Who are you hoping for in Round 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

titaniumexpose

LG Pens & Sharks
Dec 13, 2006
Ohio by way of Ford City, PA
Hoping for the Flyers, thank you very much. We'll either be shocked or justified. Also despite being in the 2nd round I still think a poor showing against Philly could do in DB for good, would rather see us man up and prove something though.

Fire Shero*

Id much rather lose to the rags than Flyers.

#GoRags

It sucks that Shero and Bylsma could be around next year, if they make it far into the playoffs. It's a strange feeling to be nervous that your team advances too far...but we are wasting everyone's time with Shero ruining this team.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I guess I'd have to say the Rangers since the Flyers are the bigger rival for us. I don't really care who we play though. It's time for this Pens team to put up or shut up. No more excuses. Beat the teams you're supposed to beat or make changes in the off-season.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I have a feeling the pens players(except MAF) want to play the Flyers.

Pens played really hard at the end of the regular season against the Flyers, they could of just took it easy and let the Flyers win to avoid them in the 1st round, MAF still ended up losing the game for the pens, but it didn't seem like the pens would of minded playing the Flyers in round 1.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I have a feeling the pens players(except MAF) want to play the Flyers.

Pens played really hard at the end of the regular season against the Flyers, they could of just took it easy and let the Flyers win to avoid them in the 1st round, MAF still ended up losing the game for the pens, but it didn't seem like the pens would of minded playing the Flyers in round 1.

Neal, Letang and Malkin keeping their cool is just as important as MAF not shooting pucks in his own net. You seem to put all the blame on MAF.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Neal, Letang and Malkin keeping their cool is just as important as MAF not shooting pucks in his own net. You seem to put all the blame on MAF.

Well i do put lots of the blame of the pens past playoff failures on MAF, hes been bad, however if he does meltdown again this year i would put the blame on Shero rather then MAF.

If your MAF i just can't imagine that he would want to play the Flyers, they have owned MAF, pens flyers games are usually high scoring games.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
I don't think they can beat either team and I am already counting down the days until it's over - and it hasn't even started yet - and we don't even know who the Pens will be playing.

This isn't an easy second round opponent like last season - all due respect to the Sens.

Last edited:

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I think we would have an easier matchup against the Rangers. That being said I would rather play the Flyers, if the Pens play the Flyers and beat them it could make them learn how to play properly again.

And if they we're happen to loose... Could finally get DB canned. Ether way it's a win/win in one way or another.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

Not as worried about the players keeping their cool than I am with Fleury. Our guys were stupid against the Flyers and a few others but that's easily fixed. We saw a sample of that against the Jackets. They controlled themselves and skated away for the most part. Not hard to fix something that isn't really you to begin with. Which is why I feel the opposite towards Fleury. He completely lacks confidence. When things go wrong, forget it. Overthinks it way too much and way too hard on himself. The best goalies/Qbs /pitchers can make a mistake and brush it off, finish the game well. There's an arrogance about them, they don't get rattled. Something MAF clearly lacks. It's a shame too, because he could be a top goaltender in this league if he wasn't so weak mentally. Has nothing to do with his skills. Which is why I still think if he does end up somewhere else eventually, and gets to the age where just doesn't care anymore....he's going to be better than he was during his whole tenure here. Even with his athleticism taking a hit. 29 years old now, but will probably be better at the age of 35.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think we would have an easier matchup against the Rangers. That being said I would rather play the Flyers, if the Pens play the Flyers and beat them it could make them learn how to play properly again.

And if they we're happen to loose... Could finally get DB canned. Ether way it's a win/win in one way or another.

The Flyers won't teach them how to play properly. It's all mental stuff with them and the Pens. To learn to play properly there are better teams to learn that from.

Yes!

Rangers..

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
The Flyers are in their heads, but I consider the Rangers to be the superior team. So I could see the merits for having to beat either team, in the end it's whichever one hurts as few Penguins as possible.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
2-0 Rags...Neither teams looks all that great. Almost disappointing for a Game 7.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
You know what is a reason for happiness? Knowing that the Flyers have $22 million tied up in Andrew MacDonald, Luke Schenn, Nicklas Grossmann, Mark Streit, and Braydon Cobourn next season. And the following season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad