Who are the top agitators in the league today?

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Leafs have like zero agitators on the team. I don't even remember the last time you folks had one

Well it's been a whopping 10 hours since Hyman made the Oilers go nuts... And is your memory so bad that you don't remember Nazem Kadri?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Well it's been a whopping 10 hours since Hyman made the Oilers go nuts... And is your memory so bad that you don't remember Nazem Kadri?

oh yeah

however not sure if really is, or just loses his cool once in a while. Especially against the Bruins lol

HockeyJunkie87

Jan 20, 2021
cant forget the leafs pest.... oh yeah they dont have one..

Attachments

• Untitled design2.jpg
    Untitled design2.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 7

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Exactly. He is chirping

Guys like Lemieux and Matthew Tkachuk will spear you, dare to fight, questionable legal hits etc.

Spearing and questionable hits is dirty play, it's not agitating.

McSorley hitting Brashear in the head with his stick or Bertuzzi sucker punching Moore isn't what people think of when they think of good agitating...

Reactions: NyQuil

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
French legend Antoine Roussel makes me royally pissed. Also heard the radio guy call him the “biggest piece of crap in the league”

so he gets my vote

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
From what I've seen this year (North Division mostly), it's Brady and Matthew Tkachuk, then everyone else. Use to be Gallagher, but I don't notice him as much anymore.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
From what I've seen this year (North Division mostly), it's Brady and Matthew Tkachuk, then everyone else. Use to be Gallagher, but I don't notice him as much anymore.
just about every single whistle he's tied up with someone, smiling and chirping in their faces lol

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
I feel like we need a definition here. Hard to classify, when not everyone can find a middle ground to agree.

That said IMHO I still think Brady Tkachuk counts. I don't think literal dirty plays count as being agitators or pests. Thats just going over the line, which is associated with the former categories but shouldn't be the expectation.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Just like 95% of player does, he isn’t agitator like Matthew, Marchand etc, he is just a big body that annoys opponents because he brings results with use of it, he absolutely is not a agitator like his brother is for example.

Lmao what? 95% of the league does not run their mouth all game. Look at the benches during stoppages of play. 95% of the bench is just sitting there talking amongst each other. Only like 1-3 players per team will be leaning over the bench closest to the opposition jawing all game.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Both the Tkachuks are way out in front these days. Roussel isn't effective anymore. Marchand and Gallagher have both calmed down a lot. Wison is just dirty, which agitates everyone, but doesn't fit what this thread is looking for. The Tkachuks piss off their opponents almost every night.

Ray Mercer

Oct 3, 2018
I wouldn’t classify Wilson as an agitator. He’s a power forward. I liken him to a poor mans Cam Neely.

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Probably Jack Johnson. Never been so agitated watching one player in ma life.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Spearing and questionable hits is dirty play, it's not agitating.

McSorley hitting Brashear in the head with his stick or Bertuzzi sucker punching Moore isn't what people think of when they think of good agitating...

Yes and no imo

Dirty little play is a form of agitation
Like a chop at the back of the calfs or wrist.

Laughing at opponents. Talking trash. Trying to get opponents to instigate fight but may not fight themselves.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Yes and no imo

Dirty little play is a form of agitation
Like a chop at the back of the calfs or wrist.

Laughing at opponents. Talking trash. Trying to get opponents to instigate fight but may not fight themselves.

I want my agitator to walk the line but not cross it. Kind of like Chris Neil played. Or ruutu.

Something like a spear is an automatic 5 minute major and a game misconduct. I don't see spearing as agitating. It's just putting your team down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad