Speculation: Who can protect Andersen?

Twowingcantfly

Jul 4, 2019
Overall team toughness is non existent. Dubas pick up similar players with no grit to their game. I look at Boston, Tampa St. LOuis, SJ, Vegas, Buffalo..... So many teams have excellent team toughness. Unless we get some sand paper, no cup any time soon...

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Overall team toughness is non existent. Dubas pick up similar players with no grit to their game. I look at Boston, Tampa St. LOuis, SJ, Vegas, Buffalo..... So many teams have excellent team toughness. Unless we get some sand paper, no cup any time soon...

I agree but they have all season to sort that out. Lets see which skill guys have something to contribute and maybe replace the ones who don't.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Dubas made it sound like Ben Harpur was gonna get a legit shot at making the leafs as a 6th damn. If he can actually prove to be useful...his toughness on the back end would be a huge lift.

If not Harpur, maybe Kevin Gravel can make the team. Another big guy who plays the body.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Does anyone even have any evidence to suggest players on tough teams get hit less than players on soft teams?

If you watch hit compilations it's a pretty even spread.

How much revenge do the tough teams even get after their player is hit? Not much. Just a bunch of gloves on the ice and F bombs and yo mama jokes and then the game goes on.

Soft team ends up on the powerplay as well.

It's 2019. Stickhandling with your head up at top speed and takeaways off a backcheck are the new grit. Leafs are built for that style of play, not gang wars.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Muzzin, Hyman and Moore are the only tough players we have

I would add Kappy to the list as well. Dude definitely isnt shy of throwing a body check and has a nasty side to him. Johnsson can also play the body but doesnt do it much because of his size.

But this is where our 4th line needs to come in. I'm hoping either Marchmant or Engvall make the 4th line out of camp.

Gauthier is another guy but the dude needs to grow some balls and play like his size a bit. Dude has no mean streak

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Does anyone even have any evidence to suggest players on tough teams get hit less than players on soft teams?

If you watch hit compilations it's a pretty even spread.

How much revenge do the tough teams even get after their player is hit? Not much. Just a bunch of gloves on the ice and F bombs and yo mama jokes and then the game goes on.

Soft team ends up on the powerplay as well.

It's 2019. Stickhandling with your head up at top speed and takeaways off a backcheck are the new grit. Leafs are built for that style of play, not gang wars.

Didn't watch the playoffs ^^^^^^^

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
I would add Kappy to the list as well. Dude definitely isnt shy of throwing a body check and has a nasty side to him. Johnsson can also play the body but doesnt do it much because of his size.

But this is where our 4th line needs to come in. I'm hoping either Marchmant or Engvall make the 4th line out of camp.

Gauthier is another guy but the dude needs to grow some balls and play like his size a bit. Dude has no mean streak
I don’t understand gauthier.. he must realize that even if he were to pretend to be tough every once and a while he would make millions and millions of dollars and could have a long nhl career, but alas he is a gentle giant I guess

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad