Pre-Game Talk: Who cares about the game? Saku !!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec
Why on earth is this not a national game....

Because some marketing major came to the conclusion one day that blackouts could allow for more money to be extracted from loving fans.

Saku was amazing both as a hockey player and as a person. He desserved better than to be tossed aside only to be "replaced" on the ice by Scott Gomez and off the ice by Gionta. That was a terrible decision by Gainey/Gauthier, although Gionta did his very best and should be respected for it.

I just hope that if, one day, Saku wants to learn the ropes of managing/coaching, the Habs open their doors to him. I feel like he would have much to teach. And he'll forever be a Canadien.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I like Saku and appreciate all he has done for the club during ****** years, but the Habs better not give him a silly one day contract. Habs are better than this. Also let's respect the fact that he ended his career with Anaheim. He played there for 5 years!

HABSonaroll

Mar 20, 2013
Saku night :wave: - Was our last best Captain :yo: - HABS better Score a bunch tonight for the WIN - GO HABS GO :hockey:

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Liked the man, great person, never was a fan of the player.

I'd be happy to see a Saku Koivu street in Montreal

Davebo*

Pretty sure they will unveil his name on the Anneau d'honneur.

As good as he was, he's not Number retirement material.

Agreed. Popular player, but look at the names hanging from the rafters, and what they accomplished. Saku is nowhere near those players - and he'd be the first to tell you that.

That said he could have done more - if he'd had some supporting players.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
They should name the cancer ward in the new hospital after him.

My memory is foggy but they did already name a ward or section or wing of the Montreal General after him. They talked about it in that RDS documentary that aired a few weeks ago.

(If that changes anything)

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
It's on City Montreal. Not national.

Oh crap you're right. What the hell, I'm so sick of Rogers. Sure, I have gamecentre but I'm tired of watching games on my computer and it's not the same hooking it up to the TV.

I miss the RDS loophole.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
tumblr_n2htdi82am1shr61qo1_500.jpg

Is this Lars Eller??

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They should name teh cancer ward after ****** people.

Wards are usually named after rich ****s who don't have the balls to make anonymous donations, but who are looking for naming rights in exchange for their cash.

Obviously, would be different if the initiative came from the institution itself.

Better way to do it, in my view, is to coordinate something with the City of Montreal.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
according to the habs twitter saku is coming up soon

Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 8m8 minutes ago
Saku Koivu sera des nôtres dans quelques minutes. / We'll have Saku in just a few minutes. #GoHabsGo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad