Who Are Your Buffalo Sabres "Untouchables"?

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I apologize if there is a thread for this already, but I couldn't find one. So, who are your untouchables on the Sabres?

My List (rather lengthy, I know):

Zemgus Girgensons
Sam Reinhart
Rasmus Ristolainen
Nikita Zadorov
JT Compher
Connor Hurley
Brendan Lemieux
Nicholas Baptiste
Gustav Possler
Linus Ullmark

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I apologize if there is a thread for this already, but I couldn't find one. So, who are your untouchables on the Sabres?

Zemgus Girgensons
Sam Reinhart
Rasmus Ristolainen
Nikita Zadorov
JT Compher
Connor Hurley
Brendan Lemieux
Nicholas Baptiste
Gustav Possler
Linus Ullmark

Too many...

Zemgus Girgensons
Sam Reinhart
Rasmus Ristolainen
Buf 2015 1st

Bps21*

Zemgus Girgensons
Sam Reinhart
Rasmus Ristolainen
Nikita Zadorov
JT Compher
Connor Hurley
Brendan Lemieux
Nicholas Baptiste
Gustav Possler
Linus Ullmark

My list is your top 4. Really 3 but I'm excited to see what zadorov becomes so I'd wait. Ullmark is my favorite goalie in the system...but if Murray moved him...he'd know better than me lol.

Edit: the sabres first this year obviously. Isles too.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
None. Reinhart is our most prized prospect since Turgeon. We traded him when he was 21 and I don't think anyone would argue it was the wrong move. If something like that comes along, even Samson isn't untouchable.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
None. Reinhart is our most prized prospect since Turgeon. We traded him when he was 21 and I don't think anyone would argue it was the wrong move. If something like that comes along, even Samson isn't untouchable.

I think the point of these threads is based more in current reality.

Who is the last asset/player that was traded, that you would trade Reinhart for?

ZeroPT*

Who is the last asset/player that was traded, that you would trade Reinhart for?

Tyler Seguin.

But apart from him, you'd have to go back really far

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
The reality is that any player is tradeable if the price is high enough. Even Gretzky was traded, as they say.

But I assume you mean players that would require a return so exorbitant, that it makes trading them very implausible.

The only assets I would put in that class are Reinhart, Girgensons, Ristolainen, Zadorov, and the BUF and NYI first round picks in 2015.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Reinhart, Girgensons, Risto, Zads, 2015 1st.

I'd rather not do any trades (involving our prospects or Myers) until 2015 Draft however.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012

Turris? but that was over a contract dispute so not really applicable here

Briere to Buffalo, Pho wasn't gonna pay him either

Turgeon wasn't even the best player involved in that trade

as of right now my untouchables are:
2015 1st
Risto
Reinhart
Girgensons

Sabres83

Feb 27, 2014
Myers, Reinhart, Girgs, Zads, Risto, Ennis, Ullmark, 2015 1st BUF, 2015 1st NYI

Bps21*

I feel like, when it comes to those 2015 picks...

I basically know where the buffalo (never moving it) and St. Louis (will move it) picks are going to be. I have no idea about the islanders. And I wouldn't move the islander pick until I know because I can't even affix proper value to it until then.

Meichel Kane

My Name Is
Jun 6, 2006
My only untouchable is the 2015 1st. Reinhart is close. I'd trade Girgensons in the right deal.

Sabres83

Feb 27, 2014
why the bolded?

Huge fan of Ennis, think he's a good guy to keep around. I think Ullmark is our goalie of the future, and trading the Islanders pick makes no sense at the moment, it could be a McDavid ticket.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Reinhart, Girgensons, Risto, Zadorov, BUF 2015 1st for sure. MAYBE Grigorenko/Myers, but itd have to be the perfect deal.

wnysupport

Jun 27, 2011
Reinhart, the Sabres 1st and Risto

Only players right now. That could and probably will change but as of now that's where I'm at.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Girgensons
Reinhart
Ristolainen
2015 BUF 1st

Just missing:
Zadorov (immense ceiling, not entirely sure if he'll hit it, but he's an NHL player regardless)
Compher (think he's the type of player that teams win Cups with)
2015 NYI 1st (only b/c I'm not sure of its value yet)

TossinSauce

Dec 16, 2013
Upstate NY
Girgensons
Reinhart
Ristolainen
2015 BUF 1st

Just missing:
Zadorov (immense ceiling, not entirely sure if he'll hit it, but he's an NHL player regardless)
Compher (think he's the type of player that teams win Cups with)
2015 NYI 1st (only b/c I'm not sure of its value yet)

I agree with your post, however I would push NYI 2015 1st into the untouchable region for the reason you stated. We don't know it's value yet, sure it could be a mid teens pick or it could be as good as a top 5 pick. Would hate to trade that away this offseason and see the Islanders pull a trainwreck.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
You people are telling me that if Colorado called and said ROR for Girgensons + Mike Weber, or something like that, you wouldn't do it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad