Speculation: Who are your favourite Leafs?

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Thought we could use place to boost our guys. So who are your favourite Leafs and add why if you’d like.

Rielly - Loved him since we drafted him. I live in Calgary so I was lucky to be able to see him a couple times a year when he played for Moose Jaw. Wow was he a fantastic puck rusher back then. Almost every single rush was him carrying the puck to below the opponents goal line. I actually wore my Leafs jersey to the game with a buddy right after we drafted him and he pointed to us in the stands and waved haha! And who couldn’t love his dad’s reaction when we drafted him? Just pure gold! You knew he was going to be a warrior for us and I’m hoping he can be for the rest of his career!

Matthews - I’ve never seen a package (lol) like his since... Maybe someone like Ovechkin. Man was I excited to see on my first google search of him that he has the same birthday as me! And Ovechkin, which seemed so fated. Once we won the lottery to get him it felt like a huge weight came off my back. I’m sure it’s a collective feeling of relief that we finally got a 1C to replace our beloved captain Sundin.

Muzzin - <3 <3 <3 Love your beard dude! Love your grit, love your shot and shot selection, love your offensive instincts. You play a real good brand of hockey my man!

Dermott - Didn’t really follow this kid until he broke into the NHL and wow was I impressed right from the get go! Much as I was impressed right from the get go after he returned from injury the other day. Very consistent player for us and also plays with a good amount of jam to his game. Keep it up Dermie, appreciate you!

Andersen - I know not everyone likes him but I really appreciate his calm demeanour in the net. He does well at making the initial save, controlling rebounds, and playing the puck. He also grinds out a lot of games, minutes, and shots against for us. I really appreciate having a solid goaltender and think he has shown lots of promise to be a goalie who can get really hot for decent stretches of times.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Rielly

The only guy who I have as untouchable. Should have been captain. Hopefully be can become a bit more consistent defensively as he dominates with his elite offensive abilities. A top 7 defenseman in the league with Norris trophy potential. Wish we could get a better partner for him who could compliment his game. A big physcial guy who can skate and kill possession and cycles. Someone like Savard. Think rielly-savard type pairing would be amongst the best in the league

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
This should be the question: Who were my favourite Leafs?

The Me Three greed destroyed my ability to have any current Leafs as favourites.

If youre going to crap on Matthews, Nylander and Marner you should probably go after Tavares too, I don't know why he gets a free pass when he pretty much gave the Leafs no discount. Why would the other 3 take less so Tavares can get more. Its a domino effect, if Tavares doesn't come to Toronto or signs for around 9.5M, the other 3 are likely on cheaper contracts.

Reactions: LeafingTheWay

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Thought we could use place to boost our guys. So who are your favourite Leafs and add why if you’d like.

Rielly - Loved him since we drafted him. I live in Calgary so I was lucky to be able to see him a couple times a year when he played for Moose Jaw. Wow was he a fantastic puck rusher back then. Almost every single rush was him carrying the puck to below the opponents goal line. I actually wore my Leafs jersey to the game with a buddy right after we drafted him and he pointed to us in the stands and waved haha! And who couldn’t love his dad’s reaction when we drafted him? Just pure gold! You knew he was going to be a warrior for us and I’m hoping he can be for the rest of his career!

Matthews - I’ve never seen a package (lol) like his since... Maybe someone like Ovechkin. Man was I excited to see on my first google search of him that he has the same birthday as me! And Ovechkin, which seemed so fated. Once we won the lottery to get him it felt like a huge weight came off my back. I’m sure it’s a collective feeling of relief that we finally got a 1C to replace our beloved captain Sundin.

Muzzin - <3 <3 <3 Love your beard dude! Love your grit, love your shot and shot selection, love your offensive instincts. You play a real good brand of hockey my man!

Dermott - Didn’t really follow this kid until he broke into the NHL and wow was I impressed right from the get go! Much as I was impressed right from the get go after he returned from injury the other day. Very consistent player for us and also plays with a good amount of jam to his game. Keep it up Dermie, appreciate you!

Andersen - I know not everyone likes him but I really appreciate his calm demeanour in the net. He does well at making the initial save, controlling rebounds, and playing the puck. He also grinds out a lot of games, minutes, and shots against for us. I really appreciate having a solid goaltender and think he has shown lots of promise to be a goalie who can get really hot for decent stretches of times.
I share a lot of yours. I like Matthews when he's "on". He has a talent level that I've never seen in another Leaf. Rielly is a favorite of mine. He's a much better player than I thought he would become. Muzzin, goes without saying, as I love hitting and he's the one and only big hitter. I wouldn't have Dermott or Andersen on my list. Instead, I'd have Kapanen (he's intense most of the time) and can't really think of anyone else.

Last edited:

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
I share a lot of yours. I like Matthews when he's "on". He has a talent level that I've never seen in another Leaf. Rielly is a favorite of mine. He's a much better play than I thought he would be. Muzzin, goes without saying, as I love hitting and he's the one and only big hitter. I wouldn't have Dermott or Andersen on my list. Instead, I'd have Kapanen (he's intense most of the time) and can't really think of anyone else.

That’s all fair :) Everyone has their faves! I appreciate your reasoning for Kap, he’s up there for his compete level for me as well!

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
There are no favourites because of a bunch of entitled complainers! Thats not true but you would think it by the poor fans we have around. Losses and poor play happen, even to good teams and this is a good team ;)

Reactions: LeafingTheWay

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
NOW: Tavares(near goal master) Matthews(he is Matthews) Marner(unprecictable passer) Nylander (circeling like Nyllet, loved him on tre krornor)
HM: Kapanen , Soup, Tima.

PAST: Sundin/Salming

Reactions: SwissLeaf

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
At the moment, I gotta go with the small, gritty skilled forwards: Johnsson, Timashov and Moore. Those guys are all skilled AND play physical every single shift.

When they're on their game, it has to be both Marner and Nylander. The playmaking/creativity on Marner and the playmaking/possesion-play on Nylander are amazing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad