Who Are We?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
There's nothing really extreme about trading a player and retaining salary or buying him out. Happens all the time.
When he's still as productive as Dubinsky is, I'd say it is pretty extreme. Yes, he's declining, and yes, that suggests the contract is going to be an ugly one in the future, but I'm not exactly sure how that's a new thing that requires this new immediate action. As far as I can tell we're fine just riding him all the way to the end of his usefulness, and that hasn't arrived yet IMO.

Fundamentally, my objection is that trades aren't about "getting rid of" people; they're about finding a mutually beneficial arrangement between teams. Yes, sometimes you can take advantage of some fool and dump a horror contract on them, but that's rare enough that it's not something one should expect to be able to plan for. Odds are we're just as likely to get something of similar horror back.

Given that, while I don't disagree that moving them is a thing that deserves consideration, I wouldn't go so far as to say they "need to go". That phrasing gets one into a mindset where you start believing that moving them is the end goal in and of itself, rather than a means to an end. Don't confuse expendability with liability.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
"In the process of becoming" is the terminology I used on the prior page. Not exactly the same, and maybe you don't think my assessment is as close to yours as I do, but... I do.

I'll be honest, I mainly read the title and didn't read most of the posts. I went back and took a look at what you wrote. Anything I have a disagreement about would probably just amount to quibbling. Our opinions have far more in common than differences.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Okay, after seeing what Dubi pulled with Dillon last night, I'm reconsidering the "we don't need to get rid of him" stance I had earlier. This is getting ****ing embarrassing.

212d4e4efb4ec52750bbb17e9638fb77.gif

This isn't fuc#in hopscotch...........

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00