo, who's out there right now that we might consider to lead this rag-tag band of misfits out of the wilderness?

I'm really hoping this can be a discussion about the candidates and their merits and not why we should or shouldn't hire a new bench boss. I'm pretty sure we have a thread for that.

All that said, I don't actually have any ideas, which is the main reason I'm asking.

I'd add a poll, but I have no idea who's out there. I can later or mods feel free to add one.

Sheldon Keefe is who I’d want them to go after if they decide to let Paul go.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
MOD NOTE: This thread is to discuss candidates who might be out there to become the Jets next Head Coach. It is not a discussion on the current Head Coach or his performance. A thread exists for that already.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
If you replace a coach mid-season you usually get stuck with whatever mediocre coach is doing TV commentary at the time.

Dan Bylsma and Crawford are former Cup winners working as assistants so would have to wait til the offseason. What coaches are available right now? Potentially Sutter if he's sick or ranching or whatever it is he does. But we all know if Maurice is fired mid-season Carlyle is the new coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad