Pre-Game Talk: Who cares about the game? Saku !!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianODST

Dec 17, 2014
You are 100% right. Alfredsson is a choker who choked with elite teams. Koivu was a ****ing warrior. Get out of here with Alfredsson, ****ing Krusty the clown.

You can go give back your habs fanclub membership card at the desk.

Just wondering, what warrants this reaction? I'm pretty sure Alfredsson is very respected, no reason to fly off the handle. Having said thaat, Koivu should have been offered a 1 day contract.

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
There's a press conference at 1pm I believe. What tells us that he will not sign a one day deal like they did with Alffy? It could happen.

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
Man, I remember like 10 years ago, it seemed like every Canadian team had a great captain. koivu, Alfredsson in Ottawa, Sundin in Toronto, Iginla in Calgary, Naslund in vancouver, and whoever edmonton had

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
All those years (mainly before 2006), Markov and Koivu were the only bright spots (Theodore in 2002 as well) on this sad team.
markov_koivu-640x360.jpg

I am still pissed we couldn't provide a good enough team for Saku to win the Cup. He should have been a Habs for life.

Let's not make the same 2 mistakes with Markov especially the Cup part.:naughty:

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
I wish I could get free at work to go :(

It's the game I wished I could have attended the most in the last 10 years.

I never got to see him play live as a Montreal Canadien but I saw his final game as part of the Ducks in Montreal, that meant a ton to me, I couldn't miss this.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Favorite players in order: Koivu, Koivu, Roy, Koivu, Odeline, Roy, Koivu, Chelios, Koivu, Zednik ...that's about it for the team from pre- the-last-7-years-and-before-I-watched-the-game!

11Goat11

Inside her
Feb 18, 2006
Why on earth is this not a national game....

So stupid.

O Captain, my Captain! I was at the home opener against the Leafs when Saku was just diagnosed and started Chemo, he had no hair standing at the bench for the pre-game ceremonies. Remembering the standing ovation he received still gives me chills. I miss Saku, wish he was still on the Habs and retired a Hab. Hopefully he can come back into the fold as a coach or something.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
There's a press conference at 1pm I believe. What tells us that he will not sign a one day deal like they did with Alffy? It could happen.
That might depend on whether he already filed his retirement papers with the NHL. If he did so, he probably can't sign a contract, even a 1-day. I'd guess the PC is just a media availability thing, or perhaps they'll announce he's been hired by the organization in some capacity. European ambassador or scout, maybe. He lives in Finland after all so he won't be seen around the BC much in his retirement.

mikko1995

May 30, 2010
That might depend on whether he already filed his retirement papers with the NHL. If he did so, he probably can't sign a contract, even a 1-day. I'd guess the PC is just a media availability thing, or perhaps they'll announce he's been hired by the organization in some capacity. European ambassador or scout, maybe. He lives in Finland after all so he won't be seen around the BC much in his retirement.

He's actually still living in California for the time being, although both Saku and Hanna have said they will most likely move back to Finland in a year or two.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I bought tickets to this game a few months ago in anticipation of tonight being a Saku tribute.

I'm so excited! This guy was such a big part of my teens, he was my hockey hero. It still kills me that he finished his career somewhere else, especially considering we still never got a centre good enough to replace him. Ironic, because to many he NEVER good enough. He was called overpaid, overrated, etc... and yet, years later we never got a guy who could do what he did.

Even at the end of his career he was still better than most of the centres on this team. Even today he'd probably be better.

I have a signed Koivu jersey that has never been worn, and for the last 6 years it has been in a garment bag, preserved and protected. I am ****ing wearing it to the game!

Mustard stains hooooooo

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
SAKU <3

When this is all over, I hope he one day works in Hab management, just so he can eventually hoist the cup as a Hab even if not as player. Whole reason I got into hockey and loved the Canadiens. This is going to be a great night one way or another.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Just FYI re:

Dave Stubbs @Dave_Stubbs · 4h 4 hours ago
#Habs moved Saku's news conference to 1 pm from 5 pm, at his request. He hopes for some time to breathe before emotional pre-game ceremony

ChikN

Sep 1, 2010
Montréal
Would be cool if they signed him for a coaching position for 1 game. Having him behind the bench wearing the C and cheering the boys!

Saku maffakin Koivu, the only star we had for all us under 25-26 yold.:yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad