Keon
Gilmore
Clark
Salming
Bower
Turnbull
Dorey

And who shouldn't have Ellis and Henderson in the top 12

Do people actually intentionally omit the only player in franchise history with a 60 goal season, of which he has 2, who is only 1 of like 9 NHL players in history to have multiple, Hart Trophy, 3 time Rocket Richard, Ted Lindsay (Pearson)?
Favorite, not best scorer.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I'm 54 and even I'm not old enough to appreciate Keon, Mahovlich, Bower, etc., etc., And then, even though I saw them play, I was kind of too young to really appreciate Sittler, MacDonald and Salming so it's kind of a loaded question where I think a lot of people are going to add some names they think they need to add because you're supposed to. Not me, I'm going with my real favs (the order is only by date):

- Clark
- Gilmour
- Sundin
- Belfour
- Mogilny
- Roberts
- Kessel
- Nylander
- Marner
- Matthews

Seriously couldn't think of a defenseman I would pick over these players. Don't judge me.

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Matthews
Sittler
Salming
Sundin
Clark
Gilmour
Marner
Keon
Palmateer
McDonald

This list isn't in any order, it's just how they came to mind. These are only players I've seen in Leafs uniform; I excluded legends before my time.

Reactions: ClarkSittler

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Salming
Keon
Sittler
Clark
Armstrong
Matthews
Horton
Felix
Eddit Shack :)
Sundin

Last edited:
Reactions: PROUD PAPA

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Inspired by a segment done on overdrive, who are your top 10?

For me

1.Keon
2.Sundin
3.Sittler
4.Salming
5.Dougie
6.Cujo
7.Auston
8.Vaive
9.Potvin
10.Rielly

Matthews although the most talented and Marner probably 2nd most talented haven't done enough in the playoffs for me to rank them above the others, if they win a cup or make the finals I think you can have Willie, Mitch, Auston, Morgan in your top 5 easily, but until then I'm not going to rank them highly because they rack up points in the season.
I was taking this seriously until I saw Rielly in there... really? of ALL time?? wtf

Might as well add Reichel in there as well while we're at it?

Reactions: Al14

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
At this point I think AM34 needs to be top 3:

Keon
AM34
Sundin
Salming
Sitler
Gilmour
Bower
Clark
Vaive
Armstrong

As soon as AM34 gets a cup, he is #1 in my books and may get there regardless.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
At this point I think AM34 needs to be top 3:

Keon
AM34
Sundin
Salming
Sitler
Gilmour
Bower
Clark
Vaive
Armstrong

As soon as AM34 gets a cup, he is #1 in my books and may get there regardless.
If you don't have Matthews in your top 5 already, you're just being petty. By the end of his career he'll be top 3, could even make number 1.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I don't know about all 10 but I know Sawchuck for the short time he was here and Dave Keon have to be on that list if it is purely about greatest players to ever wear the uniform.

Then there is Tim Horton Mahovalich, Bower. Sundin, Clark, Salming, GIlmour, Vaive could at least match up with their peers.

freshwind

Mar 23, 2002
Pilar? I’m guessing he was your son.
lol ... nope - as I stated ...favourite, not best ... I also omitted current and guys before my time
I was a huge Pilar fan ... his quips were almost as good as Almo's ... "i play crazy, not stupid"

Reactions: Confucius

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Do people actually intentionally omit the only player in franchise history with a 60 goal season, of which he has 2, who is only 1 of like 9 NHL players in history to have multiple, Hart Trophy, 3 time Rocket Richard, Ted Lindsay (Pearson)?
This thread is actually interesting, because it doesn't ask "who are the best 10 Maple Leafs of all time"

It's so open ended, so I just laid out my favourites regardless of skill or impact or whatever records etc etc.

You can tell I wasn't a Leafs fan until the mid-late 90's. I wasn't into hockey during the Gilmour/Clarke/Potvin era. I got into it right after.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
Dave Keon
Mats Sundin
Borge Salming
Darryl Sittler
Red Kelly
Tim Horton
Turk Broda
Frank Mahovlich
Teeder Kennedy
Wendel Clark

Auston Mathews , Mitch Marner, Johnny Bower, Doug Gilmour , Charlie Conacher, Busher Jackson Joe Primeau , King Clancy, Hap Day, Bobby Baun, William Nylander, Rick Vaive

Last edited:
Reactions: Al14 and PROUD PAPA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad