Speculation: Who can protect Andersen?

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
If that’s something the other team really wants to do, there’s not stopping it. Run the goalie, take a 5 inure major, and you’re out of the game. Unless you think Tie Domi would have followed him into the shower, what is “toughness” going to do then?

I get it, being soft leads to teams taking liberties. I don’t like it either. I wish we were a much tougher team. There are, however, lots of ways to discourage that. Having a great power play is one. You want to play physical, fine, get ready to eat a pile of SH goals. That’s exactly what the London Knights do, and it seems to work pretty well for them, right?

You are very correct on your points...the thing I worry about is when we are up 6-1 and the losers are head hunting..with nothing to lose...the game is out of reach and they start looking for our stars...that's when you need Harpur or Marchment more than any other time IMHO.

horner

May 22, 2007
Anderson and his stick.
Last yr when a Anderson got ran into , maybe Rielly had a talk with said player
No one else stepped in, I was shocked and not suprised that no one did anything.

Anderson will have to look after himself

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Our zero playoff round wins say hi.

Sit Martin...Kadri gets suspended
Don't address lack of grit at the deadline....Whatdaya know. The same thing happened.

Who could've possibly seen that coming? This soft ass team has no chance of lasting 4 playoff series. Playoffs are war. That's what you fail to understand.

1.) Leafs were the grittier team against Boston. Special teams killed us
2.) Cup winners averaged a whopping 2 more hits per game than us and were themselves near the bottom of the league in hits.

Conn Smythe winner barely hits more than Nylander and you want to dress Martin.

Please show me what I fail to understand.

Reactions: stopclickbait

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
1.) Leafs were the grittier team against Boston. Special teams killed us
2.) Cup winners averaged a whopping 2 more hits per game than us and were themselves near the bottom of the league in hits.

Conn Smythe winner barely hits more than Nylander and you want to dress Martin.

Please show me what I fail to understand.

Re #2. In order to get credited with a hit the other team must have possession of the puck. Logically if you out hit the other team's that means they had the puck more often.

Imo that is a bad thing.

I would rather the Leafs get out hit 50-0. That means they had the puck the whole game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad